Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Immerision enhancer: Toggle saber core

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Immerision enhancer: Toggle saber core

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
11.19.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulox View Post
I for one love my pink-purple saber, makes them much easier to attain at lower levels as before there was literally no purple colored sabers for lower levels. Whilst some may not like it, others do and the game caters to a large audience all with different tastes. If you don't like them, don't use them, that's why there is a choice in what color crystal you can use.
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Just because you hate the color doesn't mean everyone else does. You don't like it don't use it simple as that.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
For me, having a pink lightsaber has been a dream come true. You may not like it, but no one is forcing you to use that color. Just let us enjoy our colors and you can enjoy yours
Hey, guys. He's asking for a toggle so that his immersion doesn't have to be ruined by your fun. I don't think that's too much to ask. It's not like he's asking for them to be removed from the game. He just doesn't want to see them. I for one agree, a toggle would be a nice option.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Cyberwoman's Avatar


Cyberwoman
11.19.2012 , 01:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Hey, guys. He's asking for a toggle so that his immersion doesn't have to be ruined by your fun. I don't think that's too much to ask. It's not like he's asking for them to be removed from the game. He just doesn't want to see them. I for one agree, a toggle would be a nice option.

That's fair enough, but is a dislike for color really a valid enough reason to add a toggle? Also, is a pink lightsaber really that much of a jump from, say, purple or orange? I don't really see how its at odds with the Star Wars style. I'm sure the amour of my Jedi's and Sith are far more outer-Star Wars then the color of their blades!

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.19.2012 , 01:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Just because you hate the color doesn't mean everyone else does. You don't like it don't use it simple as that.
OP is saying he still has to look at it and that messes with him.

Which I understand; the pink/black actually makes me sick a little if I look at it for a couple seconds.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Just because you hate the color doesn't mean everyone else does. You don't like it don't use it simple as that.
But everyone around is turning the fleet into candyland. I can sympathize with the OP.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.19.2012 , 01:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
OP is saying he still has to look at it and that messes with him.

Which I understand; the pink/black actually makes me sick a little if I look at it for a couple seconds.
White crystal in KotOR 2 made me feel weird when I kept looking at it. The punk-purple just hurts the eyes.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

ObiJuanShenobi's Avatar


ObiJuanShenobi
11.19.2012 , 01:58 PM | #16
This is a good example of how BW is out of touch with what so many SW fans want!

We want NORMAL lightsabers with a white core. We want NORMAL/TRADITIONAL Jedi/Sith Robes just like the movies, not running around looking like clowns. We want NORMAL looking (white) Trooper gear (like the original Star Wars) without all the extra color designs to be an option!

Most of what the majority of people want in this game are visual items that looks traditionally like the Star Wars we all know and love. Seems to be too much WoW (retarded) type visuals in this game.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

LukeSaberRattler's Avatar


LukeSaberRattler
11.19.2012 , 02:01 PM | #17
I doubt you would ever get a toggle to remove alternate crystal colors. Plus what color should they become? Are they all suppose to be blue, green, red, purple, or how would the system determine the color you should see.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

Cyberwoman's Avatar


Cyberwoman
11.19.2012 , 02:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
This is a good example of how BW is out of touch with what so many SW fans want!

We want NORMAL lightsabers with a white core. We want NORMAL/TRADITIONAL Jedi/Sith Robes just like the movies, not running around looking like clowns. We want NORMAL looking (white) Trooper gear (like the original Star Wars) without all the extra color designs to be an option!

Most of what the majority of people want in this game are visual items that looks traditionally like the Star Wars we all know and love. Seems to be too much WoW (retarded) type visuals in this game.
Well, personally speaking, I would rather TOR finds its own identity and style rather then harking back to the films all the time. I like to make my Jedi and Sith different from the norm, and moreover, I think there should be a choice. If your want to look like Obi or Vader then you should have the style option, but you should also have the choice of making your look distinctive and unique to you without having to be forced to fit in with the rest.

Anakis's Avatar


Anakis
11.19.2012 , 02:21 PM | #19
I don't remember seeing any lightsabers in the movies that comprised two distinct colours. I don't like the fact we have two different colours for core and outer glow at all. IMO it looks like rubbish and is immersion breaking like so many other things in this game (though some can't be avoided). But this one could be...

A "classic saber colour" toggle could assign red to all Imperial player sabers and give blue or green (depending on class) to any Rep Jedi who are wielding a dual-colour saber. Or they could get fancier and have purple/black look purple, the gold/black look yellow, pink/purple look purple etc so that all sabers appear to be one solid colour.

I don't expect Bioware to do this. Maybe a 3rd party client mod could.
--- The Harbinger ---
Esri, Vezpa, Kaycey

BlazingShadow's Avatar


BlazingShadow
11.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
Pink/Purple is not Star Wars.
Mace Windu, your argument is invalid.