Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

wakafonas
11.20.2012 , 10:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
ok how is he being penalized for not paying for the game? If McDonalds gives me a free 6 piece nuggets but no fries or drinks. I don't say I am being penalized for eating free nuggets.

How dare you McDonalds. I spent money here before I deserve these free nuggets, drink and fries. You are forcing me to spend money if I want to have a full meal.
bla bla bla jibberish. u said he got 1000 coins. no he didnt. he HAS to pay if he wants those points and bars and that WAS my point which you don't seem to understand. i never said anything other than that. i dont know where u get the idea that i implied something else than what i wrote in my post. nice attempt at a save though.
Red Eclipse -> Nox Aeterna -> Join us!

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 11:50 AM | #22
EAWare has a terrible F2P model, this is common knowledge. OP, ignore the fanboys/drones. I, and anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence agrees with you. Charging for UI is ridiculous.

(and before people start getting their panties in a bunch, I'm a subscriber)
CE VIP

Journeyer
11.20.2012 , 11:58 AM | #23
If you want to play for free, and are looking for ways to play well with 20 action slots:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...spec_guide_to/

Solved!

If you are wondering whether F2P is going to work for what you expect to do in the game (for free)
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ike_me/c73od65

Solved!!
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 12:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by wakafonas View Post
bla bla bla jibberish. u said he got 1000 coins. no he didnt. he HAS to pay if he wants those points and bars and that WAS my point which you don't seem to understand. i never said anything other than that. i dont know where u get the idea that i implied something else than what i wrote in my post. nice attempt at a save though.
except you missed his point where he said he doesn't mind paying for vanity items.

So he pays for the vanity items and gets the action bars with out paying for them.

I suppose the concept of logic does sound to gibberish to someone like you.

Btw you misspelled gibberish.

You are complaining about getting a free hamburger and saying that its unfair he has to pay for his drink and fries

It's as simple as that.

Syekuda
11.20.2012 , 04:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
EAWare has a terrible F2P model, this is common knowledge. OP, ignore the fanboys/drones. I, and anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence agrees with you. Charging for UI is ridiculous.

(and before people start getting their panties in a bunch, I'm a subscriber)
You sir got my respect... lol

for the rest that spitted on me, well I did pay for a couple of months so yes I'm a subscriber so its not because I dont pay I should not complain about it. Its also not because I pay I should ignore it. The F2P model must influence the person to pay money to the people who made the game. Like I said before, the player must not feel penalized for a half complete UI which is the case right now. I don't mind paying for other stuff like access to pvp and more inventory or bank slots... That's fine with me and would glady pay for that. But the UI ??? hell no. Thats the basics lol.

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 05:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Syekuda View Post
You sir got my respect... lol

for the rest that spitted on me, well I did pay for a couple of months so yes I'm a subscriber so its not because I dont pay I should not complain about it. Its also not because I pay I should ignore it. The F2P model must influence the person to pay money to the people who made the game. Like I said before, the player must not feel penalized for a half complete UI which is the case right now. I don't mind paying for other stuff like access to pvp and more inventory or bank slots... That's fine with me and would glady pay for that. But the UI ??? hell no. Thats the basics lol.
Don't worry about the others, they're just mad because they don't want people to play a game for "free" that they payed for. SWTOR has a pretty bad community don't let it get you down. Let EAWare bring you down with their charging subscribers extra for things that should be free and charging F2Pers for every little and big thing. lol
CE VIP

wakafonas
11.20.2012 , 05:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
except you missed his point where he said he doesn't mind paying for vanity items.

So he pays for the vanity items and gets the action bars with out paying for them.

I suppose the concept of logic does sound to gibberish to someone like you.

Btw you misspelled gibberish.

You are complaining about getting a free hamburger and saying that its unfair he has to pay for his drink and fries

It's as simple as that.
once again bla bla bla gibberish(did i get it right this time, teacher?). i only pointed out your mistake, yet you still make up some irrelevant arguements to cover that up, although your original post about his 1k points is flat-out wrong. and then u also tell other people that they dont seem to understand something. roflmao. gotta love when some1 posts something which is obviously wrong, and then comes up with all kinds of nonsence to defend it (the mcdonalds analogy - facepalm, really?). i'm afraid i can't take that kind of person seriously and engage in a discussion with him. but you have fun here, keep fighting the good fight
Red Eclipse -> Nox Aeterna -> Join us!

Syekuda
11.20.2012 , 06:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wakafonas View Post
once again bla bla bla gibberish(did i get it right this time, teacher?). i only pointed out your mistake, yet you still make up some irrelevant arguements to cover that up, although your original post about his 1k points is flat-out wrong. and then u also tell other people that they dont seem to understand something. roflmao. gotta love when some1 posts something which is obviously wrong, and then comes up with all kinds of nonsence to defend it (the mcdonalds analogy - facepalm, really?). i'm afraid i can't take that kind of person seriously and engage in a discussion with him. but you have fun here, keep fighting the good fight
The concept of f2p is very new so it is understandable that people will make mistakes about facts in this business model. I mean, how can you argue or engage in a convo when that person doesnt understand the concept of f2p business model at the same time have been paying the game for a long time. It's like he payed for candy for a year and then suddendly he gives it to all the people for free and the person who gives it just says to him "sorry kid, thats how its gonna work till now".

lol

jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 06:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
Don't worry about the others, they're just mad because they don't want people to play a game for "free" that they payed for. SWTOR has a pretty bad community don't let it get you down. Let EAWare bring you down with their charging subscribers extra for things that should be free and charging F2Pers for every little and big thing. lol
I have no problem with people playing the game for free. It's a great idea and the people I have met in game are great. A lot of new people who have never played a MMO before.

I have a problem with people complaining about something for free. You can play 1-50 with out paying a single dime that's pretty amazing.

jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 06:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Syekuda View Post
The concept of f2p is very new so it is understandable that people will make mistakes about facts in this business model. I mean, how can you argue or engage in a convo when that person doesnt understand the concept of f2p business model at the same time have been paying the game for a long time. It's like he payed for candy for a year and then suddendly he gives it to all the people for free and the person who gives it just says to him "sorry kid, thats how its gonna work till now".

lol
I agree people do make some mistakes. Biggest one assuming that western MMOs actually go F2P. They don't they are freemium or extended demos.

F2P is TF2 or LoL. No western MMO is actually F2P. Not a single one.