Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

Kleryk's Avatar


Kleryk
11.22.2012 , 09:10 PM | #11
1 - Don't whine like a spoiled brat. You've spent five dollars. FIVE DOLLARS. And you demand priviledges like you paid 100.
2 - While buying DDE shouldn't entitle you to the role of a VIP, the CE buyers pretty much deserve it. I don't know if it's disregard or envy that makes you say such things, but remember that most of those CE buyers are, in fact, players, who decided to invest additional money by pre-ordering a more expensive version of the game to support BioWare. Of course, the Malgus statue is awesome and Gnost Dural's diary gives some fine insight into the fluff, but if $5 can give you everything else(aside from the vacuum robot), then you should at least be treated as a better customer.

Don't you try to school me on the fact that all customers are equal. They aren't. There are those, who would freeze their account and unfreeze it only to do the ops just to freeze it again for a week to preserve their subscription. And there are those, who bought CE and probably buy cartel coins. The content you get does not cover the price you pay for it. You are a better customer, because you put more money into developers' pocket. And you should be recognized for it. Why not give some more priviledges to them?

You will probably call me a selfish bastard with oversized ego, since I am one of those, but you can't deny that I am at least partially right and reasonable. Hell, even BioWare said before the launch, that they like the ones who pre-ordered the game earlier more, because they decided to give them the money long before the launch, entrusting the studio and boosting it's budget. Why is it something bad? And they were rewarded with earlier early access. It was super cool of BioWare to treat their better customers.. better. They deserved it. And I see no reason people like me, who support the game more than others should not get additional priviledges like more cool items in CE shop or some discount/bonuses at the Cartel Market.

So yeah, I kinda feel wronged by BioWare as a pre-ordered CE owner, because despite the very nice CC boost, they gave me nothing more for that. It's been a year and no single update for either the VIP or CE shop. But not really as angry as the poster. My discontent seems to be rather reasonable to me.
At least I have chicken.

timmm's Avatar


timmm
11.22.2012 , 09:38 PM | #12
I would just like to point out that the five items that come with the "Digital Upgrade Pack" are the items that came with both the Digital Deluxe Edition as well as the Collectors Edition. The "CCE Mouse Droid" which was the the Collector's Edition Exclusive item is not included. This upgrade also does not appear to offer access to the in game Collector's Edition Store. I would say its was essentially an upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition Rather then to the Collectors Edition.

I bought the Collectors Edition and I do believe items that were advertised as exclusive to the Collectors Edition Should remain so; but I do not think that letting someone who purchased the Standard Edition upgrade to the Digital Edition; or allowing a new player to purchase the Digital Edition is in anyway unfair to anyone.

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
11.22.2012 , 09:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthian View Post
I have ce and dont feel ripped off either. Ive gotten what I payed for. Heck they even bothered to make higher lvl versions of the pre-order crystals, which I couldnt care less about if they offer an alternative way to optain them.
Wish they would make the top end pre order crystals level 10 like the pink purple ones and cost about 1-5k then at least it would be worth while to use them Lol!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Friend Referral Click This Link for Free Bundle Pack Plus other Perks!!!

HisShadowX's Avatar


HisShadowX
11.22.2012 , 09:44 PM | #14
I am a CE Owner and I bought it because they advertised they would constantly change the store and give us some amazing stuff...never happened.

DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
11.22.2012 , 10:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HisShadowX View Post
I am a CE Owner and I bought it because they advertised they would constantly change the store and give us some amazing stuff...never happened.
This is my issue. They said CE exclusives and yes we want some exclusive to us. We spend 3x the amount that other spend on this game for a good reason. This isnt entitlement, this is purely saying "We were promised exclusive ingame items and a CE shop. We dont have exclusive items nor anything worthwhile in the shop"

Stop thinking everything CE owners say is entitlement, we want what we bought which is exclusivity. If some CE owners dont mind it that fine. That doesnt mean all CE owners are happy
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

davidpop's Avatar


davidpop
11.22.2012 , 11:07 PM | #16
I dont feel ripped off either, i read what i was going to get buying the digital ce, bought it and got what i was promised, what is there to feel ripped off about?

bahdasz's Avatar


bahdasz
11.23.2012 , 12:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dejoule View Post
Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.
I dare say, I think it's the second one.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.23.2012 , 12:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthian View Post
I have ce and dont feel ripped off either. Ive gotten what I payed for. Heck they even bothered to make higher lvl versions of the pre-order crystals, which I couldnt care less about if they offer an alternative way to optain them.
/Signed
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
11.23.2012 , 12:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by pifias View Post
Im a CE buyer. I bought the CE not just for the digital in game items, but they were "Exclusive" items for those of us who either bought the CE or Digital Deluxe. Now with the Cartel Market everyone can get the same items, except the worthless VIP band?? and for 5$?? Why???

Give us something tangible other than just 1000 cartel coins (worse for the Digital Deluxe buyers who didn't even get 100cc). Update the VIP lounge with something!!

How hard can it be to give us just to name a few:
  1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing
  4. Extra rested bonus for logging off your toon on that area
  5. Make it so you can duel?? VIP arena!

I'm VIP. There are thousands of VIPs outthere who want something like that and most of us have been subscribers from day one and we are not getting anything in return but useless stuff. I paid to become a VIP. I paid to have my supposedly "Exclusive" STAP and the other worthless items.

Give me something that I can feel good about the money I spent and keep spending to be a subscriber and VIP. And make the area mean something more other than just going up and down on the elevator.

Make it happen in patch 1.6 and please dont give us a colored candy cane crystal. See, I just gave you a terrible idea that youll probably give away on christmas.

Please VIPers bump this thread!!!
Wait, they have released the STAP, the flare gun, the holo dancer, the camera and the black/yellow crystal on the cartel shop?
This is shocking news indeed!

oh... they havent?

oh, you mean that because people can buy stuff that is similar, they have somehow jibbed you out of the stuff you got for buying the CE pack?

well... thats just kinda selfish and egotistical isnt it?

Bennis's Avatar


Bennis
11.23.2012 , 12:55 AM | #20
Just going to put it out there, all my toons have the imperial trooper armour. That alone is worth it, it looks rad!
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.