Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rate the TOP 5 AAA MMORPG's

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 03:46 PM | #21
1. WoW
2. SWTOR

Only MMOs I've played for any significant amount of time.

Nemmar
11.22.2012 , 05:05 PM | #22
1.SWTOR
2.Guild Wars 1
3.TERA
4.WoW
5. Cant think of one.

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 05:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Blarpped View Post
1. FFXI

Big huge gap between these.

2. WoW
3. The Secret World

/rant
TSW doesn't get nearly enough credit. They do something at least somewhat different for parts of the game. They actually add player driven content and have monthly content updates. Yet people won't even look at the game. So frustrating after seeing so many jaded bittervet MMO'ers complain about innovation and wanting something different.

4. Rift
5. SWTOR
That's because people just like to *****. They don't actually want innovation, or something different.

LegendaryBlade
11.22.2012 , 05:29 PM | #24
1. Final Fantasy XI
2. Old Eve Online (Before it became Capital Ships Online)
3. Star Trek Online
4. Secret World
5. Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn ... Hopefully (please don't suck)

8. SWTOR

Darth_Bond
11.22.2012 , 05:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
1. Final Fantasy XI
2. Old Eve Online (Before it became Capital Ships Online)
3. Star Trek Online
4. Secret World
5. Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn ... Hopefully (please don't suck)

8. SWTOR

Really? Star trek online?

its pure garbage, i tried it, enjoyed it, but the exploration missions were pure garbage, only reason i stopped playing, unless your telling me that and the game changed drastically over the past...i dunno 2 years? i wont be coming back anytime soon
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

LegendaryBlade
11.22.2012 , 05:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Bond View Post
Really? Star trek online?

its pure garbage, i tried it, enjoyed it, but the exploration missions were pure garbage, only reason i stopped playing, unless your telling me that and the game changed drastically over the past...i dunno 2 years? i wont be coming back anytime soon
Except it has. The game failed so dramatically at launch due to lack of content so...they added a ******** of content. If you enjoyed the gameplay itself, you owe it to yourself to check it out. It's also completely free to play now, the cash shop is mostly for cosmetic or convenience items, which a few ships and bridge crew races in there for good measure. They also add new story content every few months in the form of "Episodes" which are now fully voice acted. Only issue it still has is Diplomacy missions give way to little exp.

STO is a good example of how to heal a failed MMO. Player made missions also make it -amazing-.

(Also, "It's pure garbage, I enjoyed it except this one thing" seems kind of...contradicting)

aeterno
11.22.2012 , 05:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
My only problem with your list is WoW and EQ. WoW is certaintly the most popular, and was a AAA MMO 8 years ago; however, its outdated graphics are no longer good enough to be considored AAA quality. EQ has a special place in my heart as I played it for many years. But, no longer can it be considored AAA.
I'd argue "production quality" is about much more than graphics. You can't argue with what blizz has done over the years. I've never subscribed to WoW personally but you just can't argue with the standard they established. Not putting it fist place is prolly doing it an injustice, not including it in the top 5 is just bonkers.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #28
1. The Secret World
2. Firefall (beta)
3. EvE
4. Planetside 2
5. Rift

Eillack
11.22.2012 , 05:57 PM | #29
I stopped when I saw STO on the OP's list haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

LegendaryBlade
11.22.2012 , 06:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I stopped when I saw STO on the OP's list haha.
I imagine so. Once you see STO in their top five you already know they have amazing taste.

10/10 would hang out with