Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color crystals should be statless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Color crystals should be statless.

NSStember
11.19.2012 , 02:19 PM | #21
This would be ok if they compensated Artificers somehow. It's not cheap to level a skill up to 400 and buy all the add ins. For example, I've spent a fair number of Warzone Marks learning how to make the high end crystals. If those crystals now no longer have stats, do the Artificers get back their Warzone Marks? The Credits spent on high level schematics? Are they compensated with something else of equal value?

I think this idea has merit, but if not executed correctly, it will leave a lot of Artificers upset.

LordArtemis
11.19.2012 , 02:21 PM | #22
...they could convert all current crystals that drop or are sold into statless appearance crystals, and leave the ones with slots for artifice. That way there would still be a demand for those kind of crafted crystals.

In fact, this is probably the best way to do it IMO.

Have all crystals plain, no stats.

Add the ability for any player to add an augment slot.

Give artifice the ability to craft the crystal into a crystal with a mod slot.

So the crystal could have two slots...one mod, one augment.

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 02:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
This would be ok if they compensated Artificers somehow. It's not cheap to level a skill up to 400 and buy all the add ins. For example, I've spent a fair number of Warzone Marks learning how to make the high end crystals. If those crystals now no longer have stats, do the Artificers get back their Warzone Marks? The Credits spent on high level schematics? Are they compensated with something else of equal value?

I think this idea has merit, but if not executed correctly, it will leave a lot of Artificers upset.
That is why, I think, they're having such a difficult time deciding on what to do. They could always keep the stats on them but just get rid of the low level stuff and make all of the existing +41 crystals useable at level 10 like they did with the ones from the cartel shop. While you would lose out on the mats you used REing for the low level stuff, at least you won't lose out on the comms you spent getting the stuff at 50.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Spatology
11.19.2012 , 02:23 PM | #24
sounds like an excuse to rob raiders and pvpers of their "unique" color status and move it into the cartel market. get off your alternate accounts you bioware mark execs.

Eillack
11.19.2012 , 02:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
sounds like an excuse to rob raiders and pvpers of their "unique" color status and move it into the cartel market. get off your alternate accounts you bioware mark execs.
Take off your tinfoil hat good sir, your brain is melting.

People have been asking for this for years. Nothing new and makes 100% sense. The main issue is what to do with Artifice skill.

You just sound like a paranoid person.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
If you're speaking generally, it really doesn't. However, in terms of min/maxing in both PvE and PvP, if you want maximum performance out of your character, you will do whatever is necessary to reach it.
so as long as they give you choices for every color, then it works out perfectly right?

i say keep them as they are

MaximusRex
11.19.2012 , 02:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
^ This.

BW has said they are looking into this, but the slap to the face for Atificers would be something to worry about.

I'm still for a focus crystal to replace the stats.
Yes, add a slot to all weapons for a stats crystal and the color crystal goes stat less would be ideal.

Eillack
11.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Yes, add a slot to all weapons for a stats crystal and the color crystal goes stat less would be ideal.
I mean, other Star Wars games have used this concept even; Artifice could still have it's rare colors, etc, all that would be different is that there would be a new branch ot work from sort of speak with Focus Crystals.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

MaximusRex
11.19.2012 , 02:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I mean, other Star Wars games have used this conecept even; Artifice could still have it's rare colors, etc, all that would be different is that there would be a new branch ot work from sort of speak with Focus Crystals.
It would also allow them to remove some of the bloat from Artifice that results in having to have the same item 6 times over for each color.

waterboytkd
11.19.2012 , 02:51 PM | #30
I agree that things that are cosmetic in nature should be statless. They gave us the ability to add augment slots to existing gear for exactly that reason (so we could have the "best" gear looking any way we wanted).

As for the sting to artificers, the focus crystal idea is a solid one. Indestructible, Hawkeye, War Hero, etc (and all the lower level versions) schematics become focus crystal schematics with no color attached. Then, give all artificers the schematics for any color they already knew.

Also, this could give room for even more artificer goodness. They could set up some sort of tier system for colors so that color crystals could be reverse engineered into other colors. For example, Blue color crystals could be RE'd into Cyan color crystals, and Cyan could be RE'd into White. Red would go to Magenta, Magenta would go to Purple. Yellow would just go to Orange. Then, the core variants become their own starting schematic (so black-blue, black-red, and black-yellow), and those could have a higher level requirement, and the colors follow the same pattern (so black-blue -> black-cyan -> black-white; black-red -> black-magenta -> black-purple). Then the special core lightsabers, like the orange-yellow, or pink-purple, could be Cartel Market-only purchases.

No matter how they go about it, I am all in favor of cosmetics being separated from stats.