Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Many Cartel Packs Have You Bought?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Many Cartel Packs Have You Bought?

Tordos
11.18.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
I've only bought 2 so far on live... most of the stuff I wanted I was able to buy off the GTN. I would like to see some more equipment, and more choice, so for example pieces of the set sold separately. I would also be happy if there was another kind of pack that was offered without companion gifts and materials, say something like 2 random rares and one common with a chance of a very rare. However, I am pretty satisfied with what I have right now.

1) So how many packs have you bought so far?
2) If you bought packs, did you get what you were hoping for more or less?
3) Have you or are you planning to purchase cartel coins to buy packs?
4) What would you like to see added or changed about the cartel market?

Feel free to share what you got in your pack(s) on the roundup I've started. Thank you.

OsarionRDM
11.18.2012 , 09:19 PM | #2
None. Don't plan to, either. Too many alts to buy speeder piloting with, and more useful things.
I find your over-inflated sense of self worth disturbing.

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 09:21 PM | #3
1. About 16.

2. Not really. Got a few mounts and pink crystals that i'm using and the Spymaster chest and gloves ... that's about it.

3. Not anymore no. I'm not a fan of "gamble bags" and got enough mounts for my characters so i'm done with the packs now. The rest i'll get on the GTN.

4. More weapons. More gear. I can't say I like a lot of the gear on the market at the moment so some new ones would be great. And i'm a "collector" of weapons for some strange reason (I blame Fallout 3, my gun stash was immense) and want a more varied selection. But I want them sold on their own, not in packs.

Holocron
11.18.2012 , 09:29 PM | #4
From what I have personally seen, I can tell you right now that EA/Bioware has made gobs of money on this move. Now will start the ever increasing habit of adding new items/content via the cartel market. Subscribers have posted up way too much incentive with their dollars, and EA is now drooling.
01010011010010010100011101001110010000010101010001 010101010100100100010100100001

What is being said doesn't always jive with the truth of what is being shown.
http://www.swtor.com/r/llTXl2

Tordos
11.18.2012 , 09:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
... 4. More weapons. More gear. I can't say I like a lot of the gear on the market at the moment so some new ones would be great. And i'm a "collector" of weapons for some strange reason (I blame Fallout 3, my gun stash was immense) and want a more varied selection. But I want them sold on their own, not in packs.
I agree Gomla, there should be more weapons available for direct purchase, the axe is nice but really I think they could use a few more, like a gaderffii stick or something, or one of those ewok bows hehehe.

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 09:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
Now will start the ever increasing habit of adding new items/content via the cartel market. Subscribers have posted up way too much incentive with their dollars, and EA is now drooling.
As a subscriber i have done my part for sure. The Cartel shop is great! I like your optimism and hope like crazy that you are right!!! I hope EA has indeed got the message....we love this stuff!

Klarick
FOUNDER
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Arkerus
11.18.2012 , 09:57 PM | #7

Got the crime lord title.

Personally, I weep for humanity. People know its a gamble, dump $80 into cartel packs, and have the audacity to complain when they don't win.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Valethar
11.18.2012 , 09:59 PM | #8
None. They FUBARed my coin balance and haven't bothered to do anything about it for 4 days.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Voodoo_Papa
11.18.2012 , 10:00 PM | #9
I bought a dozen

I got a couple new speeders that are cool. The Crime Lord title, nifty. I got 2 really awesome pink-blue crystals that i use

Purchased them for the mask of nihilus, didnt get it. Watch the price of the mask go from 5mil to currently 1.5mil. Still more than i have, or would spend but it seems more obtainable via gtn than box

Soluss
11.18.2012 , 10:05 PM | #10
Zero, dont plan too. Wont even use the "free" coins on them.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."