Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

pifias
11.22.2012 , 05:34 PM | #1
Im a CE buyer. I bought the CE not just for the digital in game items, but they were "Exclusive" items for those of us who either bought the CE or Digital Deluxe. Now with the Cartel Market everyone can get the same items, except the worthless VIP band?? and for 5$?? Why???

Give us something tangible other than just 1000 cartel coins (worse for the Digital Deluxe buyers who didn't even get 100cc). Update the VIP lounge with something!!

How hard can it be to give us just to name a few:
  1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing
  4. Extra rested bonus for logging off your toon on that area
  5. Make it so you can duel?? VIP arena!

I'm VIP. There are thousands of VIPs outthere who want something like that and most of us have been subscribers from day one and we are not getting anything in return but useless stuff. I paid to become a VIP. I paid to have my supposedly "Exclusive" STAP and the other worthless items.

Give me something that I can feel good about the money I spent and keep spending to be a subscriber and VIP. And make the area mean something more other than just going up and down on the elevator.

Make it happen in patch 1.6 and please dont give us a colored candy cane crystal. See, I just gave you a terrible idea that youll probably give away on christmas.

Please VIPers bump this thread!!!

Dejoule
11.22.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for. I don't feel the need to be elitist over the other players in the game. Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.

Nothing about purchasing the CE makes any of us very important. I honestly feel the worse thing the devs did was to name that stupid part of the fleet the VIP lounge. So many inflated egos and elitist bs has arisen from something that was supposed to be a fun and temporary distraction.
To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.
Explorer: 73% | Killer: 47% | Socializer: 40% | Achiever: 40%
Officer of Dark Fury. An Imperial Guild focusing on Operations and PVP on Jedi Covenant.

LordArtemis
11.22.2012 , 06:14 PM | #3
I wouldn't necessarily be against those that purchased the CE to get a bit extra, and those that preodered should get a halo IMO.

I had trouble justifying a 15.00 for the game two months or so ago, before F2P was announced. I wasn't even sure the game was worth another penny until I got a chance to try out F2P on the PTS.

I can only imagine how slighted folks are that paid all that money so long ago.

Athena-Nike
11.22.2012 , 07:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dejoule View Post
Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for. I don't feel the need to be elitist over the other players in the game. Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.

Nothing about purchasing the CE makes any of us very important. I honestly feel the worse thing the devs did was to name that stupid part of the fleet the VIP lounge. So many inflated egos and elitist bs has arisen from something that was supposed to be a fun and temporary distraction.
There is a VIP lounge in the fleet for people that bought the CE or DDL (dunno which since i have neither)

Panthian
11.22.2012 , 07:50 PM | #5
I have ce and dont feel ripped off either. Ive gotten what I payed for. Heck they even bothered to make higher lvl versions of the pre-order crystals, which I couldnt care less about if they offer an alternative way to optain them.

Mazikeen
11.22.2012 , 08:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by pifias View Post
Im a CE buyer. I bought the CE not just for the digital in game items, but they were "Exclusive" items for those of us who either bought the CE or Digital Deluxe. Now with the Cartel Market everyone can get the same items, except the worthless VIP band?? and for 5$?? Why???
Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

xDanninx
11.22.2012 , 08:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...
The digi deluxe people didn't they instead got a whopping 250cc and yup thats it.

LtGeneralGezlin
11.22.2012 , 08:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pifias View Post

Give us something tangible other than just 1000 cartel coins (worse for the Digital Deluxe buyers who didn't even get 100cc). Update the VIP lounge with something!!

How hard can it be to give us just to name a few:
  1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing
  4. Extra rested bonus for logging off your toon on that area
  5. Make it so you can duel?? VIP arena!

I'm VIP. There are thousands of VIPs outthere who want something like that and most of us have been subscribers from day one and we are not getting anything in return but useless stuff. I paid to become a VIP. I paid to have my supposedly "Exclusive" STAP and the other worthless items.

Give me something that I can feel good about the money I spent and keep spending to be a subscriber and VIP. And make the area mean something more other than just going up and down on the elevator.

Make it happen in patch 1.6 and please dont give us a colored candy cane crystal. See, I just gave you a terrible idea that youll probably give away on christmas.

Please VIPers bump this thread!!!
And this right here, is why people think those who own the CE are snobs.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Panthian
11.22.2012 , 08:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
And this right here, is why people think those who own the CE are snobs.
Dont forget they listed clearly what was included in CE and the so called "exclusive" STAP mount has been part of the DELUXE package since the 1st day you could pre-order and still is.

Panthian
11.22.2012 , 08:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xDanninx View Post
The digi deluxe people didn't they instead got a whopping 250cc and yup thats it.
False, the deluxe package people where given, a holocam, STAP mount, flare gun, holo dance and training droid.

They gave 250cc extra to the people who bought the deluxe version prior to F2P convertion.