Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

could r2 become force sensitive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
could r2 become force sensitive

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.22.2012 , 01:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
just an organism that lives inside you hmm With advance tech you could use sound, electrical pulses, air born chemicals or any other number of things to make midichlorians to do what a droid would want them to do. Jedi and Sith do this with Mind tricks, light wall and when they cut someone off from the force. They are not playing with their own midicholrians but with others. Therefore why couldn't a droid or even a non sensitive use tech to control the midichlorians? Even in real life we have modify little organisms to be able to kill you in a few minutes
While this may be possible, I don't think the Force works in that way. the Force is more than just a bunch of cells, and I doubt can be manipulated through technology, in fact midichlorians were just a medium through which one connects with the Force - so its a lot more complex than you make it out to be. I'm not ruling it out as impossible though, after all Darth Plageius could manipulate midichlorians through a mixture of the Force and technology - making a droid force sensitive forcefully is a big leap though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
ME-D Droids:

Start watching at 5:10 to 5:50 for no spoiler to the actual story.

So, although they didn't move mountains, Leeha Narezze believed that droids could use the Force through the act of gaining a personality. Obviously a force-sensitive droid would not be a Jedi, but Could R2 become force sensitive in the fact that he overcame his programming in some unnatural way to become almost....... alive? Leeha Narrezze thinks so.
Very interesting. Although I disagree, she has no evidence to suggest droids overcoming their programming is the result of the Force. Its just the intelligence already programmed into a droid expanding independently.

Xatasha's Avatar


Xatasha
11.23.2012 , 12:38 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
While this may be possible, I don't think the Force works in that way. the Force is more than just a bunch of cells, and I doubt can be manipulated through technology, in fact midichlorians were just a medium through which one connects with the Force - so its a lot more complex than you make it out to be. I'm not ruling it out as impossible though, after all Darth Plageius could manipulate midichlorians through a mixture of the Force and technology - making a droid force sensitive forcefully is a big leap though.


Very interesting. Although I disagree, she has no evidence to suggest droids overcoming their programming is the result of the Force. Its just the intelligence already programmed into a droid expanding independently.
If you can do a simple blood test to measure midchlorians then I would have to say they are nothing more than bacteria which have some mystic powers.

The other thing that would make me think droids could use the force is that T3, T7, R2 and C3PO are all very lucky droids that always seem to get out of trouble unless it is a heroic death. That is a sign of a force sensitive like Han Solo

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.23.2012 , 01:44 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
If you can do a simple blood test to measure midchlorians then I would have to say they are nothing more than bacteria which have some mystic powers.

The other thing that would make me think droids could use the force is that T3, T7, R2 and C3PO are all very lucky droids that always seem to get out of trouble unless it is a heroic death. That is a sign of a force sensitive like Han Solo
The midchlorians don't have the power, they give the person the ability to tap into the Force if the count is high enough. Otherwise if midchlorians did give the power, then anyone could be a jedi or sith regardless of how high their count is.

As Ben said its a medium.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.23.2012 , 02:01 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The midchlorians don't have the power, they give the person the ability to tap into the Force if the count is high enough. Otherwise if midchlorians did give the power, then anyone could be a jedi or sith regardless of how high their count is.

As Ben said its a medium.
Exactly, midichlorians are just bacteria (if they can be described so simply) - they are not the Force, that is something else entirely. They merely provide a way of connecting with the Force. Which is a sentient, metaphysical entity that cannot be controlled.

JediMB's Avatar


JediMB
11.23.2012 , 03:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
See they they paint Midiclorians as some sort of a virus or bug that lives in your blood.
They live inside your cells, actually.

They're clearly inspired by the very real mitochondria that exist in our cells. Mitochondria are believed to have once been independent lifeforms that entered an endosymbiotic relationship with another type of cell.

Back to midichlorians, though, you can basically think of them as a primordial creatures that communicate the Force to their host cells.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Xatasha's Avatar


Xatasha
11.24.2012 , 02:53 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The midchlorians don't have the power, they give the person the ability to tap into the Force if the count is high enough. Otherwise if midchlorians did give the power, then anyone could be a jedi or sith regardless of how high their count is.

As Ben said its a medium.
Doesn't matter if they have the power or not. Just get a jar of Midchlorian goo and install into a droid. Boom droid now has the "medium" to use the force.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.24.2012 , 06:49 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Doesn't matter if they have the power or not. Just get a jar of Midchlorian goo and install into a droid. Boom droid now has the "medium" to use the force.
Its probably more complicated than that.

But it is possible a droid could be given midichlorians, however then they need to work out how to use them to connect with the Force - and we don't know if the midichlorians would 'accept' the droid or not. General Grievous for example was injected with the blood of Master Sifo-Dyas and yet failed to become force sensitive - and he was a cyborg.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.24.2012 , 09:03 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Its probably more complicated than that.

But it is possible a droid could be given midichlorians, however then they need to work out how to use them to connect with the Force - and we don't know if the midichlorians would 'accept' the droid or not. General Grievous for example was injected with the blood of Master Sifo-Dyas and yet failed to become force sensitive - and he was a cyborg.
More to that point, the Force is in all LIVING things. Droids are not living things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.24.2012 , 03:22 PM | #39
Holy **** this is still going on!?

I'm going to go on with the old Spider-Man meme and tweak it a little:

This Thread Gave Me Cancer

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.24.2012 , 06:26 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Holy **** this is still going on!?

I'm going to go on with the old Spider-Man meme and tweak it a little:

This Thread Gave Me Cancer
This is an important debate about a subject integral to Star Wars.