Take on an apprentice at 50.

monstaLulz

1) You gain several peons you can send off to do tasks... they're called Crew.

2) There are a number of guilds structured around the Jedi or Sith ranks. For some, when you join, you're considered an Initiate. You can rise and become someone's Padawan/Apprentice. Later you become a Knight/Lord, and eventually a Master in your own right. Point being... you don't need the game mechanics to "give" you stuff, when RPGs allow you to make it up for yourself.

Welcome to the world of roleplaying, where everything is possible when you use your imagination :)

i play with a real life friend and he is my padawan, and when we speak we do it RP wise, and it's really alot of fun, in general chat etc we also speak of Master/Padawan when referring to each other etc.

This is just another example that i feel like could be accomplished if they gave SWTOR a more sandbox feel. One of the arguments against making it more like SWG and sandboxy is that "that's not the kind of game SWTOR is, SWTOR is an mmorpg for raiding and pvping" and I HATE that statement. SWTOR should be more than just another mmorpg, atm at max level it's exactly like WoW, just doing dailies pvping and raiding. I feel like it needs to be more open world, and this idea is great I would love to see this and if they made the game a bit more sandboxy i bet we would see this.

Isn't that like Nadia Grell for consulars.

Exactly...

- Consulars get Nadia, though not until towards the end of their career.

- Knights get Kira a lot sooner.

- Smugglers don't get an "apprentice" although they get their own Chewie!

- Troopers get Aric right away.

- Inquisitors get Ashara and Xalek both.

- Warriors get Jaesa.

- Agents get Vector.

- Bounty Hunters get Torian.

So... it would seem, your request for an Apprentice, has already been answered!

Im not specificly talking about a crew member, but i guess the apprentice would be a companion. I am talking about the apprentc being apart of the story. Sending him off to do tasks is apart of the story. And I just had a thought. At 50, you can go to Tython and choose an apprentice. He/she starts at lvl 1, and the apprentice works his/her way up.

1) You gain several peons you can send off to do tasks... they're called Crew.

2) There are a number of guilds structured around the Jedi or Sith ranks. For some, when you join, you're considered an Initiate. You can rise and become someone's Padawan/Apprentice. Later you become a Knight/Lord, and eventually a Master in your own right. Point being... you don't need the game mechanics to "give" you stuff, when RPGs allow you to make it up for yourself.

Haters are gonna hate.

I haven’t played City of Heroes, but my friends who did spoke approvingly of mechanics that let characters of disparate levels group together— I think it was “sidekicking” to bring a lower level character along on a higher level adventure, and “mentoring” to limit your high level character so they weren’t overwhelming on a lower level adventure. Mechanics like that would be very handy for teaming up with friends when you don’t have an alt with a matching level.

RPing is the way to go

Remember that this game is fully voice acted meaning that every new addition like a character would need a new voice, script, files, contract etcetc

Except im on a pvp server. i would transfer to a rp server if they did character transfers

Continuing the RP aspect...

Your Legacy lets you arrange all your toons in a family tree.

So... after you finish off that 50, go roll a new toon. Call it the 50's apprentice, and put them under the first in the tree.

Taa Daa!

Hell, why use the tree at all...just use your imagination! Taa daa! Really?

Why give us Lightsabers at all? Hell, with your "logic" we can just pretend like we have Lightsabers!!! Taa daa!

Silly...

Well, technically you don't. But there aren't really any rp guilds on a pvp server

well i don't need a guild to role play, i always role play with people i encounter, and you'd be surprised how many actually rp with you, even in FP groups or black hole area.. and if i'm not mistaken TOFN has a few RP guilds, maybe you could make a topic in your server forum to ask if any rp guilds are around, they might not always check general for those questions, or it just gets lost in the spam.

well i don't need a guild to role play, i always role play with people i encounter, and you'd be surprised how many actually rp with you, even in FP groups or black hole area.. and if i'm not mistaken TOFN has a few RP guilds, maybe you could make a topic in your server forum to ask if any rp guilds are around, they might not always check general for those questions, or it just gets lost in the spam.

Its always worth checking out. Check out the server forums as well and ask around