Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

Kor-Wal's Avatar


Kor-Wal
11.23.2012 , 12:58 AM | #21
I gotta say i was a lil disappointed when i saw that they were givin away the CE item (the flare gun) to ppl that buy this pack... I mean there were only 2 special items for CE to begin with: the CE MiniMech Mouse Droid, and the Flare gun, and you had to give one away? I mean I agree it's not a big deal, spilt milk and all that, but i don't see why they had to go and give away one of the items when there were only 2 to start with.
D.P.S
-}ΆᵯΆgε.Per.ε☼ЛĐ-
ΞJedi KnightΞSentinelΞ

Guild HQRecruitment

LordSkyKnight's Avatar


LordSkyKnight
11.23.2012 , 12:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dejoule View Post
Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for.
I wonder how you feel about the CE being reprinted and reduced to 30 bucks 6 months into the game's life.

DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
11.23.2012 , 04:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Wait, they have released the STAP, the flare gun, the holo dancer, the camera and the black/yellow crystal on the cartel shop?
This is shocking news indeed!

oh... they havent?

oh, you mean that because people can buy stuff that is similar, they have somehow jibbed you out of the stuff you got for buying the CE pack?

well... thats just kinda selfish and egotistical isnt it?
They added it to the DDE
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
11.23.2012 , 04:40 AM | #24
CE owners did get something tangible. That was not only the non-digital authentication device but also the nice Gentle Giant Statue of Darth Malgus of which the value of real life money goes up on it over time. Then of course there are the other tangible items that came with it.

I did not feel ripped off at all. A matter of fact, CE owners realistically paid less then regular game owners did. The statue alone holds the value of every dollar we paid up front.

* I will agree that they should update the CE vendor's items. They stated they would be doing this anyway.

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
11.23.2012 , 04:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSkyKnight View Post
I wonder how you feel about the CE being reprinted and reduced to 30 bucks 6 months into the game's life.
I felt it was a killer deal considering the swag inside the box. I picked up another 3 as soon as the price dropped. After market prices on that statue will bring in far more then the $30 each box I picked up.

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
11.23.2012 , 04:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...
The value of the statue and anything inside the box was nil since you can buy it for 30 bucks. I actually did buy it, in part, for the statue. It is piss poor quality. If it was good quality then I would be happy but its not. No better then a typical 10 dollar action figure.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
11.23.2012 , 04:53 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
The value of the statue and anything inside the box was nil since you can buy it for 30 bucks. I actually did buy it, in part, for the statue. It is piss poor quality. If it was good quality then I would be happy but its not. No better then a typical 10 dollar action figure.
I would have to disagree with the observation of the statue construction. Gentle Giant has never been known to make products that were poorly done. Of course, there is always a first time but I think it is up there in standards with everything else they make. $30 price someone is able to buy it at is due to the amount made which is the worst part of the statue itself. It should have been far more limited and kept to the standards that GG has with their products. It will go up over time like their other products. Will it fetch top dollar like Snow Bunny Padame? I highly doubt it will even see half that value. But it will still increase.

Just my opinion as you shared yours.

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
11.23.2012 , 04:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
CE owners did get something tangible. That was not only the non-digital authentication device but also the nice Gentle Giant Statue of Darth Malgus of which the value of real life money goes up on it over time. Then of course there are the other tangible items that came with it.

I did not feel ripped off at all. A matter of fact, CE owners realistically paid less then regular game owners did. The statue alone holds the value of every dollar we paid up front.

* I will agree that they should update the CE vendor's items. They stated they would be doing this anyway.
The statue is poor quality and worth nothing. No the value is not going up. If anything it went down as soon as the CE were being sold for 30 bucks.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
11.23.2012 , 04:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
I would have to disagree with the observation of the statue construction. Gentle Giant has never been known to make products that were poorly done. Of course, there is always a first time but I think it is up there in standards with everything else they make. $30 price someone is able to buy it at is due to the amount made which is the worst part of the statue itself. It should have been far more limited and kept to the standards that GG has with their products. It will go up over time like their other products. Will it fetch top dollar like Snow Bunny Padame? I highly doubt it will even see half that value. But it will still increase.

Just my opinion as you shared yours.
I could personally care less what its worth. I didnt buy it because I want to sell it some day. I bought it because I collect stuff like that. Believe me, I dont care what the name brand is, its low end poor quality. Go take a look at a real figure by them and take a close look at the one in the box. There is no comparison. Thats why the real ones sell for 300 to 1500 bucks. This thing is a 10 dollar piece of crap. If it wasnt the box wouldnt sell for 30 bucks, no matter how you cut it. Either way, its crap.

For the record, I respect your opinion but if this was your answer then you obviously havent seen one up close or held one.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Glower's Avatar


Glower
11.23.2012 , 05:00 AM | #30
LOL, im a CE buyer too... but get over it, cuz now (~ after 1.3) this is a completely different game from different developers.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)