Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

jesseleeca
11.24.2012 , 04:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I know you said your AMR profile isn't optimized yet, but since it's a guide it might behoove you to make an optimized profile so people know what they're aiming for (pardon the pun).
Good idea, going to put the optimized version in the wishlist section of AMR.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

SafeJungleFever
11.24.2012 , 05:43 PM | #12
Something that hasn't been talked about much is what to do when you hit cap from accuracy and surge. I'm now at cap for accuracy and above cap for surge. Something that hasn't been tested yet is whether we should start adding in a little alacrity at that point.

Trading out one of my surge enhancements for an alacrity one would drop my surge to just short of DR (74.5%) and add 2-3% of alacrity.

I'll sim it out soon.

Flying-Brian
11.24.2012 , 06:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jesseleeca View Post
Good idea, going to put the optimized version in the wishlist section of AMR.
You still have a few mistakes in your wish list build.

Commando 27 barrel in the mainhand needs to be changed to a reflex 27 barrel.
Nimble 27A mod in the bracer needs to be changed to the Nimble 27 mod.
Change the reflex stim from rakata to Exotech.

jesseleeca
11.24.2012 , 06:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post
Something that hasn't been talked about much is what to do when you hit cap from accuracy and surge. I'm now at cap for accuracy and above cap for surge. Something that hasn't been tested yet is whether we should start adding in a little alacrity at that point.

Trading out one of my surge enhancements for an alacrity one would drop my surge to just short of DR (74.5%) and add 2-3% of alacrity.

I'll sim it out soon.
I would say go for the power/surge ones just for the power (the extra surge doesn't hurt either), but without testing it I can't be sure. A thing to keep in mind when you add alacrity is how that affects your ammo regen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
You still have a few mistakes in your wish list build.

Commando 27 barrel in the mainhand needs to be changed to a reflex 27 barrel.
Nimble 27A mod in the bracer needs to be changed to the Nimble 27 mod.
Change the reflex stim from rakata to Exotech.
Good point on the barrel, thought BW would have optimized it so I didn't check.
As for the mod in the bracers, losing 16 aim for 31 crit is something I don't think i as clear cut, it's trading 3.8 bonus damage for ~1% crit chance, and since the set already gives 35% crit, I went for more aim.
As for the stim, bah, didn't think much of it but I've changed it to reflect bis (IMHO)+best buffed, but then I guess you could add in all the datacrons, which I will but that's not something I'll actually gonna do in game.

Flying-Brian
11.24.2012 , 07:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jesseleeca View Post
As for the mod in the bracers, losing 16 aim for 31 crit is something I don't think i as clear cut, it's trading 3.8 bonus damage for ~1% crit chance, and since the set already gives 35% crit, I went for more aim.
In my current build I just dropped from a 180 crit rating to a 170 crit rating.
On my last run in HM TFB & NiM EC I noticed a difference in the amount of crits I was getting on full auto. The 10 points in rating didn't seem like it was that much, but the 180 crit rating seems to be more of a sweet spot and I had better results with it.

I'm making the change in my build that I suggested in your wish list, in bringing the crit rating up to 176, to see if I have better results with it.

The current sim results from the merc side put the BiS crit rating higher, between the 214-258 crit rating.

ArchangelLBC
11.24.2012 , 08:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post

I'll sim it out soon.
I've thought about this. Sim it out and let me know but I would personally keep adding surge till more of a hardcap. I definitely wouldn't like being at 74.5%. Also too much and I think we start running into regen issues with ammo and it becomes somewhat counter productive.

Like I said though sim it out and let me know. I'd def be interested.

Quote:
As for the stim, bah, didn't think much of it but I've changed it to reflect bis (IMHO)+best buffed, but then I guess you could add in all the datacrons, which I will but that's not something I'll actually gonna do in game.
Imo it would definitely be worth it. If you're already that close then I'd say trade it out for an Agile Mod 27 and get way more bonus damage overall for the tradeoff.

I'm not enough of a min/maxer to get all the aim and cunning datacrons either, though there are days I feel I should be.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

jesseleeca
11.24.2012 , 09:52 PM | #17
OK, since everyone thinks its a better idea, I've switched out the mod in the bracers to the 27 one. Can't really test it until I get the gear so I'll have to wait to till I actually get the gear to do the dps parsing.
Also I've been looking around on the forums and also theorycrafting sites and the consensus seems to be that the Dreadguard proc relic+clicky is BiS, gonna try to change it but since AMR hasn't changed the relics to match BW's stealth change on live to relics, the power number's shown will be lower the the actual values. i.e. Clicky has +47 power and gives 350 power, proc does has +47 power 280 dmg.

MustangKing
11.25.2012 , 10:35 PM | #18
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-5f8e20a99308 This is my setup still missing a few armoring but for the most part i have what i want wondering if i could lose some crit and gain power but i like being balanced between the two

jesseleeca
11.25.2012 , 11:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MustangKing View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-5f8e20a99308 This is my setup still missing a few armoring but for the most part i have what i want wondering if i could lose some crit and gain power but i like being balanced between the two
I would say definitely drop some crit for power and also drop the War Hero relics, they aren't best in slot anymore.

PanzerJagdhund
11.28.2012 , 01:13 PM | #20
I personally do not like to use alacrity for Gunnery. Without it, ammo regen is perfect and should always remain above 55% ammo, with only having to use Hammer Shot about 3 times per rotation. When I tried alacrity, I found that I was using hammer shot more than what I would have liked.

I tend to stack power over crit. I keep my crit at 35% buffed, and can't complain about the numbers I put up.
<Redemption> (Republic) on The Shadowlands
Totenhelfen - Assault Mando Totenkrieger - Assault Vanguard
Focus/Vig Guardian - Sharpshooter Slinger - Scrapper Scoundrel
Proud Alpha tester of the Parsec Combat Parser for SWTOR