Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Scrapper needs to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Scoundrel
Scrapper needs to be fixed.

Nidza's Avatar


Nidza
11.24.2012 , 07:51 AM | #1
Now guys,scrapping is the thing I did from lvl 10,it's my favorite and only spec and I can kill anyone 1vs1,but I am annoyed by several things.


Back Blast in PvP absolute nightmare to use if the target is mobile with a speed buff,sometimes it starts the spell GIVES FULL GCD or even 2-3 and doesn't do the animation because the target moved,this is broken and need to be fixed by making backblast activatable from anywhere in pvp.

Disappearing Act is broken and simply doesn't work with companions especially in world pvp where without Disappearing act + rocket boost it wouldn't have worked 99% of the time even with careful companion management.

Sustained damage is a joke,no ranked team needs scrappers because tanksassins are FAR FAR better at stealth roles and we cannot dream to outdamage marauder/pt,I'm not a PVE player but from my very limited experience u should really spec dirty fighting for that because scrapper really doesn't cut it.

Burst Damage: currently the single best thing we have but as the gap closes 1.6,it's going to be in a big decline the next couple of months.

I know that I'm hoping for too much because after all we don't have shiny lightsabers but mby you could fix 1 or 2 things,but seeing what became of commando/merc I don't have my hopes up.

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
11.24.2012 , 08:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
Burst Damage: currently the single best thing we have but as the gap closes 1.6,it's going to be in a big decline the next couple of months.
what do you mean by this? i haven't seen anything in the 1.6 patch notes about class balance changes.

Sinaith's Avatar


Sinaith
11.25.2012 , 03:20 AM | #3
you just said it yourself, you can pretty much kill anything 1v1. but you want the ability to literally 1v1 anything AND do sustained damage similar to other damage classes? wow, you must be kidding. you have the most powerful opener in the game, and pretty much a billion stuns. i've seen plenty of good teams run with scrapper / concealment, and no their role is not to dps. they can kite for days and play safety like the good little pansies they are

stop complaining and asking for everything for your class. next, you'll probably start begging for heavy armor and guarding.

if you want sustained dps, go roll a sustained dps class.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
11.25.2012 , 04:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinaith View Post
...you have the most powerful opener in the game....
Among others, there's this ability called "Smash", You may have heard of it.

I like your (unfounded, but let's carry on) claim that scrapper is actually designed as a non-dps, dps class, and so should be content to be incapable of killing anyone. Nice concept.

Though it totally contradicts the first part of your post where you say they can 1v1 anything. Which is true, so long as Anything has no clue.

Not really a coherent contribuition, overall. I take it you've played neither scrapper nor concelament at 50.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.25.2012 , 04:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Among others, there's this ability called "Smash", You may have heard of it.
Smash is not, technically, an opener.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
11.25.2012 , 04:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Smash is not, technically, an opener.
Granted, but you eat it straight after the initial leap without being able to do much about it. In a list of OP abilities, Shoot First must be down at around, oooh, 34? Just ahead of Dodge and behind Dispatch.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.25.2012 , 05:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Granted, but you eat it straight after the initial leap without being able to do much about it. In a list of OP abilities, Shoot First must be down at around, oooh, 34? Just ahead of Dodge and behind Dispatch.
Yes, he can tag another person with Crush, but it's not unlike like saying that you also get stunned when you break the shield that a passing bubblestun Sorc has placed on the Smasher. Third person factor.

And yes, you can do something about it. On my Commando, I hit Knockback by reflex. 9/10 smashes don't touch me (well, unless it's multiple a-holes), because the jump itself is less than 1 sec, and you have an at least .5 sec window to counter it. And I play at 200MS.

About Shoot First - I also play a Concealment Operative. My only wish is for more mobility, and, perhaps, some extra utility. It's not Shoot First that is/was scary. In 1.1 it was the stunlock combo. With consistent 4-6k "yellow" hits. I don't think an opener that has CC on it should be particularly large. It should be an either stun opener, or a spike opener, or something in the middle. That said, I do think that Backstab/back blast needs to have its cooldown reverted, or, perhaps, even reduced because it's a positional skill and requires setup.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Canino's Avatar


Canino
11.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
Back Blast in PvP absolute nightmare to use if the target is mobile with a speed buff,sometimes it starts the spell GIVES FULL GCD or even 2-3 and doesn't do the animation because the target moved,this is broken and need to be fixed by making backblast activatable from anywhere in pvp.
I agree that if they move it CAN glitch, but it doesn't often. And no. I don't want people running around using BACK Blast in front of people. Just no.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
Disappearing Act is broken and simply doesn't work with companions especially in world pvp where without Disappearing act + rocket boost it wouldn't have worked 99% of the time even with careful companion management.
I completely agree, it is bugged, BUT if you cleanse and then use DA it works more often.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
Sustained damage is a joke,no ranked team needs scrappers because tanksassins are FAR FAR better at stealth roles and we cannot dream to outdamage marauder/pt,I'm not a PVE player but from my very limited experience u should really spec dirty fighting for that because scrapper really doesn't cut it.
If you want DOTs go to Dirty Fighting. Thats why the tree is there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
Burst Damage: currently the single best thing we have but as the gap closes 1.6,it's going to be in a big decline the next couple of months.

I know that I'm hoping for too much because after all we don't have shiny lightsabers but mby you could fix 1 or 2 things,but seeing what became of commando/merc I don't have my hopes up.
Overall we are in a good place. We aren't OP, but have a hard learning curve. If played well, we demolish anything in our path. If it's a bad player, well... we die. Hard. Also, I haven't seen any class balancing threads for 1.6, but I might have missed something. Posting the link would be helpful. Sorry if I seemed rough, I just don't want this class to be buffed or nerfed. I love it where it is.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
11.25.2012 , 10:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinaith View Post
you just said it yourself, you can pretty much kill anything 1v1. but you want the ability to literally 1v1 anything AND do sustained damage similar to other damage classes? wow, you must be kidding. you have the most powerful opener in the game, and pretty much a billion stuns. i've seen plenty of good teams run with scrapper / concealment, and no their role is not to dps. they can kite for days and play safety like the good little pansies they are

stop complaining and asking for everything for your class. next, you'll probably start begging for heavy armor and guarding.

if you want sustained dps, go roll a sustained dps class.
Lol, you need to get over yourself.

Calling scrapers pansies. Tell us which class YOU play, I guarantee its skill requirements are nowhere near what it takes to be a good scrapper.

Pansy calling a true class a pansy. Ppl make me sick.

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
11.25.2012 , 10:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Smash is not, technically, an opener.
Enrage > Force Leap > 8k Smash. All doable in like 2 secs time. Pretty close to an opener, and then spam vicious slash to lower the cd and rage cost on smash making your next one free and 8k again within seconds.

Scrapers have Shoot First and then Back Blast, both with fixed cooldowns that we can't spam other abilities to lower the cd or energy cost of, and also can't make it a 100% guaranteed crit, nor ever come close to a single hit of that size.

Smash is a much better opener any way you look at it.