Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about class storylines/quests.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question about class storylines/quests.

torinas
11.19.2012 , 11:39 AM | #1
I recently downloaded TOR when it became free to play (and subscribed after a day or two of playing it). I'm wondering if there are any large differences when it comes to the different classes questing. I know the storylines will be different, but what about all the other quests you pick up in the same area while doing the storyline quests?

Also the dark side choices for the sith warrior are hilarious. I can't stop laughing at how pointlessly evil I can be. too bad Vette doesn't approve.

Lionflash
11.19.2012 , 11:43 AM | #2
The only differences between the random quests you can pick up as well as the planetary story quests is they are aware of your class and past. Ex: The trooper will be known to be from Havok Squad, Sith and greeted with "My Lord", Bounty Hunter will be spoken to as a mercenary. Besides that the quests play out all the same.

However, and someone might correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are also class specific random quests out there too. Like 'smuggler only' or 'Jedi only'. Not many, but there are some.

Spoiler

itsmymillertime
11.19.2012 , 02:03 PM | #3
Each planet has 2 different quest types:

1. Class specific (8 different classes)
2. Sith / Republic specific (2 different sides)

So a Jedi Consular on Tatooine will have a different experience than a Sith Inquisitor, but 90 percent the same as a Trooper.

Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #4
Lionflash-Re your spoiler: No, that particular chain can be completed by any Imperial class.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Cyberwoman
11.19.2012 , 02:18 PM | #5
Each faction has different quests and there are, from what I can gather, no neutral quests. I believe that a with a few events overlap and you will be facing similar events and villains, just through different means and origins. How the NPC's treat you when greeted depends on class, but the story content is the same for all classes (That being said, I was questing in Voss and a element from my class story appeared in one of the non-class quests. i am looking forward to playing it with a different character to see what its like!) Class missions are unique to your class and can only be done by those characters.

BaylorCamaro
11.19.2012 , 04:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post

Spoiler
No, I'm pretty sure BH and Agent can do it too.
Chvy'Camaro (Marauder)
Vortech (Assassin)
Prophecy of the Five

Cyberwoman
11.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
No, I'm pretty sure BH and Agent can do it too.
Yep, they can.

GalacticKegger
11.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
Planets that have both Imperial & Republic factions have their bases in different zones. Most side quests will overlap, while planet storyline quest chains will be somewhat different because each faction features its own indigenous villains.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu