Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Appear offline mode

SkullSader_VI's Avatar


SkullSader_VI
11.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1
I know some people might find this tool completely useless and I get that, but if you are like me and are in a
somewhat small and active guild were you play a huge part in you can sometimes be nagged to do things you don’t
really feel like doing.

I am no anti social person I like doing Ops WZs and things like that, but it feels like as soon as I log in it is always “What you doing” or “Want to run this or do that” it has happen so much so that I hardly ever login to my main anymore.

I’ll give you one example that kind of annoyed me so much so that it got me to finally right this
Spoiler
they were planning on running three SM ops (which I find boring to play now because I out geared and ran it 100s of times) for black hole coms (which I never use) and hint after hint of me not wanting to go finally I give in and spend a total three hours grinding ops that I did not care for.

So now I ask if you guys think there should be an appear offline mode in the game I don’t see it hurting anyone it just give people a little bit of privacy who chose to play alone from time to time or am I being a selfish in wanting to play by myself or with another friend. Anyways what do you guys think?
(btw I don’t plan on joining leaving or joining another guild to solve this problem of mine there all good people I like to play with and leaving would just make things worse for me)
Edit: dont know how to post here to well :P

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
11.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #2
Learn to just straight up say no. This isn't the games issue, it's yours. I like helping people and such but sometimes you need a little you time to relax and do whatever, tell them that. If they aren't okay with that then they're not good people and they're using you.

This is an mmo, they aren't going to let you turn off the only aspect(s) that make it an MMO and not a singleplayer with co-op.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

Meepbot's Avatar


Meepbot
11.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SkullSader_VI View Post
I know some people might find this tool completely useless and I get that, but if you are like me and are in a
somewhat small and active guild were you play a huge part in you can sometimes be nagged to do things you don’t
really feel like doing.
I am no anti social person I like doing Ops WZs and things like that, but it feels like as soon as I log in it is always “What you doing” or “Want to run this or do that” it has happen so much so that I hardly ever login to my main anymore.
I’ll give you one example that kind of annoyed me so much so that it got me to finally right this
Spoiler
they were planning on running three SM ops (which I find boring to play now because I out geared and ran it 100s of times) for black hole coms (which I never use) and hint after hint of me not wanting to go finally I give in and spend a total three hours grinding ops that I did not care for.
So now I ask if you guys think there should be an appear offline mode in the game I don’t see it hurting anyone it just give people a little bit of privacy who chose to play alone from time to time or am I being a selfish in wanting to play by myself or with another friend. Anyways what do you guys think?
(btw I don’t plan on joining leaving or joining another guild to solve this problem of mine there all good people I like to play with and leaving would just make things worse for me)
Maybe not like an "appear offline mode", I think it would be better maybe as just a kind of "Busy" status you can use to have some privacy. Seems like a fine idea to me
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

SkullSader_VI's Avatar


SkullSader_VI
11.18.2012 , 03:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
Maybe not like an "appear offline mode", I think it would be better maybe as just a kind of "Busy" status you can use to have some privacy. Seems like a fine idea to me
"Busy" sounds good, but I still think they would ask me whether or not I am close to being free soon.

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
11.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #5
this NEEDS to be in the game right now.

i refuse to roll a healer until i get an offline mode. i will not be spammed 100 times a day with 'hey come heal blah blah blah'

Elysith's Avatar


Elysith
11.18.2012 , 04:21 PM | #6
I think it requires more than a fake "offline" status.
"Do not disturb", "AFK" or even custom status would be most welcome and useful, since people would not be bothering you in the first place according to your current status. Unless they don't care but then it falls to:

Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Learn to just straight up say no. This isn't the games issue, it's yours. I like helping people and such but sometimes you need a little you time to relax and do whatever, tell them that. If they aren't okay with that then they're not good people and they're using you.

Radzkie's Avatar


Radzkie
11.18.2012 , 05:51 PM | #7
Actually, I was wishing I had the same thing too. While I enjoy chatting with all my friends, sometimes it can get overwhelming when a dozen people are whispering me the entire time I'm logged on. Sometimes I just want to play with one or two people for a couple uninterrupted hours, but I don't want to insult/upset the others by ignoring their whispers and etc. So appearing as offline would be nice.

Elyxin's Avatar


Elyxin
11.18.2012 , 06:01 PM | #8
I support this idea as well. Call it what you want. AFK, Offline, Busy, etc. I like it. I tend to enjoy playing support classes for their versatility. I end up doing allot of healing or tanking because no one else will do it....so there are many times I'd just prefer to sit back and be silent. I enjoy having people around, but not all the time. This would be a great way to let people know that you are busy and to ask someone else.

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
11.18.2012 , 06:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyxin View Post
This would be a great way to let people know that you are busy and to ask someone else.
Or you could just tell them you're busy and ask someone else....
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed