Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being cheap is no excuse

CrashDDL
11.22.2012 , 07:05 AM | #1
I never spent my time posting on the forum but this time I could not resist.

I got this in an e-mail from BioWare:
"We wanted to let you know that some subscribers were accidentally given their next monthly Cartel Coin reward ahead of time. We have identified your account as one of the subscribers affected so you will see two Cartel Coin grants - one for this billing cycle and one for the next billing cycle - on your Cartel Coin ledger. What this means is that, upon your next billing cycle, you will not be receiving a new grant because you will have already received it as of today."

You dropped the ball again... Then you go ahead and point it out... Then you want to be cheap about it by saying please stay with us but we will NOT give you Cartel Coin next month... Cost you nothing... Worth almost nothing... But you will still be cheap about it... Pathetic... Own up to it and let it go or give some to others too... Its not like there is anything that special in the shop anyway...

Talk about taking cheap to a whole new level... Can't stand people in high paying positions trying to justify their pay-check!

Grayseven
11.22.2012 , 07:09 AM | #2
Dude, you got it early. You aren't losing anything so why are you whining about it? Instead of waiting a month for your next freebie you get to spend it now.

It's asinine to complain about getting your freebies early. They could have taken them back along with anything you purchased with them which would be much worse than what they did. And they at least told you what was going on.

You have no basis for complaint.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

phillynew
11.22.2012 , 07:11 AM | #3
So you got an advance on your "paycheck" and your complaining because they found out and didn't just give you more free money? Do you take the money out of the tip jar at local restaurants too?

Kakashioftheye
11.22.2012 , 07:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CrashDDL View Post
I never spent my time posting on the forum but this time I could not resist.

I got this in an e-mail from BioWare:
"We wanted to let you know that some subscribers were accidentally given their next monthly Cartel Coin reward ahead of time. We have identified your account as one of the subscribers affected so you will see two Cartel Coin grants - one for this billing cycle and one for the next billing cycle - on your Cartel Coin ledger. What this means is that, upon your next billing cycle, you will not be receiving a new grant because you will have already received it as of today."

You dropped the ball again... Then you go ahead and point it out... Then you want to be cheap about it by saying please stay with us but we will NOT give you Cartel Coin next month... Cost you nothing... Worth almost nothing... But you will still be cheap about it... Pathetic... Own up to it and let it go or give some to others too... Its not like there is anything that special in the shop anyway...

Talk about taking cheap to a whole new level... Can't stand people in high paying positions trying to justify their pay-check!
So you're complaining about getting your CC's early? Dude even if this is a troll attempt its pretty sad. Maybe you should quit the game, cause I know that if I were to experience a mistake that someone apologized for and affected me in no way negatively, that I would be buthurt too. You're probably a kid so you'll be hearing this a lot more I suspect, but "grow up"...

ElectricMethod
11.22.2012 , 07:41 AM | #5
I received that exact same email. Honestly I don't mind getting them early at all. It was nice of BioWare/EA to shoot out emails to all this happened to and let them know what occured. I am much more concerned about the missing Cartel Coins from my account.

I mean, BW/EA has had some pretty bad, hideous actually, customer service when it comes to this game, but sending out emails notifying people of a mistake made is actually decent customer service. They could have just not bothered and let us figure it out on our own next month.

CrashDDL
11.22.2012 , 07:43 AM | #6
"It's asinine to complain about getting your freebies early. They could have taken them back along with anything you purchased with them which would be much worse than what they did. And they at least told you what was going on."

They can't manage to copy characters to PTS automatically yet but I am sure they could have taking it back...
The point is not about advantage... after failing on so many levels with bugs present since the start, for once they made a sort of advantageous error... the way they act its just cheap... cost them 0 to nothing to give same CC to the other players... why not be generous???
Can't remember what game company had the download of games exploited and many people got so many games... they acted as it was them and said sorry but did not say give it back or next time you buy something from us we just take your money but won't give you the goods...

astrobearz
11.22.2012 , 07:53 AM | #7
well you did got your coins early. another mmo company that i frequently spend cash on had to do this exact same thing due to a error on their cash currency. it sux i know, but hey it could be worse.

Weaksauce
11.22.2012 , 08:09 AM | #8
Entitlement powers ACTIVATE

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 08:48 AM | #9
Ummm you already got the cartel allowance in advance by mistake. Why should they give you an extra allowance? Thats not being cheap, thats them informing you they made a mistake. It costs them potential profits is what it cost them.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

snowmon
11.22.2012 , 09:58 AM | #10
funny thing is, he prolly knew he had gotten extra and though haha bioware u noob, u gave me too many points! and thought they wouldnt notice.....personally i knew i got extra and was awaiting this email that i also got, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server