Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

change hk 51 primary stat

theleach
11.22.2012 , 11:14 AM | #1
ok the new hk-51 droid primary stat is cunning yet the new droid parts in 1.5 are aim based. is bioware planning to change this at some time to aim? it would be very expensive to get the proper mods with the stats in them and the stats and id prefer not to use columni gear for the mods.
death will come to all jedi

Shingara
11.22.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2
HK has 2 primary stats, cunning and aim.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Heezdedjim
11.22.2012 , 11:21 AM | #3
He can use aim or cunning gear, but from what people say he has higher base cunning, which seems stupid if he's supposed to actually have two primary stats. So you can put aim gear on him, and he'll only be slightly gimped. I guess it was just too easy to type the same number in twice when they set his specs.

theleach
11.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
HK has 2 primary stats, cunning and aim.

yeah the problem is aim does not give any bonuses to tech attacks like cunning does . i realize hk can use aim but he seems to benefits from cunning more
death will come to all jedi

monkgryphon
11.22.2012 , 12:05 PM | #5
Can you make orange gear and slot in Cunning?

x_Boots_x
11.22.2012 , 12:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by theleach View Post
yeah the problem is aim does not give any bonuses to tech attacks like cunning does . i realize hk can use aim but he seems to benefits from cunning more
Primary stats have diminishing returns, so you'll benefit more from mixing up Aim and Cunning to keep below their diminishing return curves.
The Sith Code:
Peace is a lie. There is only... passion, Through passion, I gain... strength.
Through strength, I gain... power, Through power, I gain... victory.
Through victory... my chains are broken.

Polstar
11.22.2012 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by theleach View Post
On HK both aim and cunning affect tech exactly the same, one stat has no benefit over the other. Check the tool tips of the stats to see what abilities they boost.
Anything that happens, happens.
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes some thing else to happen.
Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.
It doesn't neccessarily do it in chonological order, though.

Runnamuker
11.23.2012 , 05:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by x_Boots_x View Post
Primary stats have diminishing returns, so you'll benefit more from mixing up Aim and Cunning to keep below their diminishing return curves.
So for a noob like myself, do you have a magic number before returns diminsh?

AsheraII
11.23.2012 , 06:28 AM | #9
Just try to keep them roughlly even.
His base cunning is a bit higher.
His gears are mostly aim.
Conclusion: give him weapons with cunning as primary statistic, and it'll probably crudely even out.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Heezdedjim
11.23.2012 , 06:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Runnamuker View Post
So for a noob like myself, do you have a magic number before returns diminsh?
Primary stat does not have "diminishing returns" at any value you can currently reach in game. The buff to damage is a flat, linear bonus at any value. The buff to crit % is linear or very nearly so all the way through 2,500.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...64-page-5.html

That thread has everything the MMO math droids have come up with on stats in SWTOR. The graphs at the bottom of page 5 show the primary stat as the dark blue line (w/r/t how it buffs crit). The first page has the damage formula based on primary stat.