Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why not: Deception Manifesto


nosmos's Avatar


nosmos
11.25.2012 , 12:52 PM | #41
Accuracy in surging charge stance or something would be VERY VERY nice.

RIght now, I have all Dread Guard minus the ear piece - with this all equiped, a dread guard internal proc and dread guard on use power relic - i have 1016 force power..but my force crit is around 33.90...and my accuracy is then 105 special.

I wanted to see how high i could get my power levels (With the new dread guard relics not WH), and since NONE of the willpower hazmat implants have accuracy (and bh ones did) my accuracy dropped, a lot.

It's pretty ridiculous actually, considering the other classes (my other toons) can easily maintain 100/110 with 38 crit and 1100+ power
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Brissellio's Avatar


Brissellio
11.25.2012 , 02:54 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by nosmos View Post
I was more or less comparing carnage to deception since the spec play in a similar style - otherwise, im comparing STAT talents that every class gets that we do not
Where are you coming up with this idea that every class has all the good talents and assassins do not. Sins certainly are not the only class without a +accuracy talent. One of the few classes and specs that can have no accuracy on their gear is carnage/combat because of how much you get from the tree.

Yes deception has to have a crazy amount of crit to be effective having a 30% and then 50% crit damage increase to 3 huge abilities is pretty damn nice as well. I would give up the 3% in the carnage tree for 30% crit damage on master strike anyday.
Brisselio- Combat Sentinel

nosmos's Avatar


nosmos
11.25.2012 , 05:37 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Brissellio View Post
Where are you coming up with this idea that every class has all the good talents and assassins do not. Sins certainly are not the only class without a +accuracy talent. One of the few classes and specs that can have no accuracy on their gear is carnage/combat because of how much you get from the tree.

Yes deception has to have a crazy amount of crit to be effective having a 30% and then 50% crit damage increase to 3 huge abilities is pretty damn nice as well. I would give up the 3% in the carnage tree for 30% crit damage on master strike anyday.
Jokes? Not sure why you refer to JUST accuracy in that statement - I am saying Accuracy / Crit / mainstat - at least 2 of each which EVERY CLASS HAS but assassins. The other two classes with a tank? Endurance ( in the tank tree) mainstat and crit. Assassins? Endurance in the tank tree
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
11.25.2012 , 06:55 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Tetsuos-despair View Post
I guess I can understand if you are missing something PVE wise.

I know this is offtopic so just ignore it if you'd rather not go into it. I do not PVE so I'm curious what the issue is with it, do people go by how much damage they caused to mobs in a parse or something?

I ask because I imagine PVE to be simply a preset routine that once learned is devoid of challenge, like playing through contra on the NES. For example, once you know what a particular boss is going to do you basically do the exact same thing as last time to beat it no?

Not trying to be insulting or anything I just don't see how playing against a non thinking program can offer any challenge beyond the first couple of runs?

Sorry, not attempting to jack this thread I've just always wondered what the appeal of continually repeating PVE content is, I've heard it's for gear but that gear is just to keep doing more PVE, I'm just curious as to the repetition and what makes that fun if indeed it even is?
lol

Brissellio's Avatar


Brissellio
11.25.2012 , 10:10 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by nosmos View Post
Jokes? Not sure why you refer to JUST accuracy in that statement - I am saying Accuracy / Crit / mainstat - at least 2 of each which EVERY CLASS HAS but assassins. The other two classes with a tank? Endurance ( in the tank tree) mainstat and crit. Assassins? Endurance in the tank tree
Then they should give marauder a 6% increase to strength in their talent trees because they do not have that
Brisselio- Combat Sentinel

nosmos's Avatar


nosmos
11.25.2012 , 10:22 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Brissellio View Post
Then they should give marauder a 6% increase to strength in their talent trees because they do not have that
lol, your missing the point man. WE HAVE NONE but endurance in the tank tree. Powertechs get main stat, endurance and increased crit on all fire effects blah blah...jugs get accuracy, crit, mainstat? Maras get accuracy, crit, snipers get Mainstat / Crit / Accuracy etc etc

EDIT: Also, i have a geared marauder i use, i know how to play it - the issue is that deception is not up to PAR with classes LIKE marauders. Move along to the next thread please
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Brissellio's Avatar


Brissellio
11.25.2012 , 10:33 PM | #47
Assassins are not meant to be on par with marauders. If you have one you should already know that they are completely different. Yes assassins need to spend more time gearing up, part of the class you want to play.

I can understand wanting buffs for a class you like to play, but not every dps class has all of the same things some have better stuff than the rest, just the way it rolls. They put deception in a pretty good spot right now it has its place where it is needed. It shines at times and other times it just gets blown away.
Brisselio- Combat Sentinel

nosmos's Avatar


nosmos
11.25.2012 , 10:40 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Brissellio View Post
Assassins are not meant to be on par with marauders. If you have one you should already know that they are completely different. Yes assassins need to spend more time gearing up, part of the class you want to play.

I can understand wanting buffs for a class you like to play, but not every dps class has all of the same things some have better stuff than the rest, just the way it rolls. They put deception in a pretty good spot right now it has its place where it is needed. It shines at times and other times it just gets blown away.
The dps classes are meant to be within 5 percent. Yes, I can pull good numbers on certain fights as deception. But I am also complete dread guard minus an earpiece. The issue is simple, give us some accuracy in surging charge stance, or bring over the willpower mainstat talent thats on the sorc tree. Something
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Amantino's Avatar


Amantino
11.26.2012 , 05:50 AM | #49
Please base your statements on actual numbers, not random feelings you get in your head. Then you can try again with this thread.

NinjaApacHe's Avatar


NinjaApacHe
11.26.2012 , 09:44 AM | #50
9 times out of 10 with my Assassin Darkness/Madness I kill Deception/Infiltration 1vs1.
The Kun Legacy - ToFN
TU'PAKH 60 SW/Mar - YACHIN 60 SI/Sin - A'SHARADD 60 SW/Jug- KAASDAR 60 IA/Op
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/NJDcyp