Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color crystals should be statless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Color crystals should be statless.

gabarooni
11.19.2012 , 01:25 PM | #1
Take the stats off em and move them into something else. IMO Color crystals should just be for color to add a little uniqness and diversity to your character.
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

monkgryphon
11.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Take the stats off em and move them into something else. IMO Color crystals should just be for color to add a little uniqness and diversity to your character.
That idea was confirmed as being discussed within Bioware according to Dulfy's last interview. It would be nice if this happened.

smexymage
11.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3
They have said recently that they are considering this but they need to look into it in detail due to potential issues with Artifice and other things.
. Never Forget

Eillack
11.19.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by smexymage View Post
They have said recently that they are considering this but they need to look into it in detail due to potential issues with Artifice and other things.
^ This.

BW has said they are looking into this, but the slap to the face for Atificers would be something to worry about.

I'm still for a focus crystal to replace the stats.

Dainter
11.19.2012 , 01:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by smexymage View Post
yes it would take away a major thing that artifice does. but they can work around that i suspect if they put their mind to it.

bravotwentysev
11.19.2012 , 01:33 PM | #6
OH man that would blow big donkey ****. Artifice would be a total waste of a profession and alot of people would be mad with all they have invested into it. I have to much invested into mine and hate to see crystals changed
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

Urael
11.19.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
Color crystals should be statless?

Really? So they should be mutable from solid, to liquid to gas?

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 01:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
^ This.

BW has said they are looking into this, but the slap to the face for Atificers would be something to worry about.

I'm still for a focus crystal to replace the stats.
I agree. Add an extra mod slot on weapons and saber/blaster off-hands for the stats, replace the color slot on vibroknives, focii, etc. to the stat slot. Artifice gains the ability to craft the focusing crystals using the appropriate level power crystals as the crafting item and boom, color crystals go back to what they should have been in the first place: vanity only and artifice gets a new item to sell without losing a thing in the process. They'll still be able to craft their usual colors: red, blue, green, magenta, yellow, and orange but now players won't feel 'forced' to give up their favorite color just because it has inferior stats to one they just got as a drop.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

NasherUK
11.19.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
People said this even before the game was released.

Also there should be a client side option to use "cannon" colours. So black and other silly coloured sabers get replaced with normal ones, jedi don't appear with red sabers and sith with blue/green etc.

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 01:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NasherUK View Post
People said this even before the game was released.

Also there should be a client side option to use "cannon" colours. So black and other silly coloured sabers get replaced with white ones, jedi don't appear with red sabers and sith with blue/green etc.
Eh, black cores I can agree with since black is the absence of color but your second point is a greater point of contention and really is a topic in its own right.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)