Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 06:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Enjoy your dead game Klarick
SWTOR has 500,000 subscribers. Who told you this game is dead?
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

astrobearz
11.18.2012 , 06:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
SWTOR has 500,000 subscribers. Who told you this game is dead?
the f2p conversion

LoL-K-Noob
11.18.2012 , 06:30 PM | #43
It is way too much freedom. You can just download the game and play for free. A whole freaking game with 8 stories for free. All a sub does is speed up leveling and makes game easier.

RycheMykola
11.18.2012 , 06:32 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
It is way too much freedom. You can just download the game and play for free. A whole freaking game with 8 stories for free. All a sub does is speed up leveling and makes game easier.
You get a lot more as a sub than simply leveling sped up. You should probably play the game before posting in the forums.

OMEGAlomaniac
11.18.2012 , 06:33 PM | #45
I love LOTRO, but I hate the payment model, the only reason I have every quest pack in that game is because I played through with someone who had nobody else willing to do it with them, and I got them all on sale/in the super cheap physical expansions when they were still available. And don't forget they charge for every other extra in the game too (extra classes, races, mounts, quick travel blahblahblah).

I'm a sub here, but I will stop playing if they go to that model. For f2p'ers they are already charging for the new quests added last patch, and i'm sure they will do the same for the rest of the expansion content. As subscribers we get this content free, almost everything a f2p'er has to buy AND we get 500 coins a month. Seems like a good deal to me. Keep the base experience free to people who don't spend a penny, allow buyable perks and give subscribers everything + free coins is a great deal imo.

LoL-K-Noob
11.18.2012 , 06:34 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
You get a lot more as a sub than simply leveling sped up. You should probably play the game before posting in the forums.
Yep bought a sub to a game I never played yet just to post in the forums, you got me.

iHumanist
11.18.2012 , 06:34 PM | #47
Free is too free?

-Silver-
11.18.2012 , 06:35 PM | #48
Besides, anyone saying the F2P option is TOO good is clearly full of it. If they really thought it was such a good deal that it made subscribing obsolete, they would just cancel their subscription and downgrade to Preferred status - which is even BETTER than the basic F2P option they claim is so good.

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearz View Post
the f2p conversion
If thats your measure for dead, then there are a whole lot of people getting rich running "dead" games.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

RycheMykola
11.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
If thats your measure for dead, then there are a whole lot of people getting rich running "dead" games.
Healthy games run server merges and cut down servers?