Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 10:50 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarlesx View Post
I honestly think we see more of his smarts during the Jedi Civil War. He basically took the Republics greatest strength (The Jedi) and turned it against them and instead of leveling cities (like Malek) he captured them and used their resources so that he would not have to depend heavily on the Star Forge.
Revan executed the first stages of the war brilliantly. He brought in some of the greatest minds in the Republic and turned them against her. He also took a large portion of the Republic fleet.

And then we have the Jedi. Revan knew that whoever had the most Jedi, the most powerful Jedi, would win the war. So he captured Jedi and broke them, turned them into Sith. Malak was more of a reckless abandon commander, destroying everything and only turning Jedi when he wanted to. Revan went out of his way to turn Jedi.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Swarlesx
11.19.2012 , 10:56 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Revan executed the first stages of the war brilliantly. He brought in some of the greatest minds in the Republic and turned them against her. He also took a large portion of the Republic fleet.

And then we have the Jedi. Revan knew that whoever had the most Jedi, the most powerful Jedi, would win the war. So he captured Jedi and broke them, turned them into Sith. Malak was more of a reckless abandon commander, destroying everything and only turning Jedi when he wanted to. Revan went out of his way to turn Jedi.
I think the best example of the difference between Revan and Malek is Bastila. Malek had to force Bastila to his will. But when it came to Revan she basically feel into his arms. When she was both Jedi and Sith. Also it would seem most Sith had more respect for Revan. Uthar just let him go on Korriban and would rather see the outcome of him vs Malek than try to stop him.

SoonerJBD
11.19.2012 , 11:44 PM | #193
What bothers me in this discussion is, once again, the statement of opinions as if they are canon. Aurbere and the Revan-haters make several leaps in logic that are not only not canon but ignore a great amount of what we see and hear in the games, the novel and various other sources. Revan was an extraordinary Jedi. Trying to match up extraordinary Jedi and Sith that didn't actually fight is always a game of opinion, not fact. You can give your opinion. You can say Mace Windu would be heavily favored in a fight against Revan. I tend to agree with that. But saying Revan would cry like a whatever is just nonsense. Saying Malgus would destroy him is also a bit of a stretch. Malgus is one of the strongest Sith of his day. Revan was THE most powerful Jedi or Sith of his day. Saying Revan wasn't a tactical genius is also going directly against what we see and are told in the games and the novel. You can double talk it any way you like, but the games and the novel make it clear he is a stronger character than what you are suggesting. Is he on the level of the top five ever? No. I don't see anyone in here saying he would beat Luke or Yoda. But give him credit for what he actually did and what he actually was and stop trying to constantly portray him as some run of the mill Jedi.

Meepbot
11.20.2012 , 01:36 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
What bothers me in this discussion is, once again, the statement of opinions as if they are canon. Aurbere and the Revan-haters make several leaps in logic that are not only not canon but ignore a great amount of what we see and hear in the games, the novel and various other sources. Revan was an extraordinary Jedi. Trying to match up extraordinary Jedi and Sith that didn't actually fight is always a game of opinion, not fact. You can give your opinion. You can say Mace Windu would be heavily favored in a fight against Revan. I tend to agree with that. But saying Revan would cry like a whatever is just nonsense. Saying Malgus would destroy him is also a bit of a stretch. Malgus is one of the strongest Sith of his day. Revan was THE most powerful Jedi or Sith of his day. Saying Revan wasn't a tactical genius is also going directly against what we see and are told in the games and the novel. You can double talk it any way you like, but the games and the novel make it clear he is a stronger character than what you are suggesting. Is he on the level of the top five ever? No. I don't see anyone in here saying he would beat Luke or Yoda. But give him credit for what he actually did and what he actually was and stop trying to constantly portray him as some run of the mill Jedi.
I dont think anyone here is saying he was run of the mill, everyone says he was exceptional, he was a great tactition, but not a genius. He was a very powerful force user, one of the strongest in his day, but he is not as powerful as some make him out to be. Everyone here is saying Revan is an exceptional force user, but theyre debating on how exceptional he really is. At least, thats what I'm getting out of this thread

That being said, hearing all this stuff about Revan makes it kind of hard to believe that 4 people, no matter how exceptional, could "kill" () Revan in a level 35 FP I realize these are some of the most powerful people in the empire, but it still seems like a stretch to me. At least now I know why he never Chaneled the power of the light side in that encounter
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Swarlesx
11.20.2012 , 02:04 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
I dont think anyone here is saying he was run of the mill, everyone says he was exceptional, he was a great tactition, but not a genius. He was a very powerful force user, one of the strongest in his day, but he is not as powerful as some make him out to be. Everyone here is saying Revan is an exceptional force user, but theyre debating on how exceptional he really is. At least, thats what I'm getting out of this thread

That being said, hearing all this stuff about Revan makes it kind of hard to believe that 4 people, no matter how exceptional, could "kill" () Revan in a level 35 FP I realize these are some of the most powerful people in the empire, but it still seems like a stretch to me. At least now I know why he never Chaneled the power of the light side in that encounter
It is four against one but at the same time we have seen Revan cut his way through the Star Forge and then Defeat the Dark Lord.

MasterMe
11.20.2012 , 07:31 AM | #196
Great point. I don't have to say anything anymore when you guys say it for me. This is soo much better then my last Revan argument. lol.

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 07:33 AM | #197
Revan was THE most powerful Jedi or Sith of his day.
Not really the Emperor, Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider and the Exile all had more powerful abilities than Revan did.

MasterMe
11.20.2012 , 08:02 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Not really the Emperor, Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider and the Exile all had more powerful abilities than Revan did.
All of those are debatable (except for the Emperor), but for arguments sake we'll say Kun and Sunrider are better then Revan and the Exile is Revan's equal. But the thing is neither Kun or Sunrider are alive during Revan's prime (I believe). So that means that Revan is only second to the Emperor and tied with the Exile during his time.

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 08:34 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
All of those are debatable (except for the Emperor), but for arguments sake we'll say Kun and Sunrider are better then Revan and the Exile is Revan's equal. But the thing is neither Kun or Sunrider are alive during Revan's prime (I believe). So that means that Revan is only second to the Emperor and tied with the Exile during his time.
'His' time is known as the Old Sith Wars, which started with the Great Droid Revolution and featured the Great Sith War, The Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War and Onderon Civil War then ended with the Sith Civil War, the Dark Wars, the First Jedi Purge and the beginning of the Kanz Disorders.

mefit
11.20.2012 , 09:38 AM | #200
Hey look its another Revan Bashing Thread !
Sweet lets look at whats inside

1. Opinionated biased nonefacts ................................check
2. Haters attacking Fanbase of Revan ........................check
3. Fanbase on defense........................................... ......check
4. Belittling of others .................................................. ..check
5. Compairison to ForceUsers out the timeline ............Double Check'
6. Opinions gone wild.............................................. ......Check and Check

Revan , the most trolled Character in all of StarWars

Still to this day , we have little clue of what Revan's skills or abilities were .
We know he ignored the Counsil and went to war with the Mando's to help say the Republic .
We know his ability to Command Troops and Recruit brought him the Command of the Republic Navy and Military
We know he was greatly Charsmatic and was able to recruit many Jedi and Jedi Masters to his cause.
We know he was skilled at using a LightSaber but no Clue in what styles he mastered .
We know he was a Frontliner and aggressive in Combat , much like Anakin Skywalker
We know he is one of the Few able to break the Emperor's mind control.
We know he had enough power worthy of becoming a timeless Milkshake for the Emperor.
We know Revan WAS a DarkJedi then Sithlord
We know Revan WAS a Jedi Knight but not a Master
We know he influenced the Emperor and stopped the total take over of the Republic.

I find most the Debat in here Laughable and is extremely biased . I mean besides seeing people put Revan in their opinionated Top ten so and so , I do not see Revan Fanboys making thread after thread of their love of but there is a ALOT of threads to attack the Character and his fanbase .

I am going to point out a few things
1 Exar Kun is much older but arguably more Powerful than Revan , but Exar Kun thousands of years later as a Ghost was still a menace to those who by these debat should have been able to handle him with easy . So the whole timeline deal is kinda out the window.

2 To compair Revan to someone like Mace and expect a outcome different than Mace winning is a really lacking Debat . If Revan was Born in the Days of Mace , the story would be completely Different .
We we know is Revan did hunger for knowledge and often traded Masters to get the most out of the Jedi Training . Not to mention Revan was really good at learning Writing and Langauges lost to the Republic .
*If Revan was Born in the Days of Mace and had the same layout for learning as Mace , it would be highly doubtful that the fight would be so onesided as people saying on Mace's behalf.

Revan is a intresting Character because he can lose but also has great achievements of his own .
He is powerful , doesn't matter the biased opinions of others .
His bloodline lead to one of the Greatest Jedi , GrandMaster Satele Shan .

Aurbere I like most your threads/post but this one , you really have come out biased on this one . My reply is not to attack you but really I hope you seen this coming .

I could go all day into Pros of Revan but I am instead going to post a con's of Revan just so I can join the Biased Revan Haters to put my opinions in their Revan vs The StarWars Galaxies fights !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self