Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare taking the whole week off for Thanksgiving?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare taking the whole week off for Thanksgiving?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTexas
11.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #1
No BioWare posts since Friday and no sign of any incoming patches to address any of the numerous issues introduced in 1.5

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Journeyer
11.20.2012 , 12:44 PM | #2
Maybe they're working on fixes!!
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Xatasha
11.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #3
It is holiday season and everyone should have time off to spend with family and friends. You can live with a few problems until after the holidays don't you think

NinjaApacHe
11.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
No BioWare posts since Friday and no sign of any incoming patches to address any of the numerous issues introduced in 1.5
Maybe all these bugs you are speaking of are not so gamebreaking.

Polebreaker
11.20.2012 , 12:50 PM | #5
Par for the course.

As are the apologists here...

Arkerus
11.20.2012 , 12:55 PM | #6
God forbid these folks take some time off to spend it with their friends and family. If you don't like it, you can...fill in the blank.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Urael
11.20.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
It is holiday season and everyone should have time off to spend with family and friends. You can live with a few problems until after the holidays don't you think
They are running a 24/7 service. They need to have a dev response team during the holidays to address issues. They have stated they have multiple teams. These could be rotated as needed during a "holiday" period. Again this is not a "normal buisness" this is a 24/7 service. It would be the same as saying that it would be ok if your cable TV company had noone to fix your issues with a cable box during the holidays. On demand services have different work schedules for the holidays. EAware should do so in kind if they are not currently. ESPECIALLY considering that their customer base is prolly utilizing their serves at a higher volume during a holiday period.

Arkerus
11.20.2012 , 01:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
They are running a 24/7 service. They need to have a dev response team during the holidays to address issues. They have stated they have multiple teams. These could be rotated as needed during a "holiday" period. Again this is not a "normal buisness" this is a 24/7 service. It would be the same as saying that it would be ok if your cable TV company had noone to fix your issues with a cable box during the holidays. On demand services have different work schedules for the holidays. EAware should do so in kind if they are not currently. ESPECIALLY considering that their customer base is prolly utilizing their serves at a higher volume during a holiday period.
It's common practice. We all know the 24/7 support is still there. People like forums operators, develeopers, managers, and community managers are probably almost all off.

Like I said above, if someone doesn't like that, they can get <whatever>.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Eillack
11.20.2012 , 01:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
God forbid these folks take some time off to spend it with their friends and family. If you don't like it, you can...fill in the blank.
Beat me to it ^
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Urael
11.20.2012 , 01:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
It's common practice. We all know the 24/7 support is still there. People like forums operators, develeopers, managers, and community managers are probably almost all off.

Like I said above, if someone doesn't like that, they can get <whatever>.
Your crass attitude is not appriciated. I know full well how things are done during the holidays in a 24/7 net service. I was a producer at AOL back when it was a stand alone online service in the 90s. My daily job had nothing to do with working with the public. During the holidays, I was in rotation to answer questions concerning the properties my specific channel owned and load the main news rotation to the launch screen. I did this via VPN access over a modem. The point is in a online service industry it is common practice to have people rotate into key visible posistions to maintain customer satisfaction. They could easily have a forum moderator to field questions and rotate this each day to give some semblance of visibility.