Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So rant on F2P is mostly about some minor restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So rant on F2P is mostly about some minor restriction

Slowpokeking
11.23.2012 , 08:52 PM | #1
Action Bar, Mods, bank access, character slot.

I think it's ok to remove these because they won't make much money and only let people feel awful.

Give f2p 3 action bars, subs who returned as f2p 4.

Remove the mod limitation for subs who returned and new players who have at least 1 level 50.

Limited bank access for them.

Let subs who come back as f2p be able to access all of their characters, just not allow them to create new ones if they reach the limit already.

tingen
11.23.2012 , 08:57 PM | #2
Agree.

Vlacke
11.23.2012 , 09:01 PM | #3
I agree, some restrictions should be removed or modified.
Telcontar Legacy

Greyhamea
11.23.2012 , 09:12 PM | #4
I'd rather they just set the bar restrictions back to 4, like when the game came out. Let subscribers have access to them all and everyone else the option to buy two more if they want it.

There's a fine line between restrictions that leave the game playable but have enough that people want to buy more, and restrictions that are just frustrating to anyone playing the game. This game has far to many of the later.

Slowpokeking
11.23.2012 , 09:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhamea View Post
I'd rather they just set the bar restrictions back to 4, like when the game came out. Let subscribers have access to them all and everyone else the option to buy two more if they want it.

There's a fine line between restrictions that leave the game playable but have enough that people want to buy more, and restrictions that are just frustrating to anyone playing the game. This game has far to many of the later.
That's also good, I just think usually 3 bars are ok for most of the classes.

Idunhavaname
11.23.2012 , 10:09 PM | #6
Im a subscriber so I have no idea what all the restrictions are but I say it should be...

Quickbars: 2 for F2P. 3 For prefered.
Character Slots: 2 for F2P. 4 for prefered (purchasable from Cartel if you really want the money EA)
Field revival droid: Same for F2P. Remove it for prefered. This one still boggles my mind.
Flashpoints/Warzone/Space Missions: Same for F2P. Increase to 5 per week.
Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restricting this is just stupid.

Give experience boost to subscribers for additional incentives (added this because im getting lazy from leveling alts. Even with 25% experience boost)

I think this way will make prefered a viable way of enjoying 1-50 content withotu taking too much from subscribers.

RIP orange pixel

Slowpokeking
11.23.2012 , 10:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
Im a subscriber so I have no idea what all the restrictions are but I say it should be...

Character Slots: 2 for F2P. 4 for prefered (purchasable from Cartel if you really want the money EA)
Field revival droid: Same for F2P. Remove it for prefered. This one still boggles my mind.
Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restriction this is just stupid.

Give experience boost to subscribers for additional incentives (added this because im getting lazy from leveling alts. Even with 25% experience boost)

I think this way will make prefered a viable way of enjoying 1-50 content withotu taking too much from subscribers.
Yeah, remove the restriction of Hide Head Slot and field revival droid as well.

spectreclees
11.23.2012 , 10:27 PM | #8
The only restrictions that are bothering me is the UI restrictions. What does it matter if they have 6 bars? Hell, I don't even need 3. I only use 2, which is why I find this restriction very moot.

Tenceriker
11.23.2012 , 10:29 PM | #9

Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restricting this is just stupid.

I challenge you to play a Smuggler with just 2 quickslots. It needs to be 4 for F2P/Preferred with an additional 2 which are purchasable from the CC store if you want to buy it.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Vandicus
11.23.2012 , 10:30 PM | #10

They are intending to sell additional character slots(up to the current limit of 12, and perhaps more)
What's the big deal about the field revive droid? Most games don't have a self-field rez like that, and people are unlikely to die much while leveling anyways. Also, with so many people around its possible that someone will rez you, since unlike some other games it doesn't cost an item or something to do so.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!