Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wouldn't it be cool if you could post bounties on people

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Wouldn't it be cool if you could post bounties on people

DarkSaberMaster
11.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
it would be cool, if the planets and gameplay had been designed for it.
qfe..
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

bahdasz
11.22.2012 , 11:08 AM | #22
NO. It's a grief-fest in the making. If you did something in actual voluntary PVP that earned you a bounty, and you were a PvPer and wanted to be hunted, fine, but absolutely no forced PvP for those that don't want it... ever.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.22.2012 , 11:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
Sounds too fun to be implemented.
LOL. Exactly what I thought too.

BlueArab
11.22.2012 , 11:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
how about just putting an automatic bounty on someone that killed you outside a warzone? i mean their PvP flag is on, and it'd stop people from continuously harassing others since the more they harass the bigger the bounty on their head.

killing someone as a group should also divide the bounty among group members (maybe a slight bonus on the one that landed the killing blow)
The problem with this, is that this discourages PvP, which is the opposite of its intent. If the person with the bounty on their head keep surviving and winning even match ups, they should be rewarded too. Maybe 'Bounty Commendations' instead of credits?

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 11:13 AM | #25
What if they add special things inside warzones. Like for BH, the system can calculate data and come up with the most wanted target and give the BH a bonus incentive for taking that target out. The system can judge this maybe on things like someone with a high kill count and low death count. Someone with high cap count or high heal amount or any number of factors. It can auto pop a "quest" to the BH while playing the warzone and if the BH does take that target out then maybe he gets extra medals or extra valor and credits or something.

It would only be fair to do things for other classes too. Maybe smugglers can be given a goal to actually sneak in and smuggle something out of the enemy base and return it to his own.

No idea what they could do for other classes though. Havent thought about it enough.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

RobbyBlazeheart
11.22.2012 , 11:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
NO. It's a grief-fest in the making. If you did something in actual voluntary PVP that earned you a bounty, and you were a PvPer and wanted to be hunted, fine, but absolutely no forced PvP for those that don't want it... ever.
I'm sorry but I have to stop you and every other person who ever complained about this " forced pvp"

1: back in SWG I was use the nge era but, my words still hold true in this point if you did not pvp a bh could NOT come after you you might ask " Well how does this guy know about BHing in SWG?" I was a BH both pre nge and post nge

2: is like number one nobody forces you to pvp there is no gun to your head and yes as a Jedi back in the old days you did have to worry about bounty hunters I would like to say yet again nobody FORCED you if you wanted to be a jedi then you had to deal with it again choice not force.

The only way designers can force you to pvp is if it would be the sole manner of progression then we van discuss " forced pvp" I just find that entire saying rather funny when people have no idea the difference between forced and choice.

Grammarye
11.22.2012 , 11:35 AM | #27
I wrote out a long drawn out post about how this might work, and then after about five or six design attempts came to the conclusion that, no, it isn't cool, and no, it wouldn't work in TOR. It's massively unbalanced & open to exploits pretty much whichever way you design it, and unless you're the type of player who likes unbalanced gameplay and exploits, it's not really that sensible.

If you can post up a system that isn't open to exploits, that doesn't result in one player suddenly being worth 500M credits and totally borking the economy if multiple people post bounties, that doesn't result in massive metagaming with alts, then by all means post away.

I'd also point that genuine open PvP games like EVE have bounties, and the devs there have openly acknowledged that there is no good system for this sort of thing in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by RobbyBlazeheart View Post
I'm sorry but I have to stop you and every other person who ever complained about this " forced pvp"
Actually there have been significant instances of players who don't wish to PvP drawn into it in numerous MMOs due to design flaws. It's not that unreasonable for players to make sure any new system doesn't also have such flaws.
For 2000 Cartel Coins, a year-old game breaking bug may get fixed.
For $20, an epic death scene for your character is unlocked to end your overly expensive class story. Subscribers pay $10.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.22.2012 , 11:36 AM | #28
put it to rest, move it to the suggestion cemetary, errm, suggestion box

InzaNe-
11.22.2012 , 11:41 AM | #29
I was actually discussing something similar with my guild a few weeks ago.

We were thinking about how cool it would be if we had "Class Daily Quests" or Weekly's if they find these can become too stale/boring quickly.

So for example, if you're a Sith Warrior or Inquisitor, you're tasked with having to go find some ancient Sith artifacts, or other objectives like taking out traitors to the Emperor. A Bounty Hunter would be able to collect bounties on a few planets, having to locate high-threat PvE targets and either take them out, or capture them.

You can turn this around for the Jedi as well, have Jedi Knights / Consulars have to go out on missions such as having to go to the same areas the Sith Warrior / Inquisitors have to go, but rather than collecting the artifacts to gain self-empowerment, they are instead tasked with bringing the items back to the Jedi Council and/or storing them in the Jedi Archives.

I personally think it would be great to include class-dailys or class-weeklys. They can have 2-3 of them, and alternate them out on a week-by-week basis, or whatever, but in my opinion, this would add a new layer to RP and character building, as well as providing players who are not so RP inclined with stuff to do after they've done their main story line, and keeps them feeling like they are the class they chose.

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 11:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
put it to rest, move it to the suggestion cemetary, errm, suggestion box
I know right? God forbid some people like the idea of something and have discussion about it. Totally disgraceful.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."