Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wouldn't it be cool if you could post bounties on people

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Wouldn't it be cool if you could post bounties on people

Piratekinq
11.22.2012 , 12:30 AM | #1
Then bounty hunters could go to a mission terminal and click a quest to hunt other players.

VegaPhone
11.22.2012 , 12:44 AM | #2
Sounds too fun to be implemented. It might ruin all the work we put into this game. /sarcasm

vian
11.22.2012 , 01:01 AM | #3
How would it work, realistically?

I suppose it would be restricted to the PvP servers, as a practical matter, but then what?

Someone annoys you in General Chat, or ninjas your loot, and you take out a bounty on them? Sounds like there's way to much potential for bullying and griefing in that scenario ... you know it'd only be milliseconds before someone was posting bounties on people at random, for the sheer annoyance value of it.

Consensual bounties, maybe? Where if the target isn't eliminated after a certain amount of in-game time (say, 3 hours), they win, and if they are eliminated, the bounty hunter wins? Sounds like dental surgery to me, but some people might go for it.

Or how might it work?
Two blasters; no waiting!

Caelrie
11.22.2012 , 01:02 AM | #4
Non-consensual PvP isn't cool.

oakamp
11.22.2012 , 01:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Piratekinq View Post
Then bounty hunters could go to a mission terminal and click a quest to hunt other players.
maybe u could go back to swg
or write a swg.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Eegore
11.22.2012 , 02:07 AM | #6
The player bounty system in SWG worked well but as far as SWTOR we could just make it consentual.

A simple toggle box allows bounties to be put on your head in any amount from 100 - 1000 credits by anyone you kill in PvP. The amounts stack and are then placed onto bounty boards based off of the total. No names are listed you must use tracking droids to find your target.

Anyone could purchase and use the tracking droids which would be made by players.

This makes a player bounty system completely voluntary.

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 02:11 AM | #7
It would be awesome on a PVP server. It would also be awesome if they had random PVE bounties too, outside the questlines, on a terminal... like SWG but better. I use to love running to a terminal and picking up a mission. Launching my probe droids and actually tracking the guy down. Was great fun and made me feel like a BH.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Stradlin
11.22.2012 , 02:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Piratekinq View Post
GL ever collecting the said bounties. If you fill the bumper car with sand it still isn't much of a sandbox. Wrong game, wrong world design, wrong approach to PvP for such an idea.

Idea itself is entertaining. Though curiously enough I'm not that sure if it has ever worked in desired fashion even in most functional sandboxes out there(I'm thinking of Eve Online, Ultima Online) People abuse the system, post bounties on their alts or alts of their friends etc.

Ofc, this would be a dream come true for any and all BHs out there. But yeah, just no. It'll never happen. It would never work in TOR. Ofc, you could hope to find your mark in WZ but that'd just be silly no?**

Daydreaming about some semi rendomized rare spawning mob you need to track down and kill would be more realistic. Then again, I'm not sure if day dreaming has to be realistic

*goes back to daydreaming about Sandbox space flight in TOR*

Exiting super edit!
** Actually!!
Find mark in WZ. Use BH SPACE MAGIC MARK TAGGING TOOL to mark. You and mark get teleported in 1 vs 1 Warzone designed for this specific purpose. Win and you collect bounty. Mark wins and he earns some cool guy points. Also, bounty goes up. Hu:O It could work to some degree. Not sure if it'd have much of a feeling of BHing tho.

Tarffull
11.22.2012 , 02:31 AM | #9
It's crazy most of things people want were already in swg a game from 2004, it makes me think they should've teamed up and made sag 2 based in the old republic time line.

Stradlin
11.22.2012 , 02:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarffull View Post
It's crazy most of things people want were already in swg a game from 2004.
Crazier still when you consider that if a person was to play Ultima Online for 1st time ever today ( Originally released in 1998) they'd find it far more innovative and fresh than any WoW clone has managed up to date.