Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let the Rudenesss Begin!

bravotwentysev
11.19.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
oK you keep thinking that.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

Synxos
11.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercyflush View Post
It was tolerable to an extent. Now it hurts my eyes to weed out the garbage from the people that actually are playing the game to play it.
It's called confirmation bias. You're seeing what you believe to be true. You just don't remember all of the junk that was in chat before F2Pers joined. Plus you likely consider every stupid thing people say as being said from a F2Per, when I highly doubt you find out if a person is a subscriber vs, a F2P. You really have no idea, and are just considering everything "bad" people say as coming from F2P.

Urael
11.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Synxos View Post
It's called confirmation bias. You're seeing what you believe to be true. You just don't remember all of the junk that was in chat before F2Pers joined. Plus you likely consider every stupid thing people say as being said from a F2Per, when I highly doubt you find out if a person is a subscriber vs, a F2P. You really have no idea, and are just considering everything "bad" people say as coming from F2P.
That is not the OPs central beef. You and many of the others missed this fact.

This is a L2Play, PEBKAC issue.

The OP is hurt because someone stole a "node"/object from him. It is well understood that you send in your companion first to get agro and click on the item before engaging to ensure you get said object.

Again: Click on the object first then fight. No problem.

uziforyou
11.19.2012 , 01:27 PM | #14
It's sad to see the older community has lost all of their patience and manners now that F2P has opened and crowded the servers. No more politeness at all. Fighting mobs right on top of a quest item will 99% of the time means that person needs said item, not for you to run up and steal it because you are so afraid that someone will do that to you.

I don't think BioUNaware thought this through and that they may have needed to open up at least a couple more servers. Maybe open up another PvE server for each of the East and West zones would help balance things. But PLEASE don't go hog nuts like on launch day and have a dozen servers per zone open.
Like the first responder said (and probably others as well) you can't lose something that was never there. The game has been full of rude, obnoxious, entitiled people from day one. Time has has not changed that.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 01:27 PM | #15
Don't forget that F2P and Preferred accounts have chat limitations on them so most of the drivel you see is most likely coming from subscribers and it's existed ever since the game launched. The 'Greater Internet Theory' of Normal Guy + Audience + Anonymity = complete tool (edited to stay within CoC) has yet to be proven incorrect.

The hard part is knowing what to filter out and what to read. Ignoring the offenders helps a ton.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Mercyflush
11.19.2012 , 01:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivn View Post
I've found that it tends to be the subscribers rather than the F2P folks who cause most of the problems , generally due to them thinking they are superior.
Bingo! This and their rude answers to people with genuine questions, Quite a bit as said are returning players to put the game down. I'm thinking about taking a break for a couple of weeks and let the madness die down from the massive inbound of players searching for the new companion parts.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 02:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
vitriol.
did you just learn that word? you've been saying it everywhere

word of the day toilet paper must be working for you

Mazikeen
11.19.2012 , 02:35 PM | #18
Bingo! This and their rude answers to people with genuine questions
This has been part of the MMO community since WoW released, and I specify WoW because if you pulled that crap in EQ1 you'd get blacklisted. Being blacklisted in EQ1 was a death knell because you couldn't even solo content after Gates of Discord released. WoW released, people started to accept the hate and it just spread. Kind of like Justin Beiber... the more people accept him as the norm, the more 'artists' like him you'll see.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

CrazyCanukk
11.19.2012 , 02:36 PM | #19
turn chat window off..

Play your own game..

Works for me when im just playing through some PVE...

monkgryphon
11.19.2012 , 02:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
did you just learn that word? you've been saying it everywhere

word of the day toilet paper must be working for you
This guy is a prime example of this stuff existing before F2P.

I don't know where you are getting that idea. Saying it everywhere? Please, enlighten me on what is everywhere with examples.