Full server bs

jerameyreed

It must be so terrible having a server with so many people you can't even join it. You should come to MDN, our server has plenty of room. In fact you can have entire planets to yourself while you wait for hours on end for a warzone or flashpoint.

Shouldn't subscribers and preferred people get priority?

Edit: Just checked server status. At most servers are at standard. What is this full server you speak of?

They do get priority. If its backlogged you will still go in a que. F2P will be at the end of the line and subscribers the beginning... if its working properly and not bugged of course. That doesnt mean they are going to boot people off the server though, that would be wrong.

They do get priority. If its backlogged you will still go in a que. F2P will be at the end of the line and subscribers the beginning... if its working properly and not bugged of course. That doesnt mean they are going to boot people off the server though, that would be wrong.

NO,

when a sub want to login and the server is full,

then system should kick off some F2P players to let the subber login,

that's the right thing.

NO,

that's the right thing.

No, if you want this game to get more money and stay profitable, thats the wrong thing. No F2P player would put up with that. Wether you like it or not, alot of those players will pay for stuff in the cash shop. Some of them will probably pay more then you.

Edit: Just checked server status. At most servers are at standard. What is this full server you speak of?

Not likely now any of the servers are full, but the English language servers in EU are full in the evenings. During the weekend I had to sit in the queue a couple times (to the Progenitor) even though I am a subscriber; however, the queues lasted both times maybe 10 seconds. A friend of mine told the situation on Red Eclipse was however worse during the weekend, but I have no first hand experience on that.

Edited by Swuulerian

Not likely now any of the servers are full, but the English language servers in EU are full in the evenings. During the weekend I had to sit in the queue a couple times (to the Progenitor) even though I am a subscriber; however, the queues lasted both times maybe 10 seconds. A friend of mine told the situation on Red Eclipse was however worse during the weekend, but I have no first hand experience on that.

I want to be supportive of SW:TOR, but they need to solve this contradictory problem.

They want more people on servers, but when they do get more people, you get latency, lag, population overload, etc.

Their aim is to get as many people playing as possible, but then they don't seem to "allow" it to happen.

A simple solution to prevent new players from overpopulating servers to the point of inconveniencing subscribers, is to enact a policy. Prevent new characters from being created on a server if it gets too full, regardless of server population at that time. So once you are approaching say 8000 characters on a server, stop new players from playing on it. Use your in-game data to determine how much is too much.

Edited by ConradLionhart

lol

people were complaining about not too much people being online

now it's too many people

as said before: damned if you do; damned if you don't

i guess some improvements in server hardware is a short term fix until the pop increases again

Just relax. It won't be long until the situation settles down.

The game just launched as F2P and we got lots of new players in as masses. After couple of more weeks many of them aren't playing the game anymore for their own reasons and then the server population settles down to normal levels again.

Maybe if you didn't open it up to freaking F2P players it wouldn't get so FULL. Kick off the F2P players if its full and leave the subscribers to enjoy what they PAID FOR!!!!!

So ... you would rather prefer the empty servers we have taste for so long??? im sure i dont, what they have to do is to work on their servers/network structure and fix the freaking lag spikes that makles the WHOLE SERVER freeze at same time for 2-3 sec periods.

New players are a bless, lag isnt, kicking players is not the solution, improving server hardware ... yep, sounds crazy, but looks like the way to go.

NO,

that's the right thing.

This is not good way to keep F2P people playing and when they leave, there will be not enough people to play with and ill be going too, again.

BTW, congratulations on MEGASERVER technology BW, buhahaha

Edited by Satanski

It is so nice to see all the new folks. Heroics are grouping all the time lot of business Love it.

Good time on the Progenitor. I have been in queue maybe 3 times longest lasted 45 seconds it is not a big deal.

I play on Red Eclipse and Progenitor and haven't hit a queue yet.

They show up as full but it lets me on. Although Red Eclipse did show a 10 minute wait time last weekend.

Better yet, TRE showed a 60 minute wait time last weekend. Know what? As a subscriber access was still instant.

All those people complaining about queues which shouldn't be placing them in a queue as a sub, as they paid and all, are just trolling. Some people simply live for trying to generate chaos. If I were BioWare, I'd permanently ban trash like that.