Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thylbanus
02.06.2013 , 09:05 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
But you cant really minimize the game when you're in Full windowed mode though, whats the solution for that?.
Um... just prior to talking to Haken, switch to windowed mode?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

chuixupu
02.06.2013 , 05:06 PM | #82
I get this crash every time, however, I still always complete the flashpoint and get my rewards.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 01:18 AM | #83
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594611

For those with Nvidia cards,

Please advise if this does or does not stop the crashes.

To de-activate "Multi-Core Rendering" with NVidia:
1.Right-click on your desktop background
2.Select "NVidia settings"
3.Go in the "Manage 3D settings" option
4.Under the "Program Settings" tab then add swtor.exe if not already listed
5.Find the "Threaded optimization" option and turn it "OFF" to force it off.
6.Apply the modifications

Ecstatica
02.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #84
Ok, i just tried this and it does not work for me. What DID work was switching to windowed mode and dragging the window to a very small size. It deffinitely seems to be some sort of performance issue because right before the crash the frame rate drops rappidly. If the window is small enough it seems to be no problem for the client to render the jump to lightspeed. The strange thing is that just last week i did this with my jedi and it always worked. now im doing it with my trooper and it always crashes if i dont use that trick.

Ozdogg
02.10.2013 , 06:11 AM | #85
How has this not been fixed yet? Does Bioware/EA expect to retain new players when the only way to complete the introductory flashpoint is to go to the forums and look for a workaround. Their priorities are mind boggling.

Ecstatica
02.10.2013 , 07:05 AM | #86
It is a mystery to me as well.

wattyka
02.10.2013 , 09:14 AM | #87
Minimizing the window worked perfectly to get past the lightspeed animation. Thanks !

(ATI graphics here btw.)

DakotaDoc
02.14.2013 , 11:40 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Ozdogg View Post
How has this not been fixed yet? Does Bioware/EA expect to retain new players when the only way to complete the introductory flashpoint is to go to the forums and look for a workaround. Their priorities are mind boggling.
This is no longer classified as a bug. It has been around soooooo long it is now a feature. A game mechanic to overcome.

Chuffed
02.19.2013 , 05:52 PM | #89
It is nice that we have to rely on players to fix something that the developers should be working on. That said the work around does not work for me so I cannot complete Black Talon. This really is not good enough, how many months must people wait to be able to do in game content that they pay for?

I know you are all 'hard' at work but how about an update on this problem so that the people who pay your salary can know whats going on. 3 months is a tad long, but then again, if you are working 'hard' at getting the worst rating possible for developers/technicians then I would say job well done.
Kross - Continental Drift - Red Eclipse
(bounty hunter / powertech)

TheNahash
02.22.2013 , 04:08 PM | #90
I just wanted to thank kitno, bump the thread and ask a CS rep to add this error and kitno's workaround in the Known Issues thread.