Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question for Bioware/EA Customer Service/Relations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Question for Bioware/EA Customer Service/Relations

Rimuranu
11.23.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1
Note: I am a player on the only West Coast PVE server.

Why should I continue to pay for your game?

Sure, the game is entertaining, but it is very unreliable. I play games to unwind after my 12+ hour days 5-6 days a week in upper management at a corporation with my friends (some dating back to high school) and family. I myself am only one player/subscriber - others feel the same way I do I assure you - but what is my satisfaction worth to you? I played Blizzard's World of Warcraft for 5 years before coming to this game and brought over 20 people in to that game with me. Quick math will give a rough estimate that I was worth a little over $10,000 for the duration of my gaming with them. Who knows how many people those people collectively brought on but I can tell you that in the 3 months I've been playing I've brought back 2 people you had already lost and brought 3 other people to subscribe. As a business man, I cannot in good conscious continue to justify to myself the time, more so than the money, that I invest in your game while not knowing that my experience will not be compromised on any given night.. I do not suffer from the Irrational Escalation of Commitment and view each of my investments in Month-to-Month terms. This month, which is ending quite soon, I have yet to decide to continue to pay your for your services.

So I ask again: Why should I continue paying for your game?

MediumD
11.23.2012 , 10:47 PM | #2
So what's your problem with the game, per se?

Rimuranu
11.23.2012 , 10:58 PM | #3
My problem with the game, as simply stated as I can manage, is that I pay for a service that - scheduled maintenance aside - is not always available when I would like to use it. I have nothing against EA or Bioware in general.

It would be no different to me than walking to the sink and turning the facet and not having the water I pay for come out or coming home to find I had no power with no explanation and no tangible assurance it would not happen again.

MediumD
11.23.2012 , 11:06 PM | #4
When was the game not available for you?

SithLady
11.23.2012 , 11:08 PM | #5
Harbinger has gone down a few times in the last few days. do u read the forums, or just troll random people for fun?

Bioware/EA needs to think seriously about comp'ing folks for all the down time.
Sorcerer / Knowami / Scarlett'Umbra

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda