Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let the Rudenesss Begin!

Mercyflush
11.19.2012 , 12:27 PM | #1
It's sad to see the older community has lost all of their patience and manners now that F2P has opened and crowded the servers. No more politeness at all. Fighting mobs right on top of a quest item will 99% of the time means that person needs said item, not for you to run up and steal it because you are so afraid that someone will do that to you.

I don't think BioUNaware thought this through and that they may have needed to open up at least a couple more servers. Maybe open up another PvE server for each of the East and West zones would help balance things. But PLEASE don't go hog nuts like on launch day and have a dozen servers per zone open.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

monkgryphon
11.19.2012 , 12:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercyflush View Post
It's sad to see the older community has lost all of their patience and manners now that F2P has opened and crowded the servers. No more politeness at all. Fighting mobs right on top of a quest item will 99% of the time means that person needs said item, not for you to run up and steal it because you are so afraid that someone will do that to you.

I don't think BioUNaware thought this through and that they may have needed to open up at least a couple more servers. Maybe open up another PvE server for each of the East and West zones would help balance things. But PLEASE don't go hog nuts like on launch day and have a dozen servers per zone open.
There was no politeness before f2p started. General chat has always been filled with vitriol.

Jandi
11.19.2012 , 12:30 PM | #3
Letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch for you is your own choice.

Mazikeen
11.19.2012 , 12:31 PM | #4
Or maybe they realized that there would be an initial spike followed by a smoothing out of numbers and decided to let us deal with a few days of mass population instead of adding and then removing servers to placate us for an entire week.

You know, maybe,
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Mercyflush
11.19.2012 , 01:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch for you is your own choice.
It was tolerable to an extent. Now it hurts my eyes to weed out the garbage from the people that actually are playing the game to play it.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Urael
11.19.2012 , 01:03 PM | #6
Fighting mobs right on top of a quest item will 99% of the time means that person needs said item, not for you to run up and steal it because you are so afraid that someone will do that to you.
Pro Tip: Click on the item before fighting.

/thread.

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 01:10 PM | #7
Not every one is a jerk. I spent a good amount of time on my Powertech last night answering newbie questions while questing. I even helped a newbie in tells find his Advanced trainer and pick his AC. Nothing wrong with newbies.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Elyxin
11.19.2012 , 01:11 PM | #8
Wouldn't be surprised if it's returning old players. I've noticed a huge increase in the trolling in the lower level areas from 50's as well as new toons. So it's not just the pre-teen f2p crowd...but I didn't see this level of vitrol prior to f2p, so unless all the long time rude players decided to reroll....it's probably the MMO Nomads that left the game ages ago, and decided to come on and troll since it's free access.

Y'all can also go somewhere else. your not wanted here. but please feel free to troll in lower areas...my ignore list still has plenty of space.

you know what's cool about ignore? you can completely invalidate someones existence with the push of a button. one click, and they no longer matter in your life. I highly suggest that peeps take advantage of this ability when possible.

It does suck that people are just playing the ninja nowadays, best thing to do is be aware. if there's someone else in the area, let your companion pull aggro, then loot said node. not a solution, but a good temp fix.

Cyberwoman
11.19.2012 , 01:15 PM | #9
Actual, I have found the community a little more polite since F2P. People seem to be helping and buffing each other a little more then I remember. That being said, you should just ignore the kids in chat who endlessly go on about breast sizes . . .

Sivn
11.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #10
I've found that it tends to be the subscribers rather than the F2P folks who cause most of the problems , generally due to them thinking they are superior.