Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with the credit limit for f2p?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats up with the credit limit for f2p?

Piratekinq
11.19.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1
So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?
Bioware you crazy?

DAMossimo
11.19.2012 , 04:36 PM | #2
So run the quest again on your other toon. Problem solved.

ZionHalcyon
11.19.2012 , 04:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Piratekinq View Post
So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?
Bioware you crazy?
Pay money in the cash shop.

HK-51 isnt pay to win. You dont need him. If yuou want him, pay for him.

Piratekinq
11.19.2012 , 04:37 PM | #4
Oh yeah and if you unlock him on your lvl 50 character, you can't actually use him because by then you've already beaten the game(You can't use him in warzones). Which means if you want to use him it has to be on a <50 lvl character meaning if you unlock you'll only actually use him if you pay with CC later. Seriously Bioware?

Lostpenguins
11.19.2012 , 04:39 PM | #5
Oh yeah and if you unlock him on your lvl 50 character, you can't actually use him because by then you've already beaten the game(You can't use him in warzones). Which means if you want to use him it has to be on a <50 lvl character meaning if you unlock you'll only actually use him if you pay with CC later. Seriously Bioware?
Really? You don't "beat the game" in an MMO. There's also Ilum quests that continue the story. There's Black Hole and now Belsavis X.

So please don't act like you're "in the know" when it comes to this game. You show that you're actually losing this one purely from ignorance.

Nemmar
11.19.2012 , 04:42 PM | #6
The limit was a measure to lock gold farmers from abusing F2P accounts. They are considering increasing the limit but they say it will depend on how the gold farmer issue develops.

You can check the interview on dulfy.

Elyxin
11.19.2012 , 04:54 PM | #7
umm...I have 4 lvl 50's atm, and my Companions are critical parts of my gameplay. from Crafting missions to solo work. Dailies (which i run at least every other day, if not every day on one or more toons) would be tiresome and irritating at best without my companions, and my well geared comps allow me to challenge heroics at 50 that I couldn't solo without one. So they are very much used once you hit 50.

And in all honesty, im not a huge fan of HK. got him, unlocked him....and he's a very narrowly focused Comp. Exclusively single target DPS. So unless your a tank, you will probably end up "tanking" all the mobs in the pull BUT the one he's on. which can be surefire death for a DPS or healing player (or at the least a severe irritant).

So in spite of all the hype, he's not the end all be all of companions. I use him a bit on one of my toons...and not even as my main Comp. I pull him out when im in tank spec on my jugg, thats about it.

Mykeadam
11.19.2012 , 04:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
The limit was a measure to lock gold farmers from abusing F2P accounts. They are considering increasing the limit but they say it will depend on how the gold farmer issue develops.

You can check the interview on dulfy.
^This.

If you don't want the limit, pay the Sub.

Did you think you (The OP) think you were going to get everything for free?

Rehneu
11.19.2012 , 05:02 PM | #9
You also can not use any companion in war zones. Not sure why that comment was made to begin with. As a free to play level 50, there is still plenty for you to do. So no, you have not "beaten the game". You are far from it. As pointed out, there is plenty of dailies to run on different planets. It comes out to be about 6 hours worth if you run them all each day. Belsalvis alone has two different sets of them.

Rehneu
11.19.2012 , 05:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mykeadam View Post
^This.

If you don't want the limit, pay the Sub.

Did you think you (The OP) think you were going to get everything for free?
Many thought exactly that. They thought they were getting every single thing the paying customers are getting.