Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Take on an apprentice at 50.

monstaLulz
11.20.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1
I think it would be so cool if, when you hit 50, take on an actual apprentice. You could send him/her off to do tasks. Even cooler, have a real player as an apprentice.

seven_deadlies
11.20.2012 , 11:31 PM | #2
1) You gain several peons you can send off to do tasks... they're called Crew.

2) There are a number of guilds structured around the Jedi or Sith ranks. For some, when you join, you're considered an Initiate. You can rise and become someone's Padawan/Apprentice. Later you become a Knight/Lord, and eventually a Master in your own right. Point being... you don't need the game mechanics to "give" you stuff, when RPGs allow you to make it up for yourself.

DarthZak
11.21.2012 , 04:19 AM | #3
What you described is a crewmember

What would be cool is be your own Master/Padawan Captain/Crew Lt/Rookie (depending on class ya see) where an alt can get tutelage under one of your 50's
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Ifrica
11.21.2012 , 06:42 AM | #4
Welcome to the world of roleplaying, where everything is possible when you use your imagination

i play with a real life friend and he is my padawan, and when we speak we do it RP wise, and it's really alot of fun, in general chat etc we also speak of Master/Padawan when referring to each other etc.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Powrtech
11.21.2012 , 11:01 AM | #5
This is just another example that i feel like could be accomplished if they gave SWTOR a more sandbox feel. One of the arguments against making it more like SWG and sandboxy is that "that's not the kind of game SWTOR is, SWTOR is an mmorpg for raiding and pvping" and I HATE that statement. SWTOR should be more than just another mmorpg, atm at max level it's exactly like WoW, just doing dailies pvping and raiding. I feel like it needs to be more open world, and this idea is great I would love to see this and if they made the game a bit more sandboxy i bet we would see this.
Advanced Prototype Powertech
"The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war"
Help us out.
REGULAR EDITION CLUB

Jtrop
11.21.2012 , 11:13 AM | #6
Isn't that like Nadia Grell for consulars.
Jka Quotes-- " is it just me or are rodians kind of creepy" Mercenary
" and Jan punches the weeqway right in the" Kyle katarn 9/3/12

Izorii
11.21.2012 , 02:07 PM | #7
I think every Jedi/Sith character gets at least one apprentice. Of course once you do their story line all you can do is send them off on crew missions.

seven_deadlies
11.21.2012 , 02:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jtrop View Post
Isn't that like Nadia Grell for consulars.
Exactly...

- Consulars get Nadia, though not until towards the end of their career.

- Knights get Kira a lot sooner.

- Smugglers don't get an "apprentice" although they get their own Chewie!

- Troopers get Aric right away.

- Inquisitors get Ashara and Xalek both.

- Warriors get Jaesa.

- Agents get Vector.

- Bounty Hunters get Torian.

So... it would seem, your request for an Apprentice, has already been answered!

monstaLulz
11.21.2012 , 05:26 PM | #9
Im not specificly talking about a crew member, but i guess the apprentice would be a companion. I am talking about the apprentc being apart of the story. Sending him off to do tasks is apart of the story. And I just had a thought. At 50, you can go to Tython and choose an apprentice. He/she starts at lvl 1, and the apprentice works his/her way up.

Wraiven
11.21.2012 , 05:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
1) You gain several peons you can send off to do tasks... they're called Crew.

2) There are a number of guilds structured around the Jedi or Sith ranks. For some, when you join, you're considered an Initiate. You can rise and become someone's Padawan/Apprentice. Later you become a Knight/Lord, and eventually a Master in your own right. Point being... you don't need the game mechanics to "give" you stuff, when RPGs allow you to make it up for yourself.
Haters are gonna hate.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-