Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

OSUclimber
12.22.2012 , 09:59 PM | #171
Here is my thought. If your running with guildies or just to get your coms skipping is th ebest way to do it becuase once you get full columni HM FP's (minus Lost Island) are pointless. If you PUG a flashpoint and there is someone who wants to watch the cutscenes and do every boss and you dont want to either suck it up and help someone out or just quit before you even start and say you just dont have time or something. My advice join a guild before 50 and you wont have this problem.

DMSL
12.23.2012 , 07:51 AM | #172
I am sick and tired of selfish people skipping bosses.

Was in a Battle for Ilum last evening and the tank and one of the melee didn't give a rat's *** the others wanted to kill the bosses, they skipped everything they could. We didn't kill any of the bosses apart from the last and the one right before.

Just completed a Lost Island and two of the players (me included) asked for a full run and the tank didn't respond. When i asked it again he told me i could leave if i wanted a full run! What a selfish bastard.

You might have uber gear but not everyone else has. If people are asking for a full run you should respect that and kill all bosses.

This is not only a problem of the community but also an oversight of Bioware. You should not be able to skip bosses in the first place...period.

bbates
12.23.2012 , 08:49 AM | #173
Personally now that you get a free full set of tionease gear and free PVP Relics and ear/implants the only thing you need out of a flashpoint is the last boss dropping columi.

I'll normally kill stuff for people though if they want it but someone asking to kill mobs to get a chest with some green 47 gear I'm not wasting my time.

But with the new free gear at 50 unless you have never done the fp you should be looking to just get gear from the last boss and move on.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

Twolightsabers
12.23.2012 , 01:12 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
I have even a better idea! Lets ask BioWare to give you a free set of Black Hole gear right here and now so you don't have to whine so much. "I want it all and I want it now" describes you so well, just as Queen sings.
I'm full DG on main, partial DG/full camp on one alt, full camp on 2nd alt and a few mods short on a 4th. I don't need welfare gear: I earned it along with many people back in the beginning. These runs are purely for comms for r/e purposes. Thus why myself and people like myself don't feel the need to sit through redundant instances for any longer than is necessary. But way to completely misread what I said. /clap for you.

It's also very amusing to see you talk about whining when you've posted way more on here. This whole thread is a QQ on how people who skip are ***** and not all of us are. Amazing how those like you who disagree are quick to insult and cry and call us names, but when we defend our positions we're whining. That's the curse of the MMO though: a generation of gamers who think the community owes them a living.

Zamppa
12.23.2012 , 01:22 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
Some nice story....
Such a cool story, bro! The thing is many people here and in some other threads concerning about the same things are saying the "run, skip, spacebar"-runs should disappear and many are suggesting to make killing all the bosses required to finish the FP. That would be a good idea as the bosses are there for a reason, even though some people are way passed the point of needing the drops.

I'm okey with skipping thrash but I can still remember too many runs when "something unexpected" has happened, for example someone has dropped from a cliff and the group needs to reset the endboss and run halfway back to the start to kill 1-2 groups of thrash to help the one who just respawned to get through...And then we just realize completing the FP just took 10-15 minutes more than it would have taken if we had killed all the bosses and most of the thrash.

Skipping ultimately leads into more unnecessary deaths and wipes than just killing those bosses and most of the thrash. I have seen this as I have been in the game from the early launch.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Twolightsabers
12.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Such a cool story, bro! The thing is many people here and in some other threads concerning about the same things are saying the "run, skip, spacebar"-runs should disappear and many are suggesting to make killing all the bosses required to finish the FP. That would be a good idea as the bosses are there for a reason, even though some people are way passed the point of needing the drops.
And your story is just as cool... Again, point is there's a large community of people who don't think they should disappear and said community aren't jerks just because some people don't get what they want. Do the full FP, skip most of it, idc; but when people QQ that others are a-holes because they don't agree, then it's an issue. As is suggesting that the game be altered to give one group their specific desire. Bottom line is if you pug, you get what you get. I don't want to do the whole thing for the 114th time, so I don't. If that pisses some people off, then that's unfortunate, but I don't start QQ threads about how people are "anti-social" because they don't agree, which is how this whole thing started. We can agree to disagree about how FPs should be run, but I strongly oppose fixing FPs to require mandatory all-boss kills.

Ergecrs
12.23.2012 , 03:20 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by OSUclimber View Post
Here is my thought. If your running with guildies or just to get your coms skipping is th ebest way to do it becuase once you get full columni HM FP's (minus Lost Island) are pointless. If you PUG a flashpoint and there is someone who wants to watch the cutscenes and do every boss and you dont want to either suck it up and help someone out or just quit before you even start and say you just dont have time or something. My advice join a guild before 50 and you wont have this problem.
See the great thing about rolling a healer as a main. When you ask people to space bar thru the cut scenes they usually do it. Personally if you want to watch the movies QUE FOR A NORMAL FP. But I flat out tell them if you do not space bar I will just leave.

Sorry those of us that have been around since launch or Beta have done these so many times. We would like our coms and be done. As to skipping bosses. If you ask nicely I have no problem helping kill something if the entire group agrees but first person who ask not to I join them and either quit or skip.

We dont need to make them mandatory. Keep them the way they are for those of us that do them just to help people getting crafting components.

DMSL
12.23.2012 , 05:03 PM | #178
Just finished another Battle of Ilum, skipped all bosses except for the 2 last ones, so sick of this ****.

If you need drops people should respect that and kill the bosses. I never had this ******** in WOW. Too many selfish players in the community here.

digdoug
12.23.2012 , 06:35 PM | #179
Implying any of the tionese drops are worth the 1s and 0s that they are made of now that every fresh 50 gets a full set of the stuff.

You people are comedy gold.

You want to kill that the extra crap in the HM FPs, tell Bioware to make it worth the effort. All that crap is now is odd colored vendor trash.

Sydexlic
12.23.2012 , 06:52 PM | #180
Here's how it is;

I don't like you, I don't want to like you, I will never like you. You're the "unwashed masses" to me. I want 1 thing and 1 thing only, to get my daily random fp 5 comms and **** there.

If I could always find 3 other willing guild mates to run it with, you would never see me in there, you'd be worse off for it too. I'm the guy who will carry you to certain victory, even though I'm a DPS. I'm the guy that could practically solo the place because I so far outgear the place I practically 2 shot anything in there and will often have more hitpoints than the tank.

You should be thankful I sometimes aren't able to get a full guild group to do this. You will sit back, you will enjoy the ride and you will be thankful for your easy 15 minute run and your guaranteed end boss loot and comms and most importantly, you will not ***** about it.