Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

irishfino
02.07.2013 , 04:09 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Is there an orange version that can be crafted? Or is it an item we need to suggest as adaptive gear in the cartel market? I have a hankering to put my mara in an Imperial uniform now...
Ald is wearing the TH-16 Master Medic top. I think it starts at level 47. There is the Hooligan set, which is craftable, that is wearable at level 27. Sniper leggings are level 19 and look pretty good. I had a hell of a time finding Quinn a pair of good pants, but I finally did. They are RD-O6B Eliminator leggings. Ald Jr. is wearing the Clandestine top with a pair of Sniper's leggings and maybe Sniper's boots, I forget which.

I went to great lengths to get the right look, but his bum looks fantastic!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
02.07.2013 , 06:04 PM | #152
I'm going to be super, super lazy and reply with an all encompassing: the Imperial uniform rocks my socks.

It’s a Slippery Slope to Madness

The damned drink droid came by for the twelfth time. He’d cursed it out starting the seventh time. The damn thing never learned.

“I said ‘No’ you useless, motorized pile of slag. Stop asking!” he hissed at the poor thing. It beeped, slightly insulted, and sped off. It would return. If only to make the man angry.

“You’re right pissed tonight, aren’t you?” Ald asked from across the small table.

“I have been propositioned by no fewer than seven women since entering this establishment,” Quinn hissed quietly.

“Don’t forget those three guys.”

“I would rather forget all of this!”

“Drink more.”

“That is not funny, Ald and you are far too comfortable pretending to be an officer,” Quinn hissed.

“You sound like a snake,” Ald said lightly.

“Oh, shut up!”

Ald laughed for a few moments then quieted when Quinn’s glared became unbearable.

“Lighten up, won’t you?” Ald asked innocently.

“I could be killed for this and you find it hilarious,” Quinn hissed.

“Baras won’t do anything.”

“It’s not him I’m worried about.”

“I’ll protect you.”

“I should hope so.”

“So,” Ald said quietly, looking around the cantina, “which one are you bringing back to our lodging?”

Quinn’s nose wrinkled. “I am not so hard up that I would resort to a random on Nar Shaddaa. In a cantina named Slippery Slopes, no less. I do have dignity, Ald.”

“Really? Where do you keep it hidden?”

Quinn threw up his arms and stood. “I’m not enjoying myself, you’re insulting me, and there are at least ten people staring at me. I’ll be on the ship, recalibrating the engine.”

Then he was off, his cape whipping about him. Ald was quick to follow, just in case there was a Sith watching them.

A figure in a dark corner, one of the ten sets of eyes Quinn felt on him, followed them after Ald’s shadow disappeared from the hall.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
02.08.2013 , 05:28 PM | #153
I’m Here

“Ald?” Malavai queried softly. “Ald, it’s Malavai.”

“I know,” Ald replied groggily. He turned around to face his waker. “I know who you are. I know where we are. It was just a dream.”

“You were crying in your sleep. I couldn’t leave you to suffer.”

“You should have.”

Malavai propped his head up on his left hand and stared at Ald.

“I’m serious. You should have. You should have left me to suffer in that dream. Vette suffered every day. Every single day until her last moments. And those were filled with terror. Terror, Malavai, terror. I terrorized her. I made sure her last moments with me were filled with fear and pain and loathing. You should have left me in that dream.”

“I’ll not leave you to suffer, Ald. Not while I still draw breath,” Malavai said firmly. “Dreams like this become frequent the more you avoid an issue. It’s your mind’s way of forcing you to deal with something.”

“How am I supposed to deal with it when the person I wronged is dead!?” Ald shouted. Malavai didn’t flinch, he simply stared with that damn knowing look in his eyes. “I don’t want to talk about it, don’t even ask.”

“Then may your mind be merciful, because this isn’t going away anytime soon, Ald. Not while you still struggle with the guilt and anger.”

Damn him. Damn him for being so calm. Damn him for being so accepting.

“I envy you,” Ald whispered hoarsely. “You don’t know what it’s like. It hurts.”

Malavai made noise between a chuckle and a sigh. “Do you honestly believe that?” he asked quietly.

“I do.”

“Then you have forgotten the Transponder Station entirely. I haven’t. Not one detail. The look on your face when I raised my blaster against you. The hurt in my chest as it landed a shot in your shoulder. I hurt you. I struck out at you.” He paused and looked to Ald for a reaction. There wasn’t one. “It’s not exactly the same as I left of my own free will and we parted on cordial terms for the most part. But it’s there. The guilt, the dreams, the hurt. So I do know, on some level, what you’re going through. And I am here if you need me.”

Ald stared at him. He didn’t deserve help. He didn’t deserve mercy or pity or understanding. He deserved to be cold and alone with his regrets. He watched Malavai shift closer to him, but he didn’t move. He wanted to. He wanted to grab Malavai and hold him and be held.

Malavai didn’t move close enough to touch without moving, he was just there, waiting. He didn’t want to push Ald. He knew he would come to him when he was ready. He was a patient man. Even still, he wanted nothing more than to grab Ald and force him to accept comfort and understanding. Love.

“True Sith don’t cry over slaves,” Ald murmured quietly.

“True men grieve their mistakes, accept their faults, and push through the hard times,” Malavai replied.

“I am a Sith. I am the Wrath.”

“You are a man with emotions. You’re silly when it pleases you, you kill when necessary, you spare when it makes sense. Your station and your blood do not define you. You are Aldrdinar, the Emperor’s Wrath. You are Aldrdinar the Caring. You are Aldrdinar and you decide your fate. You decide who you are. If you are truly dedicated to this new path, I will follow you unquestioningly.”

“You would follow me into darkness?”

“I would follow you to certain death,” Malavai said firmly. “You are my General; I will back you up. You are my lover; I will support you through anything.”

Ald cracked and slammed his chest into Malavai’s. The force of his needy hug flipped Malavai onto his back and forced a breathy chuckle from him.

“I am here, Ald,” Malavai said gently.

Ald lifted his head from Malavai’s chest. “Say it.”

“I love you.”

Ald’s heart fluttered in his chest. “I love it when you say that.”

“I do believe it’s your turn.”

“Oh, right,” Ald chuckled. “I love you, you stiff bastard.”

“I’m not-”

“Not that!” Ald laughed.

Malavai joined him in laughter as Ald settled into their improvised cuddle. Malavai was right, he was there. Here. Here with him. Here being silly and serious and loving and understanding.

Here was anywhere as long as they were together.

Notes:

Spoiler

Vesaniae
02.08.2013 , 05:40 PM | #154
D'awwwwwww.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.09.2013 , 09:48 AM | #155
The sap is adorable, but I also really like that Ald feels guilty over Vette. It's a very cool look into his character and also gives much more insight into why he was able to forgive Quinn. It ties together really well.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Damask_Rose
02.09.2013 , 04:03 PM | #156
I think this close to Valentine's Day, they are allowed a little sappiness!

Game Development Tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

irishfino
02.14.2013 , 12:53 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
D'awwwwwww.
They're so cute when they're in private. I should put them out in public sometime... lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
The sap is adorable, but I also really like that Ald feels guilty over Vette. It's a very cool look into his character and also gives much more insight into why he was able to forgive Quinn. It ties together really well.
Ald still has a lot to work through when it comes to his dynamic with Vette and the things that happened between them. If I ever actually write down what happened between them, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I think this close to Valentine's Day, they are allowed a little sappiness!
I forgot about Valentine's Day, lol.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
02.14.2013 , 12:55 PM | #158
Valentine’s Day or How to Kill Your Mate in Four Words

“Darth Valentinus was an idiot,” Malavai said stiffly.

“He believed in love beyond barriers like species and status in society,” Ald said defensively.

“Yes, but announcing that to the Dark Council was just asking for death. And he had a terrible name for a Darth.”

“You’re ruining this lovely meal.”

“You’re the one who decided to make a nice meal on this day and claim it to be special. It’s any other day to me.”

Ald slumped in his seat. “You’re ruining the romantic atmosphere.”

“I don’t need a day to create a ‘romantic atmosphere’ and I certainly don’t need some idiot Darth to commemorate anything. It’s a silly holiday, Ald.”

Ald pouted.

“Don’t give me that look,” Malavai said stiffly. Ald pouted harder. “I’m serious. I hate that look. You look like I just kicked your akk puppy.”

“You might as well have kicked my akk puppy.” Ald paused. “Then knifed my favorite pillow.” Another pause. “Then peed on Inusitus’ remains.”

Malavai set his fork down and wiped his mouth with a napkin. “You are being far too dramatic. This is just another day, Ald. There’s nothing that makes this day any different from any other day. I do not need a designated day to do something nice or to reinforce my fondness. I don’t need the ghost of some dead idiot Darth hanging over my meal while I’m trying to enjoy our time together.”

Ald perked up a little. “You enjoy just spending time together?”

“Stars above, Ald, how long have we been together now? If I didn’t enjoy your company by now, I would have left.”

“That’s comforting,” Ald murmured.

“Dammit Ald,” Malavai sighed. “Don’t put so much stock in a day. It will do you no favors.”

Malavai went back to eating.

“Malavai?”

“Yes, Ald?”

“We should get married.”

Malavai choked on his bite of food.

Notes:

Spoiler

Tatile
02.14.2013 , 01:32 PM | #159
The image of Quinn choking on a piece of meat. Adorable.

iamthehoyden
02.15.2013 , 10:38 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
The image of Quinn choking on a piece of meat. Adorable.
Ack! The images in my head!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box