Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 12:19 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
As a DPS you will always be a passenger in the group.
I do not agree with you, not by a longshot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
Get your chance at columi gear at the end and be thankful for that and your daily BH com reward and put up.

I have columni/rakata/BH/WH geared characters but I am investigating this as a phenomenon. Please read some of my conclusions in this thread if you are interested, this is not something I write for myself.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

drgjed
12.09.2012 , 03:15 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic
As a DPS you will always be a passenger in the group.
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I do not agree with you, not by a longshot.
Actually for SWTOR Sydexlic is correct. FP's are pretty much a two person party with the other two slots fillable for what ever cc's/damage dealing meat heads you can find. And I say this with an Arsenal Merc main. You do not need a puller because you are not camping. There is no decidated buff/debuff class nor is there a decidated mez (cc) class as everyone has those abilities. Bascially all you need is a Tank to keep hate, a Healer to keep the tank alive and two other randoms that can spam attacks and/or cc's over on adds. Don't beleve me try playing EQ, FFXI, or even Rift somewhat and see what you need for a party makeup when running a raid or a dungeon.
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by drgjed View Post
Actually for SWTOR Sydexlic is correct. FP's are pretty much a two person party with the other two slots fillable for what ever cc's/damage dealing meat heads you can find.
A needed spot in a team is not a passenger. Try do a HM flashpoint with only a healer and a tank, with standard gear.

I would never call a needed spot a passenger.

Now ontopic on my original subject please
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

demotivator
12.09.2012 , 05:30 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I hate when people skip. There are a dozen reasons not to:

1.) Daily comms drop off most mini bosses and some main bosses. Right now, almost everyone can benifit from daily comms. The list of things to buy and why are just to many to list.

2.). Every boss drops at least tionese crystals. Off hand weapons are cheap, 14 comms and 20 crystals (I think) and sell for 12.5k. Most runs will net you enough to buy at least 2. That's 25k, more than you get for the daily it's self.

3.). All the trash loot that can be sold to boost your income. With alot of playerd complaining about being poor, I don't know why more people are maximizeing thier credits potential.

4.). BoEs that can be sold from bosses and trash loot. Not to mention chances on Columi implants and ear pieces that can be dropped. Could be sold or go to companions. I personally love to send them to alts. Help get them into flashpoints without being a leeching scrub in recruit gear.

5.). Legacy xp. I know, some people don't care. But some do.

You see, there are alot of reasons to do all the bosses and clear the content. Notice that those are all selfish reasons and helping people gear up wasn't even mentioned. The next time you want to be selfish, at least do it right. And o yeah, bio and scavaging can get mats in the runs that they can either sell or make crafted goods for use or resale.

My #1 reason to not skip: needless wipes thwt cost me credits. >
The "issue" is that at this point of the game, people are doing HM for the BH comms. The columi drop at the end is even not a goal anymore, it's just a bonus till you can get BH gear.

People need to accept that at this point, Columi (and Exotech) is nothing but an intermediary gear. Like it or not but most rewards are completely useless, a bunch of bosses still drop blue gear... Seriously, blue gear...

So once again, today the common denominator to run any HM is to get BH comms, if you don't like it get a guild and stay out of groupfinder.
Randomizing your forums.

drgjed
12.09.2012 , 05:54 PM | #135
A needed spot in a team is not a passenger. Try do a HM flashpoint with only a healer and a tank, with standard gear.

Did and done before is not that hard as long as those people know how to play their class. Sin Tank and Sorc Healer. Just about everyone in SWTOR has a CC. (No Mez class required) Everyone has a class buff and no class has a specific job of buff/debuff. (No Bard type class required) The whole game is linear with no sandbox elements so you are not camping a spot and bringing mobs to a party. (No pulling class required). I challenge you with this. Try doing any FP at the rated level with nothing but two DPS or even four DPS.^^

And I only brought it up beacause you did.
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

grallmate
12.09.2012 , 06:12 PM | #136

That spot is needed to make the queue pop through GF. It's not needed to clear the instance. Half of the content in HM FPs has been soloed and the other half has been 2 manned.

Now I personally don't mind fighting bosses we would normally skip, I DO mind doing Bonus bosses in a HM FP. Each boss only take a short amount of time, but activating a bonus boss means a lot of trash has to be fought. That said, there are some bosses that I would rather skip anyway, especially if they are prone to wiping a group like the "run through" boss on HM BoI.

Now the key offenders for boss skipping are BoI and T5, each only requiring you to fight 1 boss and a handful of trash. Compare a 12 minute run to the end with a 30-45 minute full clear and tell me which you'd rather do, given that most people are only getting BH comms and those that could use the gear are still able to get it in other FPs from non-skippable bosses. For example, Kaon, Esseles, D7 and MP all have plenty of non-skippable bosses for you to fight. Enjoy a quick run when you can and we'll do a proper clear when I have to.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 06:14 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
So once again, today the common denominator to run any HM is to get BH comms, if you don't like it get a guild and stay out of groupfinder.
That is not a nice thing to say, but you represent many of those I met when I investigated this.

It is sad that Biowares flashpoints has become nothing more then comm grinding farms. People used to enjoy killing bosses and had alot of fun, that is atleast how it used to be.

I stil enjoy the flashpoints though and I never ever only do them for comms, I do them because I think they are fun do to.
- Nikola Tesla

grallmate
12.09.2012 , 08:07 PM | #138
That is not a nice thing to say, but you represent many of those I met when I investigated this.

It is sad that Biowares flashpoints has become nothing more then comm grinding farms. People used to enjoy killing bosses and had alot of fun, that is atleast how it used to be.

I stil enjoy the flashpoints though and I never ever only do them for comms, I do them because I think they are fun do to.
As do I. When leveling I love running FPs. They give good gear, help you learn a toon and how it fits in a group. At 50 diong HMs most people have the gear, they know their toons and they know how the fit in a group. So you just speed run it for comms. Plus, everyone overgears them these days so it isn't a challenge, there is no sense of accomplishment like the first time you downed Bulwark pre-nerf, the first time you took out LR-5 and Lorrick or even the first time you took down Ironfist. Thanks to over gear (most of) these aren't scary anymore.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 03:43 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
It's so but it's WRONG!

i assume that people en masse always do the easiest way.
with recruit and soon-will-be-in-1.6 tionese armor for free - nobody will run HM Flashs for that stuff.
with BH commendations and BH and campaign gear to buy a few of people (especially overgeared) will not skip bonus goals and minor bosses
Anyone will be glad to have all the gear without even running Flashs or Ops, just with one click (see recruit stuff) - we are lazy and mean, you know.

But that players have such opportunity to skip content - it's a mistake and must be change.
If the content is made - everybody must run it in full and proper way. No skipping, no sidewalking, no cheats.
You pay to play not to skip!

It's a matter of bad design.
And of bad loot balance and gear levelling too, but it's another question and another discussion
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 03:47 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Thanks to over gear (most of) these aren't scary anymore.
why then skip-running them?
do what is still scarying you :-)
or do it proper way if you do run it for fun and not for gear!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!