Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who feels that there needs to be more severs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who feels that there needs to be more severs

MaximusRex
11.23.2012 , 09:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Saintrahl View Post
The severs are unstable because of the fact that they are to full and i feel that there should be more severs to lighten the load a bit.
How do you know why the servers are unstable? Oh right, you don't.

I'd rather they fix up issues with the servers then open more to have to consolidate them back later.

Rayla_Felana
11.23.2012 , 09:22 PM | #12
but now the player base is more stable so it is a little safer to say that adding 2 or 3 more sever would be ok
If there is anything they need to do regarding the servers, it would be fixing the populations on the APAC severs, I'm not even from there either, I'm from the UK.

L_Starbreeze
11.23.2012 , 09:23 PM | #13
Increase in server population cap? maybe?

Andryah
11.23.2012 , 09:24 PM | #14
NO NO NO.

They fell for that trap at launch. Never again.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

UCKFred
11.23.2012 , 09:25 PM | #15
Just wait a month and it'll be back to normal.

JimG
11.23.2012 , 09:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
NO NO NO.

They fell for that trap at launch. Never again.
LOL, exactly.

When they did the server merge, the population caps were raised too. There's always a rush of returning players when an update is released and it's a holiday weekend so people have a lot of free time. The population will start thinning out again in a week or two.

JonathanCP
11.23.2012 , 09:40 PM | #17
In the end, when people look back at 2012 (the first few months of the game), and see dwindling subscription numbers during the winter of 2012, good analysts will come up with ONE MAJOR FACTOR that made the subscription number not satisfying. And it was:

TOO MANY SERVERS

Yes.
Too many servers at launch, and then new ones because people complained, and then AGAIN new ones....

And then months, and MONTHS of empty servers, of people crying for transfers (with reason) or merges...
And ALL (or most of) the energy of the dev's put into coming up with a merge technology when they tough none would be required. For weeks. (the same way lots of energy was "wasted"* in the conversion to F2P engine)

If I could point to a SINGLE moment where the game became immensely enjoyable for me, that would be when they did the first merges.

So, OP, no. Please, no.

*instead of making new content
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy

scullzomben
11.23.2012 , 09:51 PM | #18
i guess that is a good point but the fact that they are almost all heavy and or full at peak hours is a pain
Re-Roll to Master Dar Nala.

It will never ever be full or heavy. Hell, it is a sight to see it even standard. Light 99.99999999999999999% of the time.

However, ignored.

HelinCarnate
11.23.2012 , 09:55 PM | #19
No no no no no no no. Oh and no.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Tomb-Stone
11.23.2012 , 10:13 PM | #20
No new servers. We don't need to repeat mistakes.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...