Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 04:58 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDusty View Post
You get starter regions and lone lands and thats it.
You sure about that? I swore if you bought the moria box you had access to all of that and everything before it.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 05:00 PM | #192
here:
Quote:
Purchasers of the Mines of Moria™ expansion get access to the Mines of Moria region and content, premium classes (Rune-Keeper and Warden), legendary items feature, Tier 6 crafting feature, 2 extra character slots and a level cap of 60. Purchasers of the Siege of Mirkwood™ expansion get access to the Siege of Mirkwood region and content, a level cap of 65 and the Siege of Mirkwood skirmishes.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

SharpG
11.21.2012 , 05:27 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
here:
Oooh right that's what it was, you get all that BUT you DON'T get the whole region of Eregion before that so you're pretty much screwed because you can't level to that content without either buying the content packs or subscribing

DirtyDusty
11.21.2012 , 05:27 PM | #194
You sure about that? I swore if you bought the moria box you had access to all of that and everything before it.
The Moria box was an expansion, so yeah. You would get that zone too if you bought it, but you wouldn't get any of the zones before. They had a package deal for a while called path of the fellowship where you could get trollshaws, eregion and moria but that was right before the isengard xpac

Korban_HoD
11.21.2012 , 05:29 PM | #195
I personally feel that it's subscribers that's getting the shaft, but buyers of the game originally, because the amount of money used on the game at first, doesn't at all match the benefits of a founder/subscriber at all.

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 05:30 PM | #196
The Moria box was an expansion, so yeah. You would get that zone too if you bought it.
Thats what Im saying, I had already bought it and mirkwood before F2P hit. So i had access to it all... or I dunno cus I didnt stick once F2P came out. Couldnt stand the constant advertisements even though I was subbed.

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 05:32 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
Oooh right that's what it was, you get all that BUT you DON'T get the whole region of Eregion before that so you're pretty much screwed because you can't level to that content without either buying the content packs or subscribing
Think I read that they changed that later to include it to former subscribers.

DirtyDusty
11.21.2012 , 05:36 PM | #198
Thats what Im saying, I had already bought it and mirkwood before F2P hit. So i had access to it all... or I dunno cus I didnt stick once F2P came out. Couldnt stand the constant advertisements even though I was subbed.
sorry i misread your post and edited mine. I was a subscriber too and i quit because it got too expensive, too much legendary item stuff that you either had to do a mindnumbing grind for or purchase on the store. It went way P2W before i had enough and unsubbed. Most guys in my kin were lowbie f2p from other countries who either grinded Gondoman skirm all day to lvl or just RPed all day long. Nice guys but i really couldn't do any content with them because they didn't have it.

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 05:41 PM | #199
sorry i misread your post and edited mine. I was a subscriber too and i quit because it got too expensive, too much legendary item stuff that you either had to do a mindnumbing grind for or purchase on the store. It went way P2W before i had enough and unsubbed. Most guys in my kin were lowbie f2p from other countries who either grinded Gondoman skirm all day to lvl or just RPed all day long. Nice guys but i really couldn't do any content with them because they didn't have it.
Damn shame because Lotro was a really good game. I saw the riders of rohan exapansion and that looked pretty good too. Im a big lotro fan of the game, books and movies. I really wanted to see the entire story but F2P just turned me south. Much like it is doing here. I cant play a game that I feel I have to purchase stupid **** as a subscriber just to keep playing. Full blown expansions, no problem. Weak content just to generate cash, no thanks. If its full blown, ill reconsider. Until that point, Ill remain with my stance. I wont be burned twice.

DirtyDusty
11.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #200
Damn shame because Lotro was a really good game. I saw the riders of rohan exapansion and that looked pretty good too. Im a big lotro fan of the game, books and movies. I really wanted to see the entire story but F2P just turned me south. Much like it is doing here. I cant play a game that I feel I have to purchase stupid **** as a subscriber just to keep playing. Full blown expansions, no problem. Weak content just to generate cash, no thanks. If its full blown, ill reconsider. Until that point, Ill remain with my stance. I wont be burned twice.
Totally agree with you.