Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let the Rudenesss Begin!

DorkTrooper
11.19.2012 , 04:21 PM | #31
my extra 4 toolbars compared to a F2P player does in fact make my character superior.

Better step down before the thin air makes you fall off your pedestal.

Darth_Urtani
11.19.2012 , 04:29 PM | #32
You obviously haven't been here that long, this has been a terrible community since the site went up.
CE VIP

DarthOvertone
11.19.2012 , 05:17 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
You obviously haven't been here that long, this has been a terrible community since the site went up.
This is true. However, since 1.2, the community has been congealing into a much more pleasant and reasonable entity. That has been disrupted now somewhat with the influx of new people, but it will settle again in time.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

TheBetty
11.19.2012 , 05:20 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercyflush View Post
It's sad to see the older community has lost all of their patience and manners now that F2P has opened and crowded the servers. No more politeness at all. Fighting mobs right on top of a quest item will 99% of the time means that person needs said item, not for you to run up and steal it because you are so afraid that someone will do that to you.

I don't think BioUNaware thought this through and that they may have needed to open up at least a couple more servers. Maybe open up another PvE server for each of the East and West zones would help balance things. But PLEASE don't go hog nuts like on launch day and have a dozen servers per zone open.
Unfortunately it's not specific to TOR itself. The whole online community seems to be getting worse. I remember one of the main reasons I stopped playing a certain mmo which shall remain nameless *cough* Pandas . Is because the community was getting soo bad. Everyone just seemed to be having a go at each other for no reason
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Valethar
11.19.2012 , 05:21 PM | #35
There is no need to open new servers just yet. They'll only have to close and consolidate them again in a few weeks when the new wears off and the populations drop again.

Ninja stealing mission items, etc.. has always been an issue in every MMO. There's no real way, short of instancing the hell out of everything, to avoid it. If they did that, there would be no real point to an MMO, because it would essentially be a SP game at that point.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."