Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like no refund for EA/BIOWARE speeder unlock issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Looks like no refund for EA/BIOWARE speeder unlock issue

SimonJ
11.22.2012 , 04:11 PM | #1
I put in a ingame ticket saying I would not have bought the unlock for speeder piloting if I knew it wasn't server unlocked as I expected it to be unlocked across all my character due to legacy this is before EA has the laucher warning stating it was a miss wording on their end well according to customer service ingame is basically say well bad luck my fault no refund as they all ready have my money.

No wonder they lost soo many subscribtions if this is EA's attitude

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2
Put in another ticket. Point out you bought it before the message went up, and it's their mistake, not yours.
Keep putting in tickets as they close until it gets rectified, or you decide to stop paying for shoddy customer service.

(Currently in exactly the same situation)
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Ognajd
11.22.2012 , 04:41 PM | #3
Yeah this should've been greyed out or locked. I'm not surprised by their lack of response on the issue. Bought my speeder piloting one on the 16th, on a 40-something character with piloting two. Was refused a refund of cartel coins as well. Only became aware of the problem when I saw the forums and launcher warning. /golfclap

Changemelater
11.22.2012 , 05:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonJ View Post
I put in a ingame ticket saying I would not have bought the unlock for speeder piloting if I knew it wasn't server unlocked as I expected it to be unlocked across all my character due to legacy this is before EA has the laucher warning stating it was a miss wording on their end well according to customer service ingame is basically say well bad luck my fault no refund as they all ready have my money.

Contact your bank or credit card company and have them get the money back. Tell them services you paid legal tender for weren't provided, and the second they look into it, Bioware will magically pop up with a live CS agent on the phone trying to cover their ***.

SimonJ
11.22.2012 , 05:41 PM | #5
Cant really contact bank as used CC points from Bioware because authenicator as well as got CE and monthly subscriber.

SimonJ
11.22.2012 , 07:32 PM | #6
EA doesn't want to have customers and there is an ingame option for LIVE AGENT CHAT well guess what its always greyed out even thou I'm a subsriber.

GG EA Won't even fix there mistakes then blame customer GREAT SERVICE NOT

Ognajd
11.23.2012 , 04:32 AM | #7
Well you continue to support them with your subscription.

SimonJ
11.23.2012 , 09:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
Well looks like they lost $40 worth of credits I was going to buy from them

rmzeyzein
11.23.2012 , 10:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonJ View Post

I put in a ticket telling them they should honor the advertisement, prior to catching the error. It is only fair. But you are correct, they don't do refunds and they rarely address these types of "customer service" issues appropriately. Its the principle more than the money in my mind, when you are sold something as advertised, they should and must honor it. To do otherwise, shows you how they operate and do business. My friend also purchased the speeder unlock thinking it was for all characters and would not have done so otherwise. . . like the other person said, you can always contact your bank or credit card company and dispute the charge - service/products not delivered as advertised and you can also file a complaint with your state consumer division. Seems a bit drastic, but those options are available. Often when a company received a letter from a government office stating a complaint was filed, they often change their ways because they don't want a bad rap.
Rmzey Zein Company - Dreamgate Design & Multimedia - RZC 1

rmzeyzein
11.23.2012 , 10:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
Many of us continue to support with our subscriptions as we are understanding that some things take time to sort out and mainly, there are many aspects of the game that we all enjoy. Unfortunately, this type of business relationship doesn't have much longevity, when problems continue to present. BW/EA will lose business, and have already - the point is, they could have MORE business and people would SPEND MORE, if they felt secure in doing so, and felt that they could rely upon the game management to support fair and proper business. Game probably won't go under, people will continue to play SWTOR, but if they did things better, it would do nothing but promote the game. It is little things like this, that lead to huge lawsuits down the road.
Rmzey Zein Company - Dreamgate Design & Multimedia - RZC 1