Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with the credit limit for f2p?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats up with the credit limit for f2p?

Xargyn
11.19.2012 , 05:26 PM | #11
The reason for the credits limit is so that the F2P crowd purchases Cartel Coins from Bioware for their unlocks. And not credits from a gold farmer. The purpose of any business, even a video game business, is to make a profit. Without a profit, the business shuts down and you have no more video game to play. So Bioware needs to make sure that they're the ones getting the money for the game, not some third party.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

GalacticKegger
11.19.2012 , 05:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
Many thought exactly that. They thought they were getting every single thing the paying customers are getting.
http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Pretty straightforward.
Peace out . . .

Andryah
11.19.2012 , 05:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mykeadam View Post
^This.

If you don't want the limit, pay the Sub.

Did you think you (The OP) think you were going to get everything for free?
I endorse this response.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

Zangaboing
11.19.2012 , 05:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Piratekinq View Post
So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?
Bioware you crazy?
It just means that f2p accounts must do the quest to get him, or just buy coins to unlock him for a lower level character. Not that it matters anyway since they only have 2 character slots.

RycheMykola
11.19.2012 , 05:50 PM | #15
So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?
Bioware you crazy?
Free to plays shouldn't be able to get him imho. If you want the latest and greatest stuff, subscribe.

However, its pretty funny seeing the uneducated posting stuff on the GTN for stuff catering to the F2P crowd, like Epic gear unlocks for 10,000,000 credits when the credit limit of F2P is either 350k for preferred or 100k for the basic.

Piratekinq
11.22.2012 , 12:18 AM | #16
What I meant by beating the game is finishing the story. Kind of like when you say I beat Halo 4. You aren't saying that you are number one in the world in halo multiplayer.

The story line, too me, is separate from the PVP part of the game. Also I don't run dailies and I've only done a few of the flashpoints. I play my toons for the story, I don't care at all about pvp which is why for me f2p is no different than being a subscriber.

When I go f2p I won't be losing anything since I don't run operations or warzones. I might run flashpoints but once I've played them a couple times I'm usually satisfied for good.

I just don't like that there is a credit limit and that is my one complaint about f2p.

mothear
11.22.2012 , 12:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
Free to plays shouldn't be able to get him imho. If you want the latest and greatest stuff, subscribe.

However, its pretty funny seeing the uneducated posting stuff on the GTN for stuff catering to the F2P crowd, like Epic gear unlocks for 10,000,000 credits when the credit limit of F2P is either 350k for preferred or 100k for the basic.
I suspect that those items are aimed at subscribers that are wanting to downgrade to a preferred status that are wanting to use up their credits on CC unlocks so that they can get a better experience after they drop their sub.

Samsp
02.11.2013 , 06:55 AM | #18

***?
Bioware you crazy?
Yes, They are

CKNORTH
02.11.2013 , 07:21 AM | #19
Someone explained to me when people could play to level fifteen only for free as much as they want no one complained. But now they get the core of the game and its like raining of tears???? Boggles my mind.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Don't use this Link it's Borked,
Oh Wait! they UnBorked the link! you must Choose, but Choose Wisely!

StavinskyElyas
03.04.2013 , 03:00 PM | #20
Actually I have paid for the subscriber and even gave a lot to this game.

But when I see what they do with the Prefered or even the Free to play situation,
I think they have taken every bad ideas I have seen in Free to play games I have tried
since some years, and combined their every worst choice possible together.

The money limit.
The Number of resurection on the battlefield.
The limit of money
The ability to hide the hideous helmets

And those are only a few of the options.

I don't ask them to make everything free for players, but darn they already made huge mistakes
with the community and their player base since Day 1. And with their change to F2P system
they kept doing wrong choice.

As an example, in Star Trek, even if they did some huge mistakes in their management,
they did not "punish" their player for getting from Subscribing to "free to play", giving them
much better options than what we have as Prefered status here in SWTOR.

Another example, I picked my characters to keep playing them, choosing my lvl 50 toon
as the first to keep active. And when my account get in Prefered mode, I find 2 of my toons
I had left to be inactive set as active, and my 2 most equiped and having the highest
amount of money being set as inactive. Is that how a player who paid them a subscription
since the very start should be "rewarded", by having their system bugging like hell and preventing
the player to just play, and forcing him back into subscribing mode to get another
chance to have his "characters" selection being fumbled by Bioware again ?

All in all, I like star wars as I'm a fan of the serie since long, I'm a Star Wars Game master
on the table top game, but right now, I'm a very pissed off customer who start
to wonder if Bioware is going to make 1 good decision for their Player base in the coming
weeks or months. Or if they will keep making very poor decision and very offensive
choice against their Player Base.

My 2 cents.