Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR needs Faction Change option.

CelCawdro
11.22.2012 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
The only way I could see them implementing this is doing it like WoW, no story involved. Just a faction switch, with a race and name change option and similar class switch. The Smuggler becomes the Operative, The Guardian becomes the Juggernaut. Ect. Anything more in depth than this type of system that already exists in 'that other game' likely would never happen. SWTOR devs aren't trailblazers, they are followers.

Also, asking that a story comes with this wouln't happen, IMO.
And story is a requisite in SW:TOR. That's what sets it apart. It's not going to abandon the one thing that makes it unique.

ObiJuanShenobi
11.22.2012 , 10:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
It is possible, however, to implement a questline that you can only do once you have finished the current story chapters and change how the stories work in the future. They have already said they are bouncing around ideas on how to make it happen.
That would be awesome, I just don't see it happening. SWTOR devs aren't innovators. Just followers trying to measure up to that other game one feature at a time.

I wish that wasn't the case though.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

ObiJuanShenobi
11.22.2012 , 11:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
And story is a requisite in SW:TOR. That's what sets it apart. It's not going to abandon the one thing that makes it unique.
Then I fear the faction change would never happen then. As I said, I can't see them implementing the time, money, and development for a storyline quest chain in support of a simple feature that only some would want.

It would either be a simple switch like WoW does or not at all.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Kendaric
11.22.2012 , 11:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
It is possible, however, to implement a questline that you can only do once you have finished the current story chapters and change how the stories work in the future. They have already said they are bouncing around ideas on how to make it happen.
Exactly. It could work similiar to the EQ2 betrayal quest, only that it wouldn't be repeatable.
My referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/VwNScj for free stuff including free server transfer & 7 days of subscription

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 11:02 AM | #25
That would be awesome, I just don't see it happening. SWTOR devs aren't innovators. Just followers trying to measure up to that other game one feature at a time.

I wish that wasn't the case though.
A few things have happend since their older statements though...

1. Most of the higher up people have been let go or left on their own accord. This puts lower people in higher positions that may have a different idea on how to run things. The lower end guy may have once said to the higher guy "we can do this". The higher guy may have said no thats not going to happen. Now the lower guy is the higher guy =)

2. F2P has come out with a cash shop. Anything they have said, in the past, is out the window. They have a new motivation to come up with many different ways of charging people extra.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 11:05 AM | #26
I will add... Imagine the possibilities with different story paths with doing something like this. There are just too many really creative things you can do. I wont get into my thoughts on it now as it would be a page long wall of text lol.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendaric View Post
Exactly. It could work similiar to the EQ2 betrayal quest, only that it wouldn't be repeatable.
This is exactly what I was thinking of... only in a creative ToR manner.

CelCawdro
11.22.2012 , 11:08 AM | #28
Then I fear the faction change would never happen then. As I said, I can't see them implementing the time, money, and development for a storyline quest chain in support of a simple feature that only some would want.

It would either be a simple switch like WoW does or not at all.
And the development team has been very overt about their stance on the issue - even recently. They'd never do the WoW switch, and they're not going to double the amount of class story going forward to accommodate defectors.

BadOrb
11.22.2012 , 11:09 AM | #29
Very long write up there about something they have said isn't easy to do , in fact it was at the cantina tour the other day. Good luck with getting your desires though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Alykia
11.22.2012 , 12:48 PM | #30
Moving this all to the Suggestion forums. Thankyou everyone for your comments!
Write the books you want to read, play the music you want to hear, do the work you want to see done.