Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Immerision enhancer: Toggle saber core

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Immerision enhancer: Toggle saber core

Wulox
11.19.2012 , 02:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Hear, hear!

The only acceptable colors for lightsabers are: Acid yellow, amber, amethyst, aqua, azure, black/white, blue, dark blue, icy blue, bright gold, bronze, bronze/yellow, brown, burgundy, carmine, clear, cobalt, crimson, cyan, cyan/silver, electric blue, emerald, gold, gray, green, dark green, jade, light green, sage, green/black, indigo, lava, magenta, orange, white, pewter, pink, purple, red, blood red, dark red, light red, sapphire, scarlet, sickly green, silver, silver-blue, silver-green, teal, violet, dark violet, light violet, viridian, yellow, dark yellow, light yellow, white-yellow, yellow-green, and yellow-orange.

Nowhere in that list is pink/purple, and I feel insulted that SWTOR would include such a slap-in-the-face diversion from SW lore.
In your link it states that:
"Lightsaber crystals of different hues could also be used in the same lightsaber to make a new blade color; for example, Galen Marek used Rahm Kota's green crystal along with his father's blue crystal to create an aqua blade."

Therefore it is entirely plausible that you could use a pink crystal and a purple crystal to get a pink/purple crystal?

Blackavaar
11.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Mace Windu, your argument is invalid.
Mace Windu used a white/purple lightsaber, not pink/purple. Your invalidation is invalid.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Tomb-Stone
11.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #23
No, Mace had a purple saber... not a purple saber with a pink core.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Eillack
11.19.2012 , 02:31 PM | #24
Purple - your arguement is flawed.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

murshawursha
11.19.2012 , 02:33 PM | #25
Hear, hear!

The only acceptable colors for lightsabers are: Acid yellow, amber, amethyst, aqua, azure, black/white, blue, dark blue, icy blue, bright gold, bronze, bronze/yellow, brown, burgundy, carmine, clear, cobalt, crimson, cyan, cyan/silver, electric blue, emerald, gold, gray, green, dark green, jade, light green, sage, green/black, indigo, lava, magenta, orange, white, pewter, pink, purple, red, blood red, dark red, light red, sapphire, scarlet, sickly green, silver, silver-blue, silver-green, teal, violet, dark violet, light violet, viridian, yellow, dark yellow, light yellow, white-yellow, yellow-green, and yellow-orange.

Nowhere in that list is pink/purple, and I feel insulted that SWTOR would include such a slap-in-the-face diversion from SW lore.
So uhm... You do realize that aside from blue, green, red, and purple, which were all present in the films, every single one of those colors was at some point invented by some writer in some book or some TV series, right? There's absolutely no reason Bioware can't also invent some of its own colors, and, if LucasArts approves, have them included in canon.

I like black-core sabers. I LIKE Pink-Purple. I like Orange-Yellow. As long as they keep making cores and coronas complementary colors, I hope they keep doing it.

SalvorHardin
11.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #26
Agreed !

The first thing I purchased with WZ coms was the battlemaster saber... The second thing was a green (white core) crystal to change the black core one. These cores don't feel like Star Wars at all ! Looks more like a d-bag prop...

Tim-ONeil
11.19.2012 , 02:42 PM | #27
The responses here are about what I would expect. I should have clarified what I meant more but I'm sure people would still be like, 'too bad bro!'

Examine this image from Dulfy. http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...talspanel3.jpg

The lightsabers on the left are star wars based, all lightsabers in the movies and star wars lore have a central white core with a colored outer glow. This is the case in each of the 6 movies.

The lightsabers on the right are NOT star wars, they are exactly what I would do if I wanted to have an item similar to a lightsaber in a non Star Wars licensed game if I was a game designer.

Notice how each of the black or colored cores has an opposite "cannon" version. The toggle I'm requesting will change the lightsaber on the right to the lightsaber on the left for people that desire it.

What it means to you if you like the ugly sabers. Absolutely nothing. You still see your awesome pink/purple popsicle and the people that don't want to look at it don't have to. It's a win win and will allow us to at least pretend that keeping a game 'Starwarsy' (one of the biggest complaints about SWG was it wasn't starwarsy enough ironically) is important to a portion of the fan base.
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Malastare
11.19.2012 , 02:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Hey, guys. He's asking for a toggle so that his immersion doesn't have to be ruined by your fun.
Immersion?

You mean his lack of knowledge of Star Wars lore? There are pink lightsabers in Star Wars. There are purple lightsabers. There are a number of violet lightsabers. How is this so far from those?

Malastare
11.19.2012 , 02:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakis View Post
I don't remember seeing any lightsabers in the movies that comprised two distinct colours.
Newsflash: The movies are only a small part of the Star Wars universe.

The game is part of the Star Wars EU, and conforms with the EU, not the tiny subset of the Movies, which occurred 3000 years after the game.

Tim-ONeil
11.19.2012 , 02:47 PM | #30
Immersion?

You mean his lack of knowledge of Star Wars lore? There are pink lightsabers in Star Wars. There are purple lightsabers. There are a number of violet lightsabers. How is this so far from those?
All lightsabers have a white core. Now you know what we are discussing and you can choose to respond on the same page as the rest of us.
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST