Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who feels that there needs to be more severs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who feels that there needs to be more severs

Tenceriker
11.23.2012 , 10:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Re-Roll to Master Dar Nala.

It will never ever be full or heavy. Hell, it is a sight to see it even standard. Light 99.99999999999999999% of the time.

However, ignored.
Yes OP, re-roll here where you too can watch the dust droids scurry by while players continue to not exist.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

LegendaryBlade
11.23.2012 , 11:23 PM | #22
Only one, maybe two of the servers even reach heavy. This would probably happen regardless of the server count, all MMOs have one server which is generally the most populated. Happens from people bringing people in and insisting they play on their servers, or newbies asking which server has the highest POP.

Adding more servers would only thin out the already wavering population.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
Yes OP, re-roll here where you too can watch the dust droids scurry by while players continue to not exist.
You don't get to complain until you play on Jung Ma. It takes me one to two hours to find a group, easy. And I only say that little because usually after that point I give up and just go soloing.

Vandicus
11.23.2012 , 11:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
Only one, maybe two of the servers even reach heavy. This would probably happen regardless of the server count, all MMOs have one server which is generally the most populated. Happens from people bringing people in and insisting they play on their servers, or newbies asking which server has the highest POP.

Adding more servers would only thin out the already wavering population.
Actually most of the US servers and all of the European servers have reached or exceeded heavy every day since f2p. The population is high enough that the game would be alright for the time being if there were a few more servers, but its true we don't really have an idea of what the long term post f2p stable numbers are so it would be a bit premature to open a new server until a couple more weeks.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Feztonio
11.24.2012 , 12:02 AM | #24
they tried that more server thing. i cannot stress enough how miserable it was trying to fill an 8 main ops group when there were only 5 people on the entire server. the current population of the game only supports a half dozen servers or so. it is what it is for good or ill
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Liquidacid
11.24.2012 , 12:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post

Did you not learn last time?
do they ever?
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Arkerus
11.24.2012 , 12:56 AM | #26
No. No. Nooooooo.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Anti_Bodies
11.24.2012 , 12:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Saintrahl View Post
The severs are unstable because of the fact that they are to full and i feel that there should be more severs to lighten the load a bit.
To quote Darth Vader in Episode 3: NoOooOoOOoOooooooo

To quote Darth Vader in Episode 6: NOOO!

My point: Before the server merges this game was lifeless/empty/barren/whatever u want to call it. If they undo server merges in any way/shape/form this game will die faster then a youngling in Order 66.

NoFishing
11.24.2012 , 01:11 AM | #28
The severs are unstable because of the fact that they are to full and i feel that there should be more severs to lighten the load a bit.
You/we don't know that the servers are unstable due to the population. Harbinger's issue could be a bad ram cell, a flaky IO device, insufficient cooling, or the lack of a failover backup system. Trying to propose solutions to problems without knowing the real cause is silly.

Lalainnia
11.24.2012 , 01:14 AM | #29
Nty
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

GalacticKegger
11.24.2012 , 02:46 AM | #30
At least it was back up and smooth inside of 20 minutes. Didn't take long for the usual multiple instances on the planets and the 3 - 4 instances in fleet to fill back up either. If this was Blizzard we'd have been waiting until tomorrow night to log in. Nice problem for a "dying" game to have.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu