Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Question

DarthMetier
11.21.2012 , 05:50 AM | #1
I am a level 28 dps sorc. and was wondering who would be the better long-term companion till I get Ashara, should I be using Andronikos or Khem? Obviously, Khem is my tank and revel is the range DPS, but I don't really know who I should be bringing along. Any thoughts anyone?
The Rising Darkness Legacy
Prophecy of the Five
Guild: Not Entirely Stable
http://notentirelystable.org/

Chaloss
11.21.2012 , 05:55 AM | #2
I used Khem, but Andronikus might work out better. In any case you left out one important bit of information -- which sorc spec are you?

DarthMetier
11.21.2012 , 05:59 AM | #3
right now I am running a madness spec, but going to be switching to hybrid so I can get get the chain lightning and proc force storm.
The Rising Darkness Legacy
Prophecy of the Five
Guild: Not Entirely Stable
http://notentirelystable.org/

ReaverOfDarkness
11.25.2012 , 05:55 PM | #4
Khem Val is a tank, so obviously he goes well with your healing. Even if you spec away from Madness, you still have the healing abilities. But if you want to get used to the more difficult task of running with a DPS companion with lousy DPS, go with Andronikos Revel and don't update his weapons. It'll be just like having Ashara Zavros, except he'll die less.
\\m|||=<C(██████████████████████)

verfallen
11.25.2012 , 10:01 PM | #5
As a dps sorc it goes much better with a tank companion, no other can keep mobs off you. Dps companion works well with healer since heal and tank is rather slow on the killing. Your damage being less, the dps is also capable of keeping its current target of you.

Frakkensteinse
11.26.2012 , 08:10 AM | #6
Khem! he is a bit slower on killing but he is able to taunt and get the aggro and that mean less touble for you.
Take a pick: arguing by ignorance or arguing by confirming the arguments you find meaningless.

gumbydpl
11.26.2012 , 03:07 PM | #7
Once I got Andy I kept him out for the rest of the story and never looked back. He is much better at AOE than Ashara in my opinion. I was also Madness into hybrid. You do AOE well, so an AOE companion fits that play style.