Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Bugs Or Working As Intended ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Bugs Or Working As Intended ?

unqray
11.19.2012 , 03:59 AM | #1
Got HK-51.
Long boring crappy search for pieces but loved the Theoretika quest.

Unlocked him for a level 1 alt. Useful for quickly clearing out the starter planets.
Came in full gear... level 50 ... unusable.
Worth 70k credits though.
Bug ?

Also noticed that HK isn't gaining or losing affection from conversations with NPCs (as any other companion would do) and they are not integrated in any way to any class story. You just have its quest which you unlock by gifting him weapons.

I personally think that it is a bit overrated, especially since patch 1.5 is called HK-51 activated... not much to do with him really.

demonssword
11.19.2012 , 04:54 AM | #2
Yeah there is a problem, you have to get him new gear to be able to use him till he is high level.
However the new gear is rather commanly available as most of the quests that give you an item for one of your companions often offer an item that was previously useful for the ships droid in most classes case. Either way you can strip the items down and put them back into his gear. Also there is a nice thing where on several planets the Comms vendor has an item for 4 Planet Comms i believe that has a nice Blue quality Armoring and Mod, or 5-6 for an Armoring, Mod & Enhancement. Or of course just find a cybertech to craft a few for you.

However yes the companion affection thing is rather annoying as you could earn some nice affection with one of your companions while he earns none, even from the options you know he would agree with such as liquidizing a bunch of people.
It probably wouldnt take a massive ammount of effort to run a quick pass over all the quests in game and add in a line for each option for Killing / murder people to give him the 15pts an option he should really be getting.
Though if you go on to this then they could of course fix a load of companions who even on the planet after you get them however they get full rep on the planet after that. It is sometimes as if the people who worked out the coding for putting in the rep gains with companions were told 1 planet would be where you get them, then they moved them earlier in the storyline without then having to work out the convos for that planet after.

Khayleth
11.19.2012 , 05:03 AM | #3
I can confirm he gains affection in the rakghoul outbreak convos (Lost Island quest ending is the one I brought him in for) if you make choices he likes about killing other people and talking about how powerful you are.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

unqray
11.19.2012 , 05:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Khayleth View Post
I can confirm he gains affection in the rakghoul outbreak convos (Lost Island quest ending is the one I brought him in for) if you make choices he likes about killing other people and talking about how powerful you are.
So he is integrated in some dialogues at least. Interesting.

rlionherz
11.19.2012 , 05:43 AM | #5
he does come with AIM armor and CUNNING weapons O.o
hybrid huh?

stick with aim or gor for cunning mods?
Agent Nermal

ToFN

AnubisNLN
11.19.2012 , 09:33 AM | #6
i've started using him on my lvl 30ish jedi knight, and through most of tatooine / the first 2 hours of alderan all he's done is comment on how hard floors make it difficult for him to assasinate, nothing in the conversations (main and side) and whenever i go to murder a bunch of people (darkside ftw) he just shrugs

this definitely isn't the HK-47 that we all love and care about, this is a neutral version of that blasted T7 unit in HK form.

but after the insane amount of month's between announcing HK and implementing him i had hoped for quite a bit more interaction.

so now instead of at least having 1 companion that supports my wicked ways i have 2 that hate me and 1 that's indifferent unless i shower him with gifts

demonssword
11.19.2012 , 09:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by rlionherz View Post
he does come with AIM armor and CUNNING weapons O.o
hybrid huh?

stick with aim or gor for cunning mods?
According to Dulfy or might have been Darth Hater his codex entry we haven't got says his primary stats are Cunning & Aim... not 1 or other. And i think i have seen a post that confirmed that this was the case and neither gave any advantage.
I would guess the reason behind it would be that most if not all droid bits come with aim... however sniper rifles and vibroknives come with cunning.