Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patching Keeps Failing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DreadNaught
11.24.2012 , 02:22 AM | #1
Hi guys. Been a while since I have played the game and decided to come back and resub and maybe have some fun. Well, I've now lost a full day while waiting for the game to update but it keeps failing and has to consistently do a file repair. At this point it's getting pretty damned annoying and I'm now coming here to see if I can get some help with the issue.

Here's my launcher log for today alone:

Spoiler

I see some errors in the log but no idea what I can do to correct the issue.
Daryan McLeod - Level 50 Sith Marauder (MAIN)
The McLeod Legacy

Member of Friendly Bros. Combat Solutions and Sith Lords @ The Ebon Hawk RP-PVE

Beruthien
11.24.2012 , 02:29 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings DreadNaught,

Your launcher log indicates corrupted files in the client installation, usually the best thing to do in this situation would be to let the repair run if it is prompted.

Repeated repairs also may indicate an issue with your computer’s hardware (memory and hard drive). I would recommend running chkdsk and Memtest86+ to rule out any errors (please run Memtest86+ at least 6 times).

After this please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. Once this is done please do a Clean Boot and then try patching process again.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this. Please include your up to date launcher log.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support