Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Loot Option

TheBetty
11.22.2012 , 06:37 PM | #1
Hi,

I'm sure this has been brought up before. I would like to suggest a legacy loot option for flashpoints and operations along with the standard need and greed options.

Gear obtained through the need and greed option are still bind on pickup. However you get a thrid option called 'Legacy' allowing you to roll on gear to give to an alt character. Legacy will be at a lower priority than Need & Greed but it saves having to roll on gear, pull out the mods, apply to legacy gear and mailing it across.

Given this option you would probably find a lot more people running HM's and Ops so they can roll on gear for their alts.
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

seven_deadlies
11.22.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2
Or... come back with said Alt, and run the instance again?

No sense in adding game mechanics to allow your lvl 50 to twink your lvl 10

TheBetty
11.22.2012 , 07:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
Or... come back with said Alt, and run the instance again?

No sense in adding game mechanics to allow your lvl 50 to twink your lvl 10
That's ideal of course. However people are not really tolerant of fresh 50's in random HM runs. It's quite sad. I joined a random HM as dps. The tank was a fresh 50 so his HP was quite low. Healer took one look and left group. This is not a rare occurance unfortunately. With the Legacy Loot option it gives these fresh 50's a chance.

Fresh 50 alts that is
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

seven_deadlies
11.22.2012 , 09:21 PM | #4
No, what would happen is...

50s joining "Social" runs so everyone can fast forward the instance.

Then whenever something extra shiny drops, they "Legacy" for it.

And then, they hop on their brand new alt that's never set foot off the starter planet, but seems to miraculously sport epic quality purple and orange gear, and one shots everything it faces.

TyrKartelos
11.22.2012 , 11:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
No, what would happen is...

50s joining "Social" runs so everyone can fast forward the instance.

Then whenever something extra shiny drops, they "Legacy" for it.

And then, they hop on their brand new alt that's never set foot off the starter planet, but seems to miraculously sport epic quality purple and orange gear, and one shots everything it faces.
Doesnt the gear have a lvl 50 requirement to equip? Meaning...a lvl 10 would never be able to equip it....if I am wrong please let me know.

As for the OP I got yelled at alot when I first hit 50 and started doing FPs, "what are you doing here, you arent geared right" blah blah blah. I would not be against what you are suggesting, but then there would be no real reason to run FPs or OPs with your alts.

wainot-keel
11.23.2012 , 06:22 AM | #6
No. It's bad enough people still "need" stuff under the pretext "switching mods" (after months of farming the same instances), when in reality they're gearing up unplayed alts. Endorsing this from the game ?, no thanks.
Play your alt if you want.