Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

Leira_Kheren's Avatar


Leira_Kheren
02.11.2013 , 08:23 AM | #91
the best guide i know around is this for BH: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

The % alacrity you need depended on your personal lag / internet delay. With 60ms your need the 4% alacrity to come to a 1.5 gcd. If you have a higher average delay ypour should use the 7% alacrity spec. The reason behind is your personal decision making. The smoothest rotation does flow with the normal 1.5 second gcd. Because every cooldown can be broken down into it.

e.g.: If your ride the 7% alac, have around 30ms custom lag, then every Tracer cast needs 1.395 cast + 0.03 = ~1.4. You gain specificly 0.1 seconds time. With 15s between each rail shot you use about 6 Tracer. This way you will still have half a second cooldown on your next rail.

This way you may wait anyway or will use someething like rapid shots, because waiting means zero dps.


TLR: Adjust your specific specc to the average lag you have ingame to get to a 1.5 s gcd. Your overall rotation will feels smoother with less situaitions of waiting fraction of second for specific abilities.


If you want to go further and deeper I suggest my simulation BH: Still beta, but only because I lack testers :P
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum....html#pid24930

ladwar's Avatar


ladwar
02.11.2013 , 02:41 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I'm confused as to why you don't have your DPS channel. We have our healers or tanks be the ones in the middle so that they can keep doing their job. We also deliberately fail the purple phase by taking time at the beginning to AoE the big adds, focus down the add you get for failing, and then finish the rest of phase 1. We've had a few times where this wasn't necessary though.
i think im focusing to much on one part but for this part that my group has found to work out the best is to have the dps grouped together and get the first two colors. we have the dps spilt north and south one for each color. the next two color groups are tank/healer tank/healer with the tanks channeling. we get the orbs before channeling on all but the yellow tank(he picks up the boss and aoe his orb down). we don't fail any color.

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
02.11.2013 , 11:24 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Leira_Kheren View Post
the best guide i know around is this for BH: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

The % alacrity you need depended on your personal lag / internet delay. With 60ms your need the 4% alacrity to come to a 1.5 gcd. If you have a higher average delay ypour should use the 7% alacrity spec. The reason behind is your personal decision making. The smoothest rotation does flow with the normal 1.5 second gcd. Because every cooldown can be broken down into it.

e.g.: If your ride the 7% alac, have around 30ms custom lag, then every Tracer cast needs 1.395 cast + 0.03 = ~1.4. You gain specificly 0.1 seconds time. With 15s between each rail shot you use about 6 Tracer. This way you will still have half a second cooldown on your next rail.

This way you may wait anyway or will use someething like rapid shots, because waiting means zero dps.


TLR: Adjust your specific specc to the average lag you have ingame to get to a 1.5 s gcd. Your overall rotation will feels smoother with less situaitions of waiting fraction of second for specific abilities.


If you want to go further and deeper I suggest my simulation BH: Still beta, but only because I lack testers :P
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum....html#pid24930
Being a bit nitty-picky here, but in the guy's guide he said he uses, the BH equivalent of Reserve Powercell for DR.....no, you save it for FA since it's much more ammo regen efficient that way.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
02.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by jesseleeca View Post
Being a bit nitty-picky here, but in the guy's guide he said he uses, the BH equivalent of Reserve Powercell for DR.....no, you save it for FA since it's much more ammo regen efficient that way.
actually, it doesn't matter at all which attack you use it on since they both cost 2 ammo

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
02.12.2013 , 09:39 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
actually, it doesn't matter at all which attack you use it on since they both cost 2 ammo
There is a small difference, FA takes 3 secs, DR in instant (+GCD) which means FA gives you more time to regen.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
02.14.2013 , 11:23 AM | #96
Added TFB to finish up raid guide, organized thread, and added dps section.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
02.21.2013 , 01:12 PM | #97
Going to test out the changes for 2.0 once I can get my commando transferred to PTS, it's bugging and failing my transfer attempts now. Once I try it out I'll start updating.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
03.25.2013 , 12:25 PM | #98
Started adding some impressions to the 2.0. Overall feeling +.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 11:17 AM | #99
It's gonna be an adjustment for sure, but not an insurmountable one. Plus now GR applies a full armor debuff for 45 seconds and gives full damage boost to DR with one cast. Not OMG amazing, but still, better than I expected.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

jesseleeca's Avatar


jesseleeca
04.08.2013 , 12:02 PM | #100
Updated with new info from official patch notes.
Will be adding more once the patch hits tomorrow.
Buff to DR. Long time since we've seen a buff to anything in gunnery.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer