Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invisible orange-quality items

CainCypherus
11.22.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I would like to suggest a full set of invisible orange adaptive armour. I'm sick and tired of having one kind of great looking set of armour and then having to slap on a pair of ugly braces or belts, just to make it a little combat effective.

I would suggest 500 Cartel Coins for the full set, no mods and no limitations. NOT (There is not enough space in the universe to underline this enough) as random drops from your gambeling boxes!!

Update to idea: Orange set of invisible adaptive armor OR the ability to hide Waist, Wrist, Hands and as always Head slots. Perhaps selling each slot for 125 Cartel Coins for a single Character and 500 for an account wide unlock.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry, and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Belacose
11.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #2
I couldn't agree with your idea more.

seven_deadlies
11.22.2012 , 04:35 PM | #3
1) There's a little button you can click, that will make all your gear color coordinate with your chestpiece.

2) You can buy any number of Orange quality belts, bracers, etc from Social vendors and such.

3) How would a full set of invisible gear be a good thing? Then everyone would be running around in their underwear.

CainCypherus
11.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
1) There's a little button you can click, that will make all your gear color coordinate with your chestpiece.

2) You can buy any number of Orange quality belts, bracers, etc from Social vendors and such.

3) How would a full set of invisible gear be a good thing? Then everyone would be running around in their underwear.
1. Sure, but if you take the Elegant Longwear for example, it would be nice to have the option to only show just that outfit, without either restricting yourself or having to mix it up with a ugly pair of bracers and belt.

2. Not relevant. I'm asking for a Invisible Orange gear set. Not just an orange gear set.

3. While i can certainly see alot of fun being had in clearing TFB in a full OPs group only in their underwear, that was actually not the point. The point was to give us the oppertunity to hide a gear slot, if you don't want your bracers, belt or pants showing.

Ooh! Update to idea! Orange set of invisible adaptive armor OR the ability to hide Waist, Wrist, Hands and as always Head slots. Perhaps selling each slot for 125 Cartel Coins for a single Character and 500 for an account wide unlock. [Added to OP]
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry, and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

EcrirTwyLar
11.23.2012 , 03:40 PM | #5
The way to fix this is to have cosmetic (appearance) gear slots. If you don't like your current helm, you throw a helm you do like in your "cosmetic helm" slot. This would override the appearance of the helm you have equipped. I personally think it should only be same armor type though. Meaning you couldn't put light armor in your appearance slot if you have heavy armor in your regular slot.

Another good system is the one used in DC Universe. Each time you loot and equip a piece of gear, you then have that visual for that gear saved on that character and you can activate that visual anytime you want. If you combined that with Biowares current color system, it would be pretty cool.

xivaitu
09.05.2013 , 07:29 PM | #6
A google search for invisible adaptive armor brought this post up. So now I'm a necromancer that loves the idea of hiding my belt.

LtKettch
09.06.2013 , 11:18 AM | #7
The rest of this thread was written before all of the covert pieces had entered the market. I believe the leg and head slots are the only ones that don't have a covert piece, at this time.
Noblesse Oblige
NepheniCommando | Civiars'huSage | VaulkeGuardian
BrunetVanguard | DoubloonsScoundrel | GlyciniaSentinel

Sidiars'huOperative | Mir'ta'GevPowertech | ToridAssassin
ShinonSniper | HordaqMarauder