Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

character transfer ...

Jerro
11.22.2012 , 11:08 AM | #1
old topic but...
we know that bioware have the Tech to do it, but why cant we get a paid character transfer. there is two options to pay now, or actually just one. but cartel coins and real cash wich whatever they prefer.

my guess why it havnt been implented yet is that bioware dont want to see mass transfers to one server, but with really low number of servers that shouldnt be to much of an issue?

it would be nice it be implented in the cartel shop tho. not to cheap maybe 600 cartel coins or so. so subscribers get a 'free' transfer every 3rd month.

was a bit dissapointed when it wasnt even mentioned in 1.6 patchnotes, i thought bioware would start to Think about it by now when free to play is done.

StaticSilence
11.22.2012 , 01:59 PM | #2
It'll happen. Patience. If there's profit to be made you can be certain EA will make bioware do it. I have my lvl50 trooper on an east server but I moved to the west coast. I rolled alts and am playing them as I wait.

Yes the transfer infrastructure is there already. They'll put it to use.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

TheNevet
11.23.2012 , 12:19 PM | #3
*** Bioware, we know you have the tech, we had transfers before the server merges. Why don't we have them now?
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

aaronbaron
11.23.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNevet View Post
*** Bioware, we know you have the tech, we had transfers before the server merges. Why don't we have them now?
Exactly. There's other concerns about transfers that they're not being forthright about, and the sacred server numbers are the obvious answer. It seems frustrations are mounting on the lack of details; it could really invigorate the player base by implementing it.

Janrek
11.23.2012 , 01:44 PM | #5
/signed

Lets make this happen!

crunchbarry
11.23.2012 , 05:06 PM | #6
I hope they don't offer this service. This is part of the reason why server community was destroyed in WoW.

Vandicus
11.23.2012 , 05:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNevet View Post

An automated system with payment methods factored in to transfer individual players is different from a system where people transfer you or a system like in the mega server test where they simply copied everyone en masse.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

denpic
11.23.2012 , 05:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
I hope they don't offer this service. This is part of the reason why server community was destroyed in WoW.
Yeah Trapping players on a server they don't like or wish to be on with the only option to reroll is a great way to build a community
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

Graydon
11.23.2012 , 05:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticSilence View Post
It'll happen. Patience.
Agreed! Bioware has been saying transfers are coming since April. My goodness that was little more than half a year ago.

I swear you kids want everything now! Patience they are coming soon.

And stop texting while driving.

Janrek
11.23.2012 , 06:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
Agreed! Bioware has been saying transfers are coming since April. My goodness that was little more than half a year ago.

I swear you kids want everything now! Patience they are coming soon.

And stop texting while driving.
I think 7-8 months is very patient. If they hadn't already implemented it beforehand and then took it away, I wouldn't be nearly as upset. Especially since we all are willing to pay for this service as well. TOR is the main method I get to "hang out" with my brother now and the fact that our main toons are on different servers kind of puts a hamper to thing ya know?