Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let the Rudenesss Begin!

Beslley
11.19.2012 , 02:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivn View Post
I've found that it tends to be the subscribers rather than the F2P folks who cause most of the problems , generally due to them thinking they are superior.
This.

I've seen a lot of hate directed towards F2Pers. A lot of whining about them getting "something for nothing" when they have to pay, at the very least, $5 to get bars to play properly, and more than that to unlock the bank, and $9 to unlock purple gear at end game. YES, CLEARLY THEY ARE PLAYING FOR NOTHING. Lol wut.

All I have to say is that if I were a F2Per, I wouldn't stick around a community that treated me with as much disdain as I've seen. Good job scaring new blood away, morons.

To be fair, The game has been full of "holier than thou" hypocrites ever since launch. SWTOR is one of the worst (if not the worst) MMO communities I've had the displeasure to be a part of.
I hate to throw around the word "fanboy", but I swear, half the playerbase would gobble up a pile of poop with the Star Wars and/or Bioware logo on it and actually enjoy it.
You know you're in bad company when Blizzard superfans look absolutely well-adjusted and sane in comparison.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

eldefail
11.19.2012 , 02:56 PM | #22
I haven't noticed any additional rudeness in chat, while we're all on that topic. I've noticed some subscribers trolling F2P. Actual trolling, not "spewing hatred but I call it trolling", actual giggling at the keyboard while they type incendiary things to rustle some jimmies.

I also suspect that many of them are actually RETURNING "preferred" players using their level 50 to troll and make subscribers look like elitist douchebags.

Urael
11.19.2012 , 03:06 PM | #23
This thread is now in the realm of the tin foil hat. Period.

First off it is appearent that the OP is just hurt over getting a node stolen -OR- that detail would have been left out. All the rest is to disguise the fact that the OP needs to just click on the node first and it won't be stolen.

That said ...

To all this Sub vs. Freeple crap and rudeness ...

Anonymity + Pixels = Rudeness. It has nothing to do with Sub or Freeple. It's the same people that usually wear their postieriors for hats that propogate all the chiz in general chat, forums, etc. This behavior unfortunately, isn't going anywhere and will increase as time goes on because people in general are less manored, more entitled, and just down right selfish. You are only seeing a small taste of what will spill over into the real world as this behavior becomes more the norm. Gone are the days of civility, decorum and shame.

MaximusRex
11.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #24
Let's not open any servers ever again, I got screwed enough by that the first time.

Guancyto
11.19.2012 , 03:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
This.

I've seen a lot of hate directed towards F2Pers. A lot of whining about them getting "something for nothing" when they have to pay, at the very least, $5 to get bars to play properly, and more than that to unlock the bank, and $9 to unlock purple gear at end game. YES, CLEARLY THEY ARE PLAYING FOR NOTHING. Lol wut.

All I have to say is that if I were a F2Per, I wouldn't stick around a community that treated me with as much disdain as I've seen. Good job scaring new blood away, morons.
Yeah, the other thing is, the servers are all bought and paid for (or at very least a sunk cost that won't be increased by using a greater % of capacity). Until BW starts buying new ones to accomodate the additional players, the free players don't actually cost anything. (And if there's an overflow of them, subscribers get priority on login so it won't hurt them at all, ever. And even when BW does get more servers, we're talking less than a couple of pennies per person.)

Free players are getting a lot, but having them here costs them nothing and costs BW nothing. Calling them freeloaders is like calling the people who download ebooks from Project Gutenberg freeloaders because darnit, you should be reading a paper bible!

It boggles the mind.

Mercyflush
11.19.2012 , 03:16 PM | #26
Pretty much this thread got off topic as I initially didn't mention chat at all because you can't ever be satisfied on that subject. Maturity doesn't necessarily mean age in the context of video game trash talking. I had meant overall game play. Whenever things get crowded things change. Whenever I am polite and wait my turn people don't know how to react. I have added more people to my ignore list in the last day than I have in the past year. Most of those are subscribers.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

TUXs
11.19.2012 , 03:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch for you is your own choice.
AMEN!!!! There are far more helpful people than there are twits. Don't let the trolls ever upset you...it's what they thrive on.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

BlazingShadow
11.19.2012 , 03:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivn View Post
I've found that it tends to be the subscribers rather than the F2P folks who cause most of the problems , generally due to them thinking they are superior.
my extra 4 toolbars compared to a F2P player does in fact make my character superior.

Synxos
11.19.2012 , 03:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
That is not the OPs central beef. You and many of the others missed this fact.

This is a L2Play, PEBKAC issue.

The OP is hurt because someone stole a "node"/object from him. It is well understood that you send in your companion first to get agro and click on the item before engaging to ensure you get said object.

Again: Click on the object first then fight. No problem.
um, confirmation bias applies to that situation as well. I was just using fleet chat as an example.
But I know for a fact people took nodes all the time. Confirmation bias still explains why he's noticing it now.

I just noticed... the OP's title is talking about "rudeness" and it appears in his post, that he's using the nodes as just an example....
I'm sorry but using what I know about reading comprehension(and trust me, I know a lot), the topic of this thread is about "rudeness" not specifically about "people taking nodes." Maybe the OP meant for it to be about "people taking nodes," but that is not how it is worded.

11.19.2012 , 04:13 PM | #30
Have to agree with what's been said already. This certainly isn't a new thing brought on by the F2P.

Same thing happened to me in a level 45 area from an 'Aussie Brutes' guild member on Dalborra server. Was fighting an elite right beside the comms tower I had to click to finish quest, dude runs in and grabs then runs out. One more for the ignore list.

But I blame the game design more than the players.